Thailand reports daily record 967 new coronavirus infections

Jonathan Fairfield

On 4/14/2021 at 7:28 AM, Artisi said:

Did you read the post to which this throw-away comment was referring to, oh! you didn't - never mind. As for your comment re cancer, a link or two to some scientific study on the matter would be appreciated. 

Find your own...its common knowledge that some of the fish based and fermented products in somntam cause cancer and has been for years. But for sure THERE IS NO RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN COVID 19 IMMUNITY AND SOM TAM. That was just a silly joke.

22 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

To stop snot and sweat dripping into open incisions.They are not designed to stop viral spread which is why they don't help much in that regard. 2700 health workers in Victoria Oz got infected whilst wearing masks.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/appalling-government-blamed-as-almost-2700-health-workers-contract-covid-19-20200825-p55p57.html

Masks certainly do stop some viral and bactrial transmission as those particles travel on droplets - many of which are larger than the mesh hole size of masks. If covid was mainly spread via airborne transmission (masks won't do much to stop this) - like measles, the rates of infection would be much higher. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 11:54 AM, Naguu said:

I can already hear music from thousands of wats that invites people to celebrate.  This is not going to end well. 

That's what I said in Kansas (parties, not wats) & now the country's total cases are 32 million.  Disappointing to find this here, though imo best to be detached (think about other things, too).

On 4/15/2021 at 1:25 AM, bradiston said:

It was meant as a joke but never mind. You've completely missed the point yourself. This thread has covered a lot of topics in its 13 pages. My comment was about the efficacy of masks in preventing the spread of the virus through waterborn droplets. I stand by that as a valid comment.

55555555 very funny doctor 

7 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

We will never get there ever because the virus will be around for years to come like the flu . So get used to it . And calling people idiots now and looking like one in the future because your the only one wearing one because you think these masks are holy . Sorry no offence but it's a bit hysteria . Again FYI i do wear one i just don't believe in them . 

Okay, the scientific consensus is that face masks reduce new infections. 

Some anonymous guy on the internet says they don't. 

Tough decision...... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Okay, the scientific consensus is that face masks reduce new infections. 

Some anonymous guy on the internet says they don't. 

Tough decision...... 

Some scientists say they do work some say they don't that's called a discusion so some people on here say they do work some say they don't . Wow looks like a forum that we are reacting on . So what's your tough decision ??? Getting up in the morning and believing that everybody thinks the same as you ?? Let me help you out here , not everybody thinks and does the same . 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 9:50 AM, The Hammer2021 said:

Find your own...its common knowledge that some of the fish based and fermented products in somntam cause cancer and has been for years. But for sure THERE IS NO RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN COVID 19 IMMUNITY AND SOM TAM. That was just a silly joke.

Wow! you must be the life of any party you are unfortunately invited to attend. 

As for the comments, " common knowledge and re find your own" 

tell me you know absolutely nothing about what you are saying? 

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Some scientists say they do work some say they don't that's called a discusion so some people on here say they do work some say they don't . Wow looks like a forum that we are reacting on . So what's your tough decision ??? Getting up in the morning and believing that everybody thinks the same as you ?? Let me help you out here , not everybody thinks and does the same . 

The scientific consensus is that face masks are effective in preventing new infections. That is why politicians grudgingly follow their advice.

Your internet friends tell you that it’s not the scientific consensus, on the basis of off hand remarks by a few scientists and some blatant forgeries of CDC documents.

Here’s a hint: your sources are lying to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alotoftravel said:

Are the private hospitals used to house the Covid patients too besides the  public hospitals and field hospitals, I heard they are advising affected patients to stay at house due to no availability of beds ?

Private hospitals are currently housing COVID-19 patients.

13 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:
17 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Sunlight? Vitamin D? Hydroxychloroquine? Ivermectin?

I hope you are joking. All of these have been discarded by clinical trials.

Monoclonal antibodies seem to be effective.

I didn't realise Ivermectin has been "discarded".

The amount of data supporting the efficacy of ivermectin is irrefutable. The British Ivermectin Recommendation Development Panel, following World Health Organization guidelines for meta-analysis of data, has recommended its use both to prevent and treat COVID-19. In so doing, they followed evidence that included seven controlled trials on over 2,600 patients to conclude that ivermectin both reduces the risk of infection and the risk of bad outcomes for those who get infected.

https://bit.ly/3mVHDfF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Monoclonal antibodies seem to be effective.

Yes, they do seem to be. But your own antibodies protect you too. If you've had the virus and recovered - which I think I have - then you already have your own natural antibodies in your blood. So why have yourself injected with a "vaccine" which re-stimulates your immune system? 

A couple of questions that I would love to get an answer to:

Is there a test for these natural antibodies and how much does it cost?

More importantly, if you can prove you have the antibodies, does that excuse you from having the vaccine?

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The scientific consensus is that face masks are effective in preventing new infections. That is why politicians grudgingly follow their advice.

Your internet friends tell you that it’s not the scientific consensus, on the basis of off hand remarks by a few scientists and some blatant forgeries of CDC documents.

