80,001 – 100,000 baht - 20 points

more than 100,0001 baht - 25 points

I am assuming the correct 

80,000 – 90,000 baht  - 15 points

90,001 – 100,000 baht - 20 points

more than 100,0001 baht - 25 points

Edited by THAIJAMES

1 hour ago, THAIJAMES said:

Thanks for this, I was about to ask for people who graduated from a Thai university, but that's answered now! 

6 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

Thank you. Assuming this content is a correct translation of the documents in use, it shows that in order to get reading/writing points one has to sing the anthems.

Able to listen and speak in Thai    8
Able to listen and speak in Thai including to sing Thai national anthem and royal anthem    10
Able to listen, speak and read in Thai including to sing Thai national anthem and royal anthem    13
Able to listen, speak, read and write in Thai including to sing Thai national anthem and royal anthem    15

1 minute ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Thank you. Assuming this content is a correct translation of the documents in use, it shows that in order to get reading/writing points one has to sing the anthems.

Able to listen and speak in Thai    8
Able to listen and speak in Thai including to sing Thai national anthem and royal anthem    10
Able to listen, speak and read in Thai including to sing Thai national anthem and royal anthem    13
Able to listen, speak, read and write in Thai including to sing Thai national anthem and royal anthem    15

That is exactly what happened with me. I got no points for reading because I did not sing the anthems. I was given 8 points. However, one of the posters mentioned that it had since changed such that you could get points for reading and writing without the anthems. 

On 6/21/2018 at 2:12 PM, GarryP said:

Spot on for the sweet spot.  

The way the language points were issued when I applied was rather disappointing. I was clearly able to read Thai as the knowledge of Thailand test was written in Thai and I had no one assisting me. Yet I got no points for reading because I did not sing the anthems.   

From what I recall they were not planning to give me the reading and writing tests, until I requested them. I think they assumed that no one would want to do reading, writing or singing, if they didn’t have to. It turned there was still no formal reading or writing test then, as it was a new addition. So I was asked to read aloud a memo on the officer’s desk and write the full address of SB. I somehow managed to get full points for Thai language including singing which was by far the hardest bit.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2018 at 11:08 PM, qualtrough said:

First off, congrats to Sathuluv! Two years? That's heartening.

I was told by the SB on May 19th or so that I could expect a call about my NIA interview in about three weeks, no guarantee of course. It's been only a month and I am still waiting. I had to go to the US for a quick trip last week so I called my case officer. He said that if the NIA tried and failed to contact me they would return my file to him and he would contact me and then resubmit it. So far that hasn't happened he said. Wondering, what is the average time currently between completing the SB process and the NIA interview?

My application was filed with SB in early April and I was told to expect the NIA call around the end of that month. I had a fixed schedule overseas business trip in mid-May and of course the NIA call finally came in the afternoon of the day I was leaving (a Friday), with a request to attend an interview the following Tuesday. I explained why I couldn't make it and was asked to call them back after I returned (I was away in all about 10 days). I told my SB case officer and he also said that it was likely my file would be returned. I called NIA when I got back and then pursued them for a week or so to try and fix a date. It's not as easy as it sounds, because they schedule groups of applicants at one time, and they don't seem to like to plan very far ahead (ie further than the next week). Anyway, eventually got it all sorted and my file was with NIA all the time. I believe the main reason they send files back to SB is that there is a time frame within which the NIA has to conduct the interview i.e. the SB letter requests that NIA interview Mr A within XX days of the date of the SB letter.

The actual interview was very straightforward and low-key. Good luck.

• Like 1

Received my Thai ID went well before time of the appointment time 9am. The officer called my missus mobile and asked to come if we are in and went to see her at 8:50am and few documents were like marriage certificate and my daughter birth certificate. Few more documents which the officer prepared in the Amphur office we both signed. Officer said it might take till noon to move from yellow to Blue book. Have to get the approval from Chief of Amphur.

Post lunch can do your ID card.

Luckily there was no many people and our documents were straight forward and we had all on hand(I know this is something over doing) but having all original documents and 2 copies comes handy to move the process faster.

Later the Chief invited me and my missus. Asked our history etc. After a while she signed our documents and sent to ID section. 8:50-10:40 entry to Blue book. 10:40-11:15 received my ID card.

