Fine For Not Wearing a Mask Outside

My girlfriend just read on Facebook that farangs will be fined 30k baht for not wearing a mask when outside.  She said they were encouraging Thais to photograph them and report it to the police.  Does anyone know if this is true???  I run every afternoon and in this heat I would probably have a heart attack wearing a mask.  It's hard enough to breathe without one.

It´s 20k max. Start tomorrow. And that´s for everyone. And I think that´s good. Run on a beach or in the jungle. Always wondered why Farangs come to the perfect out door island and run on that streets   

• Like 1

"Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has issued a provincial order making it illegal to not wear a face mask in a public area. The penalty for breach of the order is a fine of up to B20,000 or may even include a jail term, the order warned"

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-under-face-mask-order-b20k-fine-78579.php

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

"Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has issued a provincial order making it illegal to not wear a face mask in a public area. The penalty for breach of the order is a fine of up to B20,000 or may even include a jail term, the order warned"

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-under-face-mask-order-b20k-fine-78579.php

Ouch is all I can say. How many thais can afford to take that kind of a hit.

1 hour ago, parallaxtech said:

My girlfriend just read on Facebook that farangs will be fined 30k baht for not wearing a mask when outside.  She said they were encouraging Thais to photograph them and report it to the police.

False, but you can be fined up to 20,000 baht from tomorrow (20th April) if not wearing a mask when outside of your home in Surat Thani province.

Kan være et billede af en eller flere personer og tekst, der siger "ANNOUNCEMENT FROM SURAT THANI ON 19/04/21 Effective from April 20, 2021 Not wearing a mask when going out from home, fine for not exceeding than 20,000 THB SAMUI INFO By NICHA"

Ingen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.

Ingen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.

Kan være et billede af tekst

Only Thailand where the police, who the Thai public by and large hate, could they ask the public to inform on foreigners not wearing masks......and some of them will gladly!

And then next year, with their thumb up their backside, they will be wondering why the foreigners have binned their country and are going to friendlier places.

Amazing Thailand ????????

• Like 1