Real estate: Foreigners told that 2021 is a Golden Year for investment in condos

webfact

The recent and continuing crash of the Thai baht when combined with the covid effect on condo prices supports the Golden Year forecast. I would wait a little longer before buying though until the baht falls another 10% to the dollar, which will probably be around September this year.

4 hours ago, webfact said:
Woradech Rukhaphan of VBeyond Development stressed now was a great time for foreign buyers. 

"2021 is a golden year (for them) and the best in the last 30 years", he said.

They should really be writing this in Mandarin and posting it on WeChat, nothing major is going to change on the farang front in Thailand as far as I can see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why? Because of the amount of available properties being huge and the Areas being overbuilt.?

The real killer is the inflated exchange rate topped with political unrest and visa challenges. Then it helps little to entice with free furniture or gold to close property deals .... 

• Like 2

Great time for foreigners to buy condos. Why differentiate between foreigners and locals if its a good time to buy why not target the domestic market? A good deal is a good deal doesn't matter who you are or can the locals see a con quicker than a foreigner?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

As far as I can see no property sales prices have been reduced over the COVID period.

It's just become more difficult and expensive to enter the country.

What if COVID never goes away, but gradually gets worse, with more restrictions and deaths?

(The current deaths, infections, variants worldwide seem to indicate this to be the case)

What if the air quality in Chiang Mai just gets worse?

(the current forest fires in the mountains indicate this to be the case)

Now is not the time to buy anything, anywhere, unless you have money to burn.

(Sorry for the negative feelings, buy I wish I hadn't bought a house in Chiang Mai Thailand)

I know what you mean, I bought land and intended building on it but after spending time there through Feb/march for the last 2 years enduring the smog, I've given up on the idea, I had no idea it got so bad, bon voyage Chiang Mai...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rael007 said:

Looking out for how things will be later this year or even next year, but as far as right now is concerned, speaking from personal experience:  

I have a great condo in a desired area of Bangkok.  It's in excellent condition and currently unoccupied though fully furnished.  I've owned it for five years and I'm now trying to sell it for a VERY reasonable price.  It is being marketed on many different websites and I've enlisted several agents.  Yet, there has been zero - that's ZERO - interest.  (which is more or less what I expected in the current climate).

So if this is a "golden opportunity" for those looking to get nice condos in nice areas for good deals - I've yet to experience that.   I think this is a lot of PR spin.  Like, "Come to the Fyre Festival; it's going to be the greatest music festival ever!"

Sorry to give you the wake up call but if it was priced well, it would have generated interest and would probably have sold.

If your neighbours have theirs advertised for 150k per sqm it doesn't mean yours is worth 150k per sqm because theirs is simply overpriced. The price to move it in this market is perhaps 50k per sqm but you would think that stupidly undervalued. Yet that is the market price.

You may get more in the future and you will if the baht FX rates improve but contrast this. I have a near 100sqm condo in central London which is worth perhaps £1m. That makes it about £10k per sqm. You have your Bt200k per sqm condo in Bangkok which you think is worth £5k per sqm.

In which universe is London only worth twice the price of Bangkok ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Property prices have fallen. There are also a lot of properties for sale which doesn't help the sellers.  Not just condos and houses, but even hotels and resorts are on the market in vast numbers. Not all are advertised or have huge signs, however, look around and speak with people and there are bargains to be had.  As for the reasons, well this varies depending on the owners situation. Some have fallen on hard times, some can't get back to Thailand and don't know the they will, some maybe offloading assets to be able to better monitor and keep funds closer to home.  

• Like 1

These developers are getting desperate to SELL, SELL, SELL.

The unsold inventory is way over the danger levels for an almighty realignment of prices

pretty soon.

I have made 3 offers on apartments less than 25% less than asking for & all refused.

They just sit there EMPTY

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crash999 said:

Seems the trend in men’s suit pants is now a “left them in the dryer too long and they shrank three sizes” look. 

I think the personalities revealed in those four in the photo speaks volumes. Two young kids, one of them blisteringly trendy, and two semi-comatose hunched geriatrics; one in Android Land, on his phone. If any one of those tried to sell me anything, I'd do a smart about-turn.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I think is true for advertised prices.......but get into serious negotiations and I think there are some good deals to be had.

When in phuket dec 26 and 27 in the mall thwubhaf condos around 2 million discount desperate to sell.