Thailand reports daily record 967 new coronavirus infections

Jonathan Fairfield

Just now, Selatan said:

No, they didn't. The Chinese CDC director was referring to ways to increase efficacy of vaccines:

Chinese CDC director suggests adjusting interval, dosage, number of shots to boost vaccine efficacy

Yes according to the Global times propaganda which you believe. We're not in China so fortunately have freedom of press and no censorship in the west to stop us getting more credible sources, thanks anyway.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Do you live here in Thailand or elsewhere.  Thailand's way of dealing with this virus has always been to isolate a person in a hospital whether asymptomatic or symptomatic.  The other way they have dealt with it has been to place you in a field hospital and when symptoms showed up carted you off to the hospital.  The final way they dealt with it was to ring entire factories with barbed wire and lock all inside, just like they did with the migrant workers in Samut Sakhon.  It is done this way because in the early days of the virus spreading, folks that were asked to quarantine at home, think little ghosts as they are called, failed to follow the orders and then went out partying.  Thai people do not listen to orders or follow rules often, and the "I feel Fine" "What do you mean I can not go out" crowd will never be kept inside, and so mandatory hospitalization was enacted.  Think about all of those with little money who also share a 25 sqm apartment with 5 or 6 others, and rely on buying food from street vendors, and the local 7-11.  How would you isolate them in their home from the others and still get them the needed food.  Nice try Hoax, but the reality here is they are and will be hospitalized until this government decides to try again, but then those that live in crowded conditions must be separated to contain the spread.

amazing, if as you say, all these people ignored the quarantine when we have the virus, but even more amazing how so few people suffered any real symptoms and how very few have died from this " deadly" virus

So we have many more cases appearing around the country, of which the true numbers are unknown, yet no extra deaths, very few in ICU , yet people ruin the country, ruin the lives of millions and run scared from it, when in reality, you have a much greater chance of dying going to your local 7-11

• Sad 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Yes according to the Global times propaganda which you believe. We're not in China so fortunately have freedom of press and no censorship in the west to stop us getting more credible sources, thanks anyway.

I find Global Times to be more believable nowadays. It's my preference, and you can't do anything about it.

Press freedom also means license to lie too. The "might, could, would" which I often encounter in Western news were often considered as "facts". So, don't make me laugh about your so-called "press freedom".

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Screenshot_15.jpg.cc7ba872e841a8d5f155fcb34e2bb5b6.jpg

The Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) has received 1 million doses of Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine from China on Saturday.

GPO Director Dr Withoon Danwiboon said this vaccine is the third lot from a total of 2 million doses that the GPO has purchased from Sinovac Life Sciences Co Ltd from China.

At the end of April, another lot of 500,000 doses of Sinovac vaccine will arrive. They are a part of the additional vaccines that the GPO has ordered to complement the Ministry of Public Health’s plan to inoculate target groups who are at high risk of contracting Covid-19.

only another 24 million need then

At this rate it will be many years before they get round to vaccinating everyone, and what's the life of the vaccine, 6 months ?

It would appear that this "deadly" virus is not so deadly to the Thai people , with only 97 ? deaths in over 1 year, yet many thousands of infected people  , the true number of which is unknown

12 minutes ago, Selatan said:

I find Global Times to be more believable nowadays. It's my preference, and you can't do anything about it.

LOL, I'm not trying to. I'll let you believe what you want. Calm down and enjoy reading about how well they look after the Uighurs in Xinjiang

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Haha 2

The MoPH released this updated map Sunday showing in red the provinces that have had recent CV cases reported:

According to the chart, 70 provinces (in red) have had some CV infections reported in the past three days. The 4 green areas are provinces with infections only more than 7 days prior. And the hard to find white areas are the last 3 provinces (looks like mostly in the deep south) that haven't had any officially reported CV cases.

