Government Will Distribute Covid-19 vaccines to All Provinces This Month

webfact

9cfd819aeb7b74b2e9cd7bc3f011e6df_small.jpg

Paphamon Arayasukawat

BANGKOK (NNT) - The government plans to distribute the Covid-19 vaccines to all provinces nationwide this month, starting today.

Public Health Ministry Permanent secretary Dr. Kiattiphum Wongrajit said 800,000 Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine doses would be allocated to all provinces. Some 350,000 doses will be given to six at-risk provinces, 240,000 doses to eight tourist provinces and 50,000 doses to eight border provinces.

He said 160,000 doses will be allocated to the remaining provinces. Those with a population of less than one million will receive 800 doses, while large provinces with a population of 1-1.5 million will get 1,000 doses and larger provinces will get 1,200 doses.

Dr. Kiattiphum added that Public health and frontline workers will receive the vaccine first. 1,000 doses will be given to each province to inoculate village health volunteers.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He said 160,000 doses will be allocated to the remaining provinces. Those with a population of less than one million will receive 800 doses

Is that just for this month, or the final total?

Am I wrong, but I thought the plan was to vaccinate the entire population, including non-Thais?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

There is no way in heck me and my family will jab China's Sinovac. 50% effective and they can't make us.

Worth thinking about that AstraZeneca, which is the vaccine to be offered here, has a death rate of 5.45 per million based of the last official report from Europe with 30 death out of 5.5 million vaccinated with AstraZeneca, i.e. five times as fatal as living in Thailand without vaccination.

Is any death-rate known from Sinovac vaccinations?

1 minute ago, khunPer said:

Worth thinking about that AstraZeneca, which is the vaccine to be offered here, has a death rate of 5.45 per million based of the last official report from Europe with 30 death out of 5.5 million vaccinated with AstraZeneca, i.e. five times as fatal as living in Thailand without vaccination.

Yes AstraZeneca is not perfect as well but the odds of developing something are slim to none and it is pretty effective for how bit works. Ultimately I would want one like from Johnson & johnson, or Pfizer or Moderna. I am pretty against the Sinovac no matter what.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

large provinces with a population of 1-1.5 million will get 1,000

0.1% (first shot!).

So only 999 more distributions of the vaccines and we will all have the first shot.

What's your estimated life expectancy?

Better chances in the lottery.

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes AstraZeneca is not perfect as well but the odds of developing something are slim to none and it is pretty effective for how bit works. Ultimately I would want one like from Johnson & johnson, or Pfizer or Moderna. I am pretty against the Sinovac no matter what.

We don't have much of the preferred options at the moment here; however, J&J has been mentioned.

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

500,000 per million lol for Sinovac vaccine lol Good odds

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said 160,000 doses will be allocated to the remaining provinces. Those with a population of less than one million will receive 800 doses, while large provinces with a population of 1-1.5 million will get 1,000 doses and larger provinces will get 1,200 doses

As an ex-pat aged over 60 I'll keep waiting then..... and waiting, and waiting.

Siam Bioscience was authorized by the government to produce AstraZeneca.

Yet after 3 months not a single photo of the production line was ever released to the public. The plant has been off limits to the media. They claim they will have 26 million doses by June after it completes its 5th batch.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com, Feb. 8, 2021.

So meanwhile the government orders from China.???

8 hours ago, khunPer said:

Silly question. You think the chinese will allow any negative data to be released ?  

Edited by WHansen
typo

7 hours ago, WHansen said:

Silly question. You think the chinese will allow any negative data to be released ?  

You'd think they'd tell the world they'd let a virus out of the lab too.... but no.

Until people started dropping like flies and flying it around the globe.