Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Businessman my wife taught towards his citizenship process a few years ago was asked for 500k baht for his passport, when he declined they came back a few months later and said he could still get it but the price was now 700k. He did not bother, I wondered if it was common practice.

Businessman my wife taught towards his citizenship process a few years ago was asked for 500k baht for his passport, when he declined they came back a few months later and said he could still get it but the price was now 700k. He did not bother, I wondered if it was common practice.

Con job or he did not qualify and that was his “qualification”.

I paid the govt 5000 baht fee, translation fees for docs ( about 5 to 10k I think ) and ie 100 baht for something

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Citizenship Fees is 5000THB
Donations before apply Nationality 5000THB
Tax: 100THB

That total you paid to Ministry of Interior.

no one can charge for Passport this amount.

Passport can make at Ministry of Foreign Affairs , consular and Passport Section. directly.

Citizenship Fees is 5000THB
Donations before apply Nationality 5000THB
Tax: 100THB

That total you paid to Ministry of Interior.

no one can charge for Passport this amount.
Passport can make at Ministry of Foreign Affairs , consular and Passport Section. directly.

Yep.... when I got my passport - I timed it. Process took 7 minutes, 1000 baht and picked up next day

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, cmsally said:

There was a new batch of female/children who gained citizenship just announced. Unfortunately me not on it...sigh...

I think that was Married to Thai husband and Stateless kids, can you share link

On 5/25/2019 at 1:17 PM, Neeranam said:

Had anyone heard of the next MOI interview? I guess there isn't one this month.

Would anyone recommend a phone call to special branch - do they hear about the interviews and contact their case or is it just someone from the MoI?

I'm hoping to be called soon(it's been 16 months since NIA), but also want to have a holiday abroad for a couple of weeks soon.

You can Call MOI

โทร 0-2281-1224

0-2356-9584

1 hour ago, david143 said:

I think that was Married to Thai husband and Stateless kids, can you share link

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2562/D/038/T_0010.PDF

It has now been a year since my paperwork was sent to MOI Bangkok, so not sure what the time frame is. Mine is married to Thai, so would appear on one such as in the link. Very few non Asians and very few who live outside BKK.

11 minutes ago, cmsally said:

http://www.ratchakitcha.soc.go.th/DATA/PDF/2562/D/038/T_0010.PDF

It has now been a year since my paperwork was sent to MOI Bangkok, so not sure what the time frame is. Mine is married to Thai, so would appear on one such as in the link. Very few non Asians and very few who live outside BKK.

Thanks for link,.

Time Period starts when your documents send to MOI.
some candidates complaint that after NIA interview they don't know whats going on,
the fact is , time start once SB send documents to MOI , my NIA interview was in April 22 2562.
on 10 August SB officer send me Line and send the copy of My file that he already forward to MOI , now my time starts , normally we heard 18 to 22 months wait. So you need to start time from SB forward documents to MOI, not from NIA interview.

this is from SB officer words,

3 minutes ago, david143 said:

Thanks for link,.

Time Period starts when your documents send to MOI.
some candidates complaint that after NIA interview they don't know whats going on,
the face is time start once SB send documents to MOI , my NIA interview was in April 22 2562.
on 10 August SB officer send me Line and said the copy of My file that he already forward to MOI , now my time starts , normally we heard 18 to 22 months wait. So you need to start time from SB forward documents to MOI, not from NIA interview.

this is from SB officer words,

In that case it would be about 12 months for me. So I guess I have at least another 6 months to wait.

1 minute ago, cmsally said:

In that case it would be about 12 months for me. So I guess I have at least another 6 months to wait.

yes , 18 to 22 months are standard wait time. lets hope OCT - or NOV.

for me i still not reach 12 months, i am also expecting end of year OR next year starting.

Good luck

Let me guess: this demand came through a lawyer or some other intermediary, right?

The answer is NO, absolutely not: qualified individuals do not need to pay anyone off the be naturalized!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, NewlyMintedThai said:

Let me guess: this demand came through a lawyer or some other intermediary, right?

The answer is NO, absolutely not: qualified individuals do not need to pay anyone off the be naturalized!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

exactly i think, once you have Thai ID card, you don't need any lawyer anymore, just go straight for Passport.

2 hours ago, david143 said:

Time Period starts when your documents send to MOI [...] normally we heard 18 to 22 months wait.

Not by my calculation. From applicants who reported recently I have 14 months on average (this is an average, for the range I get [6-22] months). Funnily, I'm at 14 months exactly after my documents were sent, and waiting for MOI.

Now if you're right, one thing could explain that and it would be that several persons who reported the 5-9 months waiting time could actually be female applicants, while those who were on the 15-22 interval would be male applicants. Not sure about that but it's a possibility - aliases do not always tell who's behind. 

12 minutes ago, GabbaGabbaHey said:

Not by my calculation. From applicants who reported recently I have 14 months on average (this is an average, for the range I get [6-22] months). Funnily, I'm at 14 months exactly after my documents were sent, and waiting for MOI.

Now if you're right, one thing could explain that and it would be that several persons who reported the 5-9 months waiting time could actually be female applicants, while those who were on the 15-22 interval would be male applicants. Not sure about that but it's a possibility - aliases do not always tell who's behind. 

Female Applicants 4 to 9 Months,.

Male Applicants, 18 to 22 Months,.
you can see in RG every month Female Candidates name announced who are married to Thai husband.

Female applicants always get faster.

On 5/29/2019 at 9:13 AM, david143 said:

there was no Meeting Held in May 2019 until last friday.

So there was a meeting in May(on the 24th), and there has been every month this year, despite what some said about there not being because of the election and Coronation. Looks like things are going much faster than before, when many months are missed d due to budgets.

Good luck to all waiting. 

Has anyone phoned them to check where they are in the queue?

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

So there was a meeting in May(on the 24th), and there has been every month this year, despite what some said about there not being because of the election and Coronation. Looks like things are going much faster than before, when many months are missed d due to budgets.

no meeting was held on 24 May.
i don't know yet if today have meeting.
i already give you numbers of MOI .

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Yes my wife called a few days ago. They said based on the date SB submitted my docs to moi my interview would be this year. They did not look my name up just the date we gave them

1 hour ago, yankee99 said:

Yes my wife called a few days ago. They said based on the date SB submitted my docs to moi my interview would be this year. They did not look my name up just the date we gave them

Sorry bothering you

When your documents were send to MOI.

13 hours ago, david143 said:

no meeting was held on 24 May.

I attended the MOI interview on the 24th of May. There were about 30 or so applicants there of which 18 were applying under marriage to a Thai wife.

27 minutes ago, Barty said:

I attended the MOI interview on the 24th of May. There were about 30 or so applicants there of which 18 were applying under marriage to a Thai wife.

Do you have an idea of the date or month SB sent your application to MOI? 

Archived