Story Of My Thai Citizenship Application

1 hour ago, david143 said:

@ my amphur some ting tong he even don't know that people get citizenship in this way too.

they ask 7 days for verification

Same. Most didnt had a clue and we were given run-around. Cant fault them though as they were really "chirpy" and seemed excited to help / find out more. Finally landed at someone who had the knowledge but he needed time to do up paperwork or so he claimed. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, kst said:

Update 01 Sept - Collected cert today at SB then headed direct to district office. Given the "run-around" there until someone took up our case. Interviewed us and said will call us to come back again once he finished the paperwork (already 4pm after he verified docs etc). He says the next time will move to blue tabien baan and get blue ID same day. 

He said it would not take long, exchanged contact numbers and we were along our way. Keeping fingers crossed that not much more red tape to cut.. will update on progress along the way. 

same thing
Staff took my number and copy of Citizenship Certificate, as Certificate mentioned RG details name and Address.

I will wait until monday if they not call i will call them.
there are alot of things to do and i am not in mood to waste time.

• Like 1

Just now, yankee99 said:

forgot to mention when i was at both tesabaan and amphur they asked how much i paid for citizenship. Not sure why they cared but i told them the fee was around ฿5000

they not asked me, but in case they ask i am going to Daa nak maak, this is not their problem , how much we paid, 500THB receipt is already with Certificate,
verify the document and issue ID , and if you want to know how much ask MOI, not us,

the way they behave yesterday at Amphur i am already full of anger and if they not call until monday we are going to daa them really good.

Damn

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, david143 said:

they not asked me, but in case they ask i am going to Daa nak maak, this is not their problem , how much we paid, 500THB receipt is already with Certificate,
verify the document and issue ID , and if you want to know how much ask MOI, not us,

the way they behave yesterday at Amphur i am already full of anger and if they not call until monday we are going to daa them really good.

Damn

Hope this gets sorted out quickly for you. Looks like different Khet handle it all differently - was already warned about mine. So nearly one month since RG and still no sign of approval for 2nd Aug batch. Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, david143 said:

Damn

Which khet?

1 hour ago, DrJoy said:

Which khet?

Prakanong was really quite smooth for me, but then I think they have done quite a few as I have noted many names with addresses in this district announced in the Royal Gazette.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kst said:

Like most here who have been here a decade or more, I'm sure all of us have encountered some form of red tape / bureaucracy. 

Even the yearly extensions of visa / work permit is an example where we have to submit physical copies of docs (coming from where I come from, all data between government agencies are linked and all we have to do is just fill up a form online). However, the very reason why we embarked on this journey to get citizenship is because we now feel part of this society, and thus lets just embrace both the good & bad as we become "kon thai". 

Jai yen yen - I'm sure we will all get our Thai IDs. We are already 3-4 yrs in the process, whats another month? 

Good luck, stay calm and I'm sure everything will turn out smoothly in the end... 

Thank Big Brother

• Like 1

9 hours ago, khongaeng said:

I cancelled both my Visa and Work Permit the day after receiving my ID card.  It took 15 minutes to cancel the work permit, it's the same documentation that a company would use to say that a foreign worker has left their company.  No documents were required other than a couple of forms that were provided at the office.  

Cancelling my visa took 30 minutes (admittedly it went faster because I have developed friendships with some of the immigration officers in my province, and they were genuinely happy to see that I had received Thai citizenship.  I never paid any bribes or gave any gifts, I was just genuinely friendly every time I went in and after many years, they remembered me.  They wrote a half page note in my passport that my visa was cancelled because I had obtained Thai citizenship, but they did not stamp my visa or re-entry permit VOID. They needed my naturalization certificate, my blue ID card, and my previous nationality passport.  No forms or documents were required.

When I left Thailand for the first time on my Thai passport, I got an exit stamp without any questions from the officer in the VIP lane.

Big congratulations to all of you that will be getting your Shiny new Blue ID card in the coming weeks!

You were the one who had a long gap in your WP? 

I know the answer to the question already, probably, but it doesn't hurt to ask:

Is there a way for a farang fluent in Thai, married with a Thai national and with kids but not currently working here to get the citizenship? I have an income of over 100k a month but it's coming from rental properties abroad. Thanks

44 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

I know the answer to the question already, probably, but it doesn't hurt to ask:

Is there a way for a farang fluent in Thai, married with a Thai national and with kids but not currently working here to get the citizenship? I have an income of over 100k a month but it's coming from rental properties abroad. Thanks

No Thai WP, No Citizenship.

You may open a company and start paying yourself salary of 40,000 THB monthly for 3 years. Pay Thai tax on that income for 3 yrs.

After 3 yrs you will be eligible to apply.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

No Thai WP, No Citizenship.

You may open a company and start paying yourself salary of 40,000 THB monthly for 3 years. Pay Thai tax on that income for 3 yrs.

After 3 yrs you will be eligible to apply.

Thanks that's a good idea. I have to hire two Thais though, right?

10 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

I am not sure abt that, perhaps others can tell about company formation.

Your wife can open a company and hire you as an employee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacrimas said:

You will need 3 yrs of WP, 3 yrs of PND 91, 3 yrs of visa extension. Married legally with Thai for 3 yrs

Multiple entry visas dont count.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lacrimas said:

4 Thais but they will normally allow you to have just 1 or 2 in the first year of a new company. Some Labour offices may allow this for longer, particularly upcountry, but Bkk is usually quite strict. The Thai staff must be in the social security system which means your wife can’t be one, if she is a shareholder or director because they are not eligible for social security.

• Like 1

Interesting tidbit, was under the impression that all Thai ID numbers through naturalization start with an 8.

In the latest batches are some that start with 6. According to not-always-reliable Wikipedia those indeed are different categories... fat finger syndrome of the typist or what?

Anyone?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_identity_card

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-04 um 17.04.17.png

39 minutes ago, heiri007 said:

In the latest batches are some that start with 6. According to not-always-reliable Wikipedia those indeed are different categories... fat finger syndrome of the typist or what?

Those that start with a 6 have a yellow house book.

Those that have a 8 have permanent residency and are in a blue house book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1