Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

On 9/3/2024 at 1:16 PM, sas_cars said:

I assume you memorized both songs. How was the singing and was it accepted gleefully? ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

I obtained citizen through marriage and was not required to sing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JayLeno said:

Guys. Should I wait for the 3 years timeframe (just got married) or can I introduce my request asap? I see the entire process takes at least 5 yearsย 

Yes, But go ahead and get the yellow book process started. ย I've heard that it could take as long as a year (mine took 6 months). If you have a baby sometime in the next 3 years then as soon as your baby is born you can apply (I highly recommend not rushing having children for the sole purpose of applying for Thai citizenship, thoughย ๐Ÿ˜‰)

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, qualtrough said:

Immigrations fees/laws/requirements can change. You could wake up one day to find out that your retirement or marriage visa costs twice what it did the other day.

ย 

Or that a significant additional requirement has been imposed on it - as in the case of mandatory health insurance which was abruptly slapped on non-OA visa holders past and present a few years ago.

Edited by OJAS

On 9/6/2024 at 12:03 AM, khongaeng said:

Yes, But go ahead and get the yellow book process started. ย I've heard that it could take as long as a year (mine took 6 months). If you have a baby sometime in the next 3 years then as soon as your baby is born you can apply (I highly recommend not rushing having children for the sole purpose of applying for Thai citizenship, thoughย ๐Ÿ˜‰)

The yellow book process is extremely fast an easy provided you have an owner of a property who will let you register at their address.

ย 

The most painful part is taking your passport to your embassy to get a certified copy and then taking it for an official and certified Thai translation. The certified Thai translation can be done using an online service and they will mail you the originals in 3 working days. Very painless now.

ย 

Once the documents are submitted at the District office the yellow book and pink ID card are done immediately.

ย 

My whole process took just a few days to complete.

Edited by Marcati
  • Like 1

I just saw this on Google. It was a link description that shows up when you google citizenship. The thing is, these are listed as the myths of citizenship, but somehow the myth part gets left off!

ย 

How many foreigners get Thai citizenship?
ย 
ย 
How can I get Thai citizenship? | Thai Citizenship
ย 
Onlyย 100 people per yearย are granted Thai citizenship. You have to live in Thailand for two decades before you can apply; Only people who have 'connections' in high places get citizenship; They only want millionaires to apply; or.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1