Thailand reports daily record 967 new coronavirus infections

Jonathan Fairfield

On 4/11/2021 at 2:36 PM, bradiston said:

Huh? I'm from Trad. Rainy season is normally June to October, but can vary. "High" season, November to March roughly. It's raining now in Pattaya and has been on and off for a week or two.

Andaman coast.
Check on the opposite side of your coast, in the Gulf of Thailand - totally different seasons, like I said.

Edited by robsamui

On 4/11/2021 at 11:33 AM, AlfHuy said:

Soon restaurants and massage shops closed again,  IMO

Correct . 

As far as i am concerned , also ban the sale of beer . IMO ..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/11/2021 at 6:40 PM, Pilotman said:

No I'm not and it irritates me to see it.  My previous post of 'good' seems to have split opinion nicely.  Tourists here are an irritant and a menace, especially the Chinese ones, so I will not be happy to see them back any time soon, albeit that in previous years I was one of them.   That's got nothing to do with the virus. 

Bkktodd you do know that the particles of the virus are smaller then the holes in the masks right ?? And if you look into it you will find out that wearing masks is more bad then good for your health . Maybe it helps with the bad air quality but it sure doesn't with the virus . If you don't believe me look in to it , it is proven by many experts (no not expats) experts .

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, VBF said:

Actually, I was responding to what you said which was ......

"When you check in at the hospital they will treat you, there is no need to know beforehand which medicines are recommended or arrive with your own checklist to double-check them. "       My emphasis

Hence my "Yes there is" response, as I'd rather have an idea before going to a particular hospital, if circumstances allow for it.

But you can understand that there is not a 1-treatment-plan that fits all right?

Therefore it is impossible to know beforehand what treatment will be like, as it needs to be adjusted to your personal situation!

One cannot simply state you will get certain medicines, at certain dosage, for a certain period of time as the choice of medicine and dosages need to be weighted against the possible risk for your personally. And the duration of the treatment will depend on how your body reacts to the treatment. And the risks depend on your age, health conditions, weight, etc. 

You go to the hospital, you get checked out by a doctor, and THEN YOU DISCUSS YOUR TREATMENT PLAN.

Or if you want to really know it beforehand: go to a doctor, put the hypothetical situation that you get covid before them, and ask what treatment in your case would be. Then pay their fees. Its as simple as that. Let us know what the doctor said, as circumstances now allow for it and you want to know this before you possibly get covid. Or, just keep it at talking online and do nothing, because actually going to a doctor and paying medical fees is harder than just talking here. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Bkktodd you do know that the particles of the virus are smaller then the holes in the masks right ?? And if you look into it you will find out that wearing masks is more bad then good for your health . Maybe it helps with the bad air quality but it sure doesn't with the virus . If you don't believe me look in to it , it is proven by many experts (no not expats) experts .

Do you know that most virus particles are carried in the air in clumps on saliva? And masks are very effective at stopping their passage. Isolate particles floating alone in the air don't pose much of a threat. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Do you know that most virus particles are carried in the air in clumps on saliva? And masks are very effective at stopping their passage. Isolate particles floating alone in the air don't pose much of a threat. 

That's why i said look into it . I'm not an expert , this is what experts say and it's proven . Don't shoot the messenger . 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If you can't back up your own statements, don't ask others to do it for you.

I didn't , i told them to look it up and after that they can think of it what they want . So can you . I can back up every statement i make , can you ?? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

That doesn't matter one iota.  Its a  social requirement world wide and so , especially as a guest in someone else's country,  you abide by it and keep your so called scientific opinions to yourself.  That is not only the legal thing to do, it is  the sociably responsible  thing to do, which is why I call out any unthinking farang I see without a mask in a confined space, such as a supermarket, or wearing it under their chin like some kind of stupid cravat. 

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I didn't , i told them to look it up and after that they can think of it what they want . So can you . I can back up every statement i make , can you ?? 

its immaterial what you think, you are not the law maker, or the virus guru. I don't like masks, they make me feel uncomfortable and claustrophobic, but I abide by the rules, as you and everyone else should.  Get used to it; it may never end. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

That doesn't matter one iota.  Its a  social requirement world wide and so , especially as a guest in someone else's country,  you abide by it and keep your so called scientific opinions to yourself.  That is not only the legal thing to do, it is  the sociably responsible  thing to do, which is why I call out any unthinking farang I see without a mask in a confined space, such as a supermarket, or wearing it under their chin like some kind of stupid cravat. 

I never said i wasn't wearing one so if you see me sorry you will not get the chance to calk me a cravat . I do the responsible thing and wear one but that's not my point . My point is to point out that the masks don't realy do what they supposed to and that's keeping the virus out of your system . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

its immaterial what you think, you are not the law maker, or the virus guru. I don't like masks, they make me feel uncomfortable and claustrophobic, but I abide by the rules, as you and everyone else should.  Get used to it; it may never end. 