Next week planned to go to Passport office in Bangna.

One question do I need to cancel my NON-O visa now or let it expire? Same for work permit as well. Then I could complete this formality to close the records in Thai system that I’m not an Alien anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, sathuluv said:

Received my Thai ID went well before time of the appointment time 9am. The officer called my missus mobile and asked to come if we are in and went to see her at 8:50am and few documents were like marriage certificate and my daughter birth certificate. Few more documents which the officer prepared in the Amphur office we both signed. Officer said it might take till noon to move from yellow to Blue book. Have to get the approval from Chief of Amphur.

Post lunch can do your ID card.

Luckily there was no many people and our documents were straight forward and we had all on hand(I know this is something over doing) but having all original documents and 2 copies comes handy to move the process faster.

Later the Chief invited me and my missus. Asked our history etc. After a while she signed our documents and sent to ID section. 8:50-10:40 entry to Blue book. 10:40-11:15 received my ID card.

Next week planned to go to Passport office in Bangna.

One question do I need to cancel my NON-O visa now or let it expire? Same for work permit as well. Then I could complete this formality to close the records in Thai system that I’m not an Alien anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What date did you actually submit your application to SB?

On 7/2/2016 at 9:20 PM, sathuluv said:

Congrats and kudos to all who acquired Thai Nationality. Good luck those who submitted and waiting for the next steps.

This thread had given me insights and direct experience shared by the OP, I would like to share my experience for other new applicants.

I have just submitted my application in SB, BKK 2 weeks ago. Based on Thai Wife, having WP 3+ years, married registration 4+ yrs and daughter 2+ yrs. Tax 3yrs, Yellow Book, BKK.

1. Tue, 28.06.16 SB Police called me for a formal interview with the Chief (3rd floor). There were 3 application including me on the day.

Casual general questions on whereabouts, education and our wedding. After the conversation of about 20 mins the Chief mentioned your application will be processed and next round of committee meeting I will be joining too. Signed couple of papers in front of us. He did mentioned, please be patience to receive Thai Nationality will take ~2 years. Wife & me smiled and left his room. Mind voice: though, the reality might be 4-5 years from now...... based on Oasis - 6+yrs, GarryP - 3+yrs and even my friend who applied in 2009 received just this Feb'16.

2. Came back to the SB Police office and gave my finger prints

3. Officer handed over 3 seal envelopes i) My embassy ii) District office for Thai name registration and iii) District office for our marriage registration confirmation

4. Before we leave officer mentioned please don't travel outside the country for 2 weeks SB police will call you for the next meeting. I guess this should be the McD meeting with the NIA.

5. Officer was very friendly and she became friends with my wife and started chatting on Line already ;)

Will keep all posted on the next meetings and progress.

Cheers ;)

Under 2 years from application to Thai ID- wonderful - congratulations. 

On 5/30/2017 at 6:34 AM, sathuluv said:

Hi All

Been at Lum Luk La, DOPA/BORA @8:35am. Signed the form to mark the attendance.
1. Thai husband application is group 1. So, they had the Morning session.
2. Thai wife application is group 2. Also they keep the Q as per the serial number on the letter.
3. The co-ordinator lady had given the summary of next steps and timelines. Will will be approval by moi 2-3months, then send to HM King, then oath, then the documents to be collected from SB. Between each process 2-3 months. Again it depends on circumstances.
4. My turn came, entered the room they were reading my profile in Thai to all once it's done they allowed me to enter in.
a) around 15 persons in the meeting room in the desk and 6 of them on the chairs away from desks.
B) one mic provided introduced myself in Thai and then about work. There was a gentleman facing straight to me was administering the session with questions. I was but nervous as this was my 1st experience to speak Thai at this level. Understood the question and mixed thai with English though.
c) general questions like, where did you met, when the wedding happened, which country you would like to live in(of course Thailand), what's the plans for next 5 years. Finally, asked my daughter to speak and she said her name and that was the end of the interview.
Total time approx: 10mins.
They have not asked any documents to check, no national anthem.

Just been myself and replied to their questions in Thai and little English.

Hope I did well. Let's see what's next.

Does one have to take their children to the MOI interview?  I am expecting mine soon but would rather just go with my wife. 

