Elite card: Developers onboard in push to sell real estate to foreign card holders

webfact

3 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I wonder why....

The underlying question is if they truly love the "brand" and "concept" or whether there might be another reason for that unbridled enthusiasm. Hint words: hefty profit

.........or........wishful thinking?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_estate

Real estate is property consisting of land and the buildings on it, along with its natural resources such as crops, minerals or water; immovable property of this nature; an interest vested in this (also) an item of real property, (more generally) buildings or housing in general.

my underline....

6 hours ago, blackcab said:

This scheme appears to be: spend millions buying a property, then pay the government even more money for permission to live in it.

I think the big problem is that buying a property in Thailand gives a foreigner no right to stay or enter the country.

Recently we saw property owners locked out of Thailand during covid restrictions when other categories of foreigners were allowed in. So after spending millions of baht, property owners had the door slammed in their face.

or even worse could be about the ones already here and can be thrown out at any time if the IMO officer has had a bad day.... seen it happen to a guy that has/had 2-3 condo units and was showed the door

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkside Gray said:

Would I buy a condo again? No! Lost money on3. Never again. 2 builders went bust on me was lucky to get some money back. That was in the good times. Trying to sell now cannot get my capital back. Thailand is a grave yard for condo owners.

Yes, Thailand can be a graveyard if you don't know what you're doing. For me thai language, shopping around, patience, savvy all paid dividends. Condo buying, flipping and selling and living in is great in thailand. Highly recommend for smart peeps.