Again i wear my mask wherever they are telling me to but if i don't need to i will not wear it . I geuss you see people all alone in their car wearing their mask , C'mon . And it may never end , damn your a doomsthinker hope you get thru this period well and healthy . Did you dug your atomshelter already ?? Your house must be full of toilet paper and canned foods 55555

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I never said i wasn't wearing one so if you see me sorry you will not get the chance to calk me a cravat . I do the responsible thing and wear one but that's not my point . My point is to point out that the masks don't realy do what they supposed to and that's keeping the virus out of your system . 

Ignoring for a moment that it is far from universally held that masks do not cut down on transmission,  your 'point', as you put it is irrelevant and people are using such reports and opinions on public forums, U Tube, other social media, as an excuse to flout the law, thereby putting others in danger of catching the virus. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

Again i wear my mask wherever they are telling me to but if i don't need to i will not wear it . I geuss you see people all alone in their car wearing their mask , C'mon . And it may never end , damn your a doomsthinker hope you get thru this period well and healthy . Did you dug your atomshelter already ?? Your house must be full of toilet paper and canned foods 55555

no need for insults, unless you are losing the argument. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pilotman said:

Ignoring for a moment that it is far from universally held that masks do not cut down on transmission,  your 'point', as you put it is irrelevant and people are using such reports and opinions on public forums, U Tube, other social media, as an excuse to flout the law, thereby putting others in danger of catching the virus. 

Maybe their treu ??? Ever thought of that ?? Or you do everything everybody tells you ?? 

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

Maybe their treu ??? Ever thought of that ?? Or you do everything everybody tells you ?? 

I follow the law, as should everyone. This is not 'advice' that is open to personal interpretation. 

2 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

But you can understand that there is not a 1-treatment-plan that fits all right?

Therefore it is impossible to know beforehand what treatment will be like, as it needs to be adjusted to your personal situation!

One cannot simply state you will get certain medicines, at certain dosage, for a certain period of time as the choice of medicine and dosages need to be weighted against the possible risk for your personally. And the duration of the treatment will depend on how your body reacts to the treatment. And the risks depend on your age, health conditions, weight, etc. 

You go to the hospital, you get checked out by a doctor, and THEN YOU DISCUSS YOUR TREATMENT PLAN.

Or if you want to really know it beforehand: go to a doctor, put the hypothetical situation that you get covid before them, and ask what treatment in your case would be. Then pay their fees. Its as simple as that. Let us know what the doctor said, as circumstances now allow for it and you want to know this before you possibly get covid. Or, just keep it at talking online and do nothing, because actually going to a doctor and paying medical fees is harder than just talking here. 

You're being ridiculous and reading additional meanings into my words - the whole question is hypothetical unless and until one needs treatment for Covid or whatever other ailment.

I merely pointed out that everyone has the right to know what drugs are being injected into them.  (unless its a dire emergency, when you have to trust in professionals - note my comment "if circumstances allow for it.") Obviously the meds have to be prescribed before you know what they are, but at that point you don't just blindly take meds because a doctor prescribes them, you ask questions and challenge the reasoning, or get a second opinion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

I think you mentioned the eastern seaboard.

No, I've been talking all the way through about Thailand. 

We have 'coasts' here - not sea boards - the "east coast".

On 4/11/2021 at 4:33 PM, AlfHuy said:

Soon restaurants and massage shops closed again,  IMO

My friends wife shut down their restaurant which does really well,in the  northeast as they don’t know where the customers are coming from at present.

1 hour ago, VBF said:

You're being ridiculous and reading additional meanings into my words - the whole question is hypothetical unless and until one needs treatment for Covid or whatever other ailment.

I merely pointed out that everyone has the right to know what drugs are being injected into them.  (unless its a dire emergency, when you have to trust in professionals - note my comment "if circumstances allow for it.") Obviously the meds have to be prescribed before you know what they are, but at that point you don't just blindly take meds because a doctor prescribes them, you ask questions and challenge the reasoning, or get a second opinion.

Google Dr Sircus’s latest report,really well researched And an eye opener 

• Thanks 1

On 4/11/2021 at 11:36 AM, Saltire said:

What I would like to know is, what, after a year of treating patients with symptoms, is the recommended procedure when admitted to hospital? Very few seem to be dying despite the rising numbers.

Are doctors on top of this now after all the hit-and-miss earlier efforts of malarial drugs, on your back or on your stomach in a ventilator and all the other drugs used in the early days. What actually works? Surely after this length of time, variant-permitting, hospitals are better prepared, and not just in Thailand.

Never see any reports on current treatment.

Yes..

Vaccines help enormously