4-11-21o.jpg.8c096627f9c70c69a8197536384d4b50.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thaimoph/posts/284886633121247

Edited by onthedarkside
text corrected

18 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

amazing, if as you say, all these people ignored the quarantine when we have the virus, but even more amazing how so few people suffered any real symptoms and how very few have died from this " deadly" virus

So we have many more cases appearing around the country, of which the true numbers are unknown, yet no extra deaths, very few in ICU , yet people ruin the country, ruin the lives of millions and run scared from it, when in reality, you have a much greater chance of dying going to your local 7-11

See Europe and Americas for ASKING people to stay at home with the virus but little symptoms. Doesn't happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The MoPH released this updated map Sunday showing in red the provinces that have had recent CV cases reported:

According to the chart, 70 provinces (in red) have had some CV infections reported in the past three days. The 4 green areas are provinces with infections only more than 7 days prior. And the hard to find white areas are the last 3 provinces that haven't had any officially reported CV cases.

Where are the green zones ?

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No mysteries and no special treatment. 

Deaths always lag behind new cases. We are some weeks away from seeing deaths related to this spike.

Also age of the infected is a factor. The patients in Thailand are on the whole younger than those in the West.

Sheryl, are you implying that the greater number of positive PCR tests mentioned in the OP are going to lead to an increase in deaths?

How close do you think the correlation will be? How concerned should we be about the number of Thailand cases reported in the OP?

Do you think that the results in Thailand will be significantly different from those found in other countries where we have clear data from a larger number of positive cases and recorded deaths? I can’t see this happening. Please take a look at this chart for example (the source is printed) showing daily PCR/Antigen confirmed Covid-19 cases and deaths in the USA:

image.png.924c5c7770f50e0d1e458f152065c4da.png

As you can see from the regression lines, in the USA there hasn’t been any causality or correlation between the number of positive test cases and actual deaths over time. In fact the only real correlation that can be shown is that the more testing that is undertaken, the greater the number of positive cases are found. I believe this is what we are seeing in Thailand too. As the OP states, there have been a lot more positive cases recently but no more deaths and only 97 in total to date.

For explanations about this we have to delve into the known inadequacies of PCR tests themselves, which even the WHO have been forced to admit now after a spate of law suits, but I won’t go into that here.

11 hours ago, anchadian said:

Yes, a good question.

What is the recommended procedure in Thai hospitals or is this something they wont reveal to the media?

Recommended pneumonia is on the death cert ????

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

It's a bit more than 100,000 it's closer to 400,000

The current number COVID vaccines administered in Thailand has now exceeded 550,000 doses... But that's still less than 1% of the population, and the vast majority of those are first shot only thus far.

Screenshot_16.jpg.b14747a09a31de6afe3025a220350690.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10157943061392050

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

The current number COVID vaccines administered in Thailand has now exceeded 550,000 doses... But that's still less than 1% of the population, and the vast majority of those are first shot only thus far.

Is anyone really hopefull on the promised 10 million shots administered per month from June. I bet they regret saying that already.

3 minutes ago, onthedarkside said:

Is anyone really hopefull on the promised 10 million shots administered per month from June. I bet they regret saying that already.

50 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

According to the chart, 70 provinces (in red) have had some CV infections reported in the past three days. The 4 green areas are provinces with infections only more than 7 days prior. And the hard to find white areas are the last 3 provinces (looks like mostly in the deep south) that haven't had any officially reported CV cases in the past week.

1) "The 4 green areas are provinces with infections only more than 7 days prior."

2) "And the white areas are 3 provinces that haven't had any officially reported CV cases in the past week."

From your explanation I find it difficult to tell the difference between the green and white!

56 minutes ago, AnnieSeek said:

Where are the green zones ?

You really gotta get out the magnifying glass to spot them.

To my eyes, it looks like two central zone provinces, and two in the south.

That particular map from MoPH doesn't list those four provinces by name.

12 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

1) "The 4 green areas are provinces with infections only more than 7 days prior."

2) "And the white areas are 3 provinces that haven't had any officially reported CV cases in the past week."

From your explanation I find it difficult to tell the difference between the green and white!

ya, I was struggling with the translation of the chart, and may have erred in my original description. The white provinces may be those that haven't had any COVID cases period.

I don't read Thai, and am having to rely on Google Translate. Especially on the weekends, relatively little of the information put out by the MoPH and other Thai government agencies re the coronavirus is in English language.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

ya, I was struggling with the translation of the chart, and may have erred in my original description. The white provinces may be those that haven't had any COVID cases period. I don't read Thai, and am having to rely on Google Translate.

Yes I think that the white provinces have been COVID free.

