PM Prayut launches low-cost housing campaign

webfact

9f0bb780f9190a6e1073e15df4ced92e_small.jpg.6069b7b9773046ad5626fea5798651bc.jpg

File photo

By Tanakorn Sangiam

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Prime Minister has launched a housing campaign for low-income earners in Bangkok, stressing the benefits of the government’s housing security policy.

The Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha presided over the launch ceremony of Sook Pracha Housing Estate in Bangkok, which is under development by the National Housing Authority and intended for low-income earners.

The housing estate located in Nong Chok district in western Bangkok, provides affordable housing for low-income earners with rent ranging from 1,500 to 3,000 baht per month.

At the ceremony, the Prime Minister delivered rental rights to selected families, as well as delivering a speech emphasizing the government’s policy on housing reforms.

The Prime Minister said the project will help improve the quality of life, housing security, and safety of low-income earners.

The National Housing Authority is planing to develop 100,000 new housing units for low-income earners over five years, from 2021 to 2025, with 20,000 units delivered each year.

Already, there are 6,627 applicants approved to rent one of these new housing units. So far, 572 new housing units have been constructed in Bangkok for low income earners, vulnerable groups, and people affected by COVID-19 economic fallout.

nnt.jpg

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

The housing estate located in Nong Chok district in western Bangkok, provides affordable housing for low-income earners with rent ranging from 1,500 to 3,000 baht per month.

I dread to think what sort of house they will get for 1,500 a month. Must be somewhere between a shed and a lean-to. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I dread to think what sort of house they will get for 1,500 a month. Must be somewhere between a shed and a lean-to. 

And don't nudge the supports, it will all fall down. Then the builder will say 'but it was all OK when the supports were installed. But were they checked for strength etc? NO, my responsibility it to just add supports, no checking.

Reminds me of a neighbor in South Pattaya, had his bathroom walls totally retiled. Tiler rushed the job, all completed very quickly, tiler adds final tiles then asks for payment (given) and quickly disappears.

But within 24 days more than 50% of the tiles had fallen off the walls.

Builders' comment 'but it was OK, so not my problem'.

Without anything new built there are many appartments for rent around those prices already , don't understand how he comes up with his goodwill plan there are enough of them already . He's using empty housing to make himself look good and helping his friends(the owners of these buildings) getting some money for their otherwise empty buildings .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

My thoughts exactly, I was disappointed that there were no pictures of these palaces ???? 

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

He's using empty housing to make himself look good and helping his friends(the owners of these buildings) getting some money for their otherwise empty buildings .

But is'nt that just how it works!

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Didn't a former Prime Minister instigate a similar scheme in most provinces ? Not just Bangkok ????

But Thaksin !  ????

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

They are small  about 30 square meters totally unfurnished,  no kitchen a basic tiled shower/wet room  water and electric  are not included  there is also a small monthly charge for the management of the buildings rubish collection,street lighting security guards etc.

2 minutes ago, johng said:

But Thaksin !  ????

They are small  about 30 square meters totally unfurnished,  no kitchen a basic tiled shower/wet room  water and electric  are not included  there is also a small monthly charge for the management of the buildings rubish collection,street lighting security guards etc.

I knew a UK guy who lived in one on a huge estate in Korat, it was like a rabbit hutch, I don't think it cost more than 800 k Baht, but I have say that the whole estate was a disaster area, rubbish everywhere, broken derelict cars & motorcycles, no one seemed to have any pride in where they lived.

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

the whole estate was a disaster area, rubbish everywhere,

Depends upon the management company as to how bad the communal areas get,

build quality of the apartments/houses are  just about as low asposible and  still have a functioning building.

P_20210406_125241_1.thumb.jpg.99a2810eab076586811cc53634775e17.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

So you are saying i am right . Could have just said that , would have saved you some typing . You'r right . Work smarter not harder . 

???????? It must be happy hour at Nana Plaza, go on, on your way!