Here’s a hint: your sources are lying to you.

It looks like you are one of my sources too bringing this kind of news ???? could you be lying ?? All those politicians are wearing them when on screen or being photographed but when they get caught on lens not wearing one always having excuses and all YOUR scientific consensus have the same degrees as the ones that say the masks don't work . 9 out of 10 masks don't even close of 100% so you really think it works up too you . You and I are never going to agree on this topic so enjoy your day and find someone else to quote ???? maybe we will agree on some other topics in the future but this one is useless . 

• Like 1

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

It looks like you are one of my sources too bringing this kind of news ???? could you be lying ?? All those politicians are wearing them when on screen or being photographed but when they get caught on lens not wearing one always having excuses and all YOUR scientific consensus have the same degrees as the ones that say the masks don't work . 9 out of 10 masks don't even close of 100% so you really think it works up too you . You and I are never going to agree on this topic so enjoy your day and find someone else to quote ???? maybe we will agree on some other topics in the future but this one is useless . 

And those politicians have to wear them if they want everybody to wear them otherwise that would be a pathetic example for the masses wouldn't it ?? Whatever they believe for themselfs they have no choice . 

21 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

And those politicians have to wear them if they want everybody to wear them otherwise that would be a pathetic example for the masses wouldn't it ?? Whatever they believe for themselfs they have no choice . 

Most are a pathetic example at their best, but you are correct they need to wear them as an example. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Yes, they do seem to be. But your own antibodies protect you too. If you've had the virus and recovered - which I think I have - then you already have your own natural antibodies in your blood. So why have yourself injected with a "vaccine" which re-stimulates your immune system? 

A couple of questions that I would love to get an answer to:

Is there a test for these natural antibodies and how much does it cost?

More importantly, if you can prove you have the antibodies, does that excuse you from having the vaccine?

Of course there is a test for natural antibodies. I thought I had had Covid19 early on, went in for an antibody test, and it was negative.

The bummer is that natural antibodies disappear after a few months.

Even a vaccine may lose effectiveness after a year.

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Isn't Google great? You can find whatever you want:

Here, we show that countries with routine mass drug administration of prophylactic chemotherapy including ivermectin have a significantly lower incidence of COVID-19

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7698683/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924857920304684

https://www.pharmacymagazine.co.uk/ivermectin-for-covid-19-a-cheap-drug-with-a-remarkable-effect

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Of course there is a test for natural antibodies. I thought I had had Covid19 early on, went in for an antibody test, and it was negative.

Can you give some details? e.g. where was the test done (Thailand/Europe), type of clinic/hospital, cost? 

More importantly, was there any risk that you could be taken away to a covid-19 quarantine building if you were found positive?

3 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

The first 2 links are about the same study, which merely notes that African countries that use ivermectin as a prophylactic have lower infection rates than Europe. No suggestion that the lower rates are due to lower testing levels. At any rate, the authors admit a lack of correlation and suggest that more study is required.

The third link is to an opinion piece.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JetsetBkk said:

Can you give some details? e.g. where was the test done (Thailand/Europe), type of clinic/hospital, cost? 

More importantly, was there any risk that you could be taken away to a covid-19 quarantine building if you were found positive?

I had my antibody test in Mexico, at a clinic.

There are no quarantine buildings in Mexico.

17 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

For antibody test thats the Rapid Covid-19 test that tests the blood, most private hospitals that provide PCR testing will also provide this, just need to Google it for your area. If you're found to produce anti bodies then they would probably tell you to also take the PCR test to see if you have it now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

For antibody test thats the Rapid Covid-19 test that tests the blood, most private hospitals that provide PCR testing will also provide this, just need to Google it for your area. If you're found to produce anti bodies then they would probably tell you to also take the PCR test to see if you have it now.

I am not sure if a rapid Covid19 test is an antibody test or an antigen test.

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am not sure if a rapid Covid19 test is an antibody test or an antigen test.

Not sure to be honest, both terms seem to be used here in the hospitals? This is where I got the info.

At Be Well Medical Center, we currently do the Rapid Covid-19 test.  This is a blood test to show whether you have Covid-19 antibodies.

https://bewell.co.th/covid-2/

https://www.bumrungrad.com/lab-service-guide/labs/sars-cov-2-(covid-19)-igg-igm-antibody,-rapid-test

• Like 1

"1000 and no talk of lock downs.   I think the most important time for Thailand is from October until February, high season for the falang and everyone else.

lock it down.  one month.  better safe than sorry.  i don't mean close all the businesses, just ban inter-provincial travel and keep the hot spots from spreading."

As I posted before, several states in the US did NOT lock-down and mandate mask...in turn, they were the states least affected by the virus! Many countries also decided NOT to mandate mask and have a lock-down. Those countries were not nearly as affected by the virus. Those states and countries were not near as affected by loss of revenue either. People are losing their homes, their business, their cars. their jobs over a virus that has over a 98% recovery....IF YOU GET IT! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what should be done!

• Sad 1