You are doing a great job there. 

Thank you!

Sorry to interrupt.

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You really gotta get out the magnifying glass to spot them.

To my eyes, it looks like two central zone provinces, and two in the south.

That particular map from MoPH doesn't list those four provinces by name.

The southern green zones are Ranong and Satun.

The other ones are Singburi and Kalasin.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

The southern green zones are Ranong and Satun.

The other ones are Singburi and Kalasin.

MoPH has a list in TH that tracks daily cases by province back to April 1.

In addition to the above, according to that list, four provinces had their first and only case reported on Saturday during the April period: Phichit, Surin, Mukdahan and Nakhon Phanom.

And three more had their first and only case during April reported on Sunday:

Trang, Sisaket and Bueng Kan.

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/303926324559032/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

MoPH has a list in TH that tracks daily cases by province back to April 1.

According to that list, four provinces had their first and only case reported on Saturday during the April period: Phichit, Surin, Mukdahan and Nakhon Phanom.

And three more had their first and only case during April reported on Sunday:

Trang, Sisaket and Bueng Kan.

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/303926324559032/

I am not sure of the relevance between your post and mine?

They are complimentary not mutually exclusive!

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The "news" was in the news report quoted in the post you were replying to.

The Thai virology expert is saying the strain circulating in TH now matches 100% with the strain now circulating in Cambodia, which is different to some extent from the original UK strain... so he says.

I don't know if any of us can conclusively confirm that (articles aren't always right), but it's kind of irrelevant anyways.

They've had Draconian measures to prevent the spread of the virus from western countries, like the quarantines in ASQ, for almost a year... So any new outbreak has to be due to thais and cheap labor traveling between Thailand and other South East Asian countries. There is no other possible explanation.

So basically it's been like...

A storm is coming. Let's bold the front door and nail it to the frame but let's also keep all the windows open so we still get some air circulation...

In reality more like

We are hi-so thais and we don't need foreigners. Let's tax the heck out of the few idiots who still want to come.

But we are hi-so thais, and we need our cheap labor from neighboring countries... and we love our parties ????

Like I said in another thread, it's madness to even considering traveling to Thailand now (Unless we have strong reasons to, like having family or a girlfriend in the country)... can you imagine somebody getting out of quarantine now to enjoy a country possibly going into lockdown etc... ?

Still, the government has been pretty disgraceful throughout the crisis. I think this could be a tipping point for me... I seriously doubt I will ever go back to Thailand at all. Tired of the endemic corruption and the rampant incompetence that rule the country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand on Sunday reported 967 new coronavirus cases, the biggest one day jump, as the country deals with a third wave of infections.

Try doing the maths again.There was a 230 increase between 9th and 10th and 178 increase between 10th and 11th.

8 hours ago, Antonymous said:

Sheryl, are you implying that the greater number of positive PCR tests mentioned in the OP are going to lead to an increase in deaths?

How close do you think the correlation will be? How concerned should we be about the number of Thailand cases reported in the OP?

Do you think that the results in Thailand will be significantly different from those found in other countries where we have clear data from a larger number of positive cases and recorded deaths? I can’t see this happening. Please take a look at this chart for example (the source is printed) showing daily PCR/Antigen confirmed Covid-19 cases and deaths in the USA:

image.png.924c5c7770f50e0d1e458f152065c4da.png

As you can see from the regression lines, in the USA there hasn’t been any causality or correlation between the number of positive test cases and actual deaths over time. In fact the only real correlation that can be shown is that the more testing that is undertaken, the greater the number of positive cases are found. I believe this is what we are seeing in Thailand too. As the OP states, there have been a lot more positive cases recently but no more deaths and only 97 in total to date.

For explanations about this we have to delve into the known inadequacies of PCR tests themselves, which even the WHO have been forced to admit now after a spate of law suits, but I won’t go into that here.

"As you can see from the regression lines, in the USA there hasn’t been any causality or correlation between the number of positive test cases and actual deaths over time."

False statement using a deceptive image.  Here is the same data from the same graph on a scale that allows readers to see the clear  relationship between death and cases. It is also easy to see the delay between cases and deaths, as it should be.

image.png.4b43e8ccd30450da98e2367034b00d2b.png

• Like 1