I finished the SB process on May 19th and was told to expect a call from the NIA within 3 weeks or perhaps a bit longer - no promises. On June 5th I had an emergency that called me back to the USA for a week. When I got back I call my SB officer to ask him if he had heard anything and he said no, and if the NIA could not contact me they would send my case file back to him at some point. Someone here said to worry if it approaches 6 weeks, which it will be doing by first week of July. Any advice, experiences to relate? Worried of course.

5 hours ago, Johnniey said:

What date did you actually submit your application to SB?

Early 2016 was the official submission. In 2015 I been there few times to collect and prepare the documents as one officer (Lady) was kind to support my wife and gave guidance to prepare all in one time and then submit. As any hiccups once submitted might delay the whole process which multiple/various agencies and offices are involved.

5 hours ago, yankee99 said:

I actually was going to ask if it was appropriate to bring my children to the moi interview.. thinking it would speed things up. 

Indeed, its not a mandate. We took our 3 years old daughter for the MOI interview. As I applied thru Thai wife have to wait for the Thai Husband applicants. So, we got to wait for almost end of the day say around 2:45pm. as they follow the Q number on the interview call letter. But, I am not sure that helped to speed up the interview as it lasted around 10mins only.

1 hour ago, qualtrough said:

I finished the SB process on May 19th and was told to expect a call from the NIA within 3 weeks or perhaps a bit longer - no promises. On June 5th I had an emergency that called me back to the USA for a week. When I got back I call my SB officer to ask him if he had heard anything and he said no, and if the NIA could not contact me they would send my case file back to him at some point. Someone here said to worry if it approaches 6 weeks, which it will be doing by first week of July. Any advice, experiences to relate? Worried of course.

One piece of suggestion would be please touch base with the officer in SB Office whom you submitted the application. He/She might throw some light here. 

5 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Under 2 years from application to Thai ID- wonderful - congratulations. 

Thank you. I would say its 2 ½ years.

The supporting documents might have helped my case like, marriage registration, biological child, tax documents (back tracking 5+ years - paid a sizable tax amount officer), work permit, donations (lucky without knowing this requirement I was donating few times a year and a Red Cross blood donor), Master degree etc....

54 minutes ago, sathuluv said:

One piece of suggestion would be please touch base with the officer in SB Office whom you submitted the application. He/She might throw some light here. 

I did call him when I got back from my trip and he just said, as he has before, that it's out of his hands and with the NIA. If it passes 6 weeks I will give him a call to see if has any news, like the file being returned.

10 hours ago, qualtrough said:

I did call him when I got back from my trip and he just said, as he has before, that it's out of his hands and with the NIA. If it passes 6 weeks I will give him a call to see if has any news, like the file being returned.

See my post a page or two back. It took about 5 weeks for me to get the NIA call (on day I was leaving on a 10-day overseas trip). There were however many public holidays during the period waiting for the call. 

My call came from a mobile number, not a landline, so make sure you answer any calls from a mobile number you don't recognise. If you see a missed call from a number you don't recognise, it's probably worth calling it back. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 11:16 AM, THAIJAMES said:

Here’s a brain teaser....

is it conceptually possible for a non married person who gets PR to then pretty much apply for citizenship straight away? So long as they have the certificate of residence and alien book per legislation, and as long as they score well in other areas then from my reading someone in that position could be eligible??

44 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

See my post a page or two back. It took about 5 weeks for me to get the NIA call (on day I was leaving on a 10-day overseas trip). There were however many public holidays during the period waiting for the call. 

My call came from a mobile number, not a landline, so make sure you answer any calls from a mobile number you don't recognise. If you see a missed call from a number you don't recognise, it's probably worth calling it back. 

Thanks. I have been monitoring my missed calls like a hawk!

2 hours ago, yankee99 said:

If you are applying based on marriage you might want to alert your wife. In my situation they called my wife not me

Also ask for Line contacts with the people at special branch.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, yankee99 said:

I actually was going to ask if it was appropriate to bring my children to the moi interview.. thinking it would speed things up. 

Children are only required, if they have applied along with you which can only be the case, if you are applying on the basis of PR and have a foreign wife.  It's a long day for a child to be hanging around, so probably better to park them somewhere else, if you can.