Thailand says Russia agrees to supply Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Pattaya mayor recently announced no mass vaccinations until October. Big difference!

Actually yes I think you're correct, its available around June for the second phase but that does not include farangs, its the third phase that includes us so yes maybe Oct?

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Actually yes I think you're correct, its available around June for the second phase but that does not include farangs, its the third phase that includes us so yes maybe Oct?

That's not what he said dude!

He said October is when it starts. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

That's not what he said dude!

He said October is when it starts. 

I live in Phuket so maybe different here

"Officials confirmed yesterday that expats in Phuket will be included and receive Covid-19 vaccines as part of the Thai government’s vaccination scheme. The Phuket Communicable Disease Committee enacts all Coronavirus policy locally, and an important member, Dr Chalermpong of Vachira Phuket Hospital, announced today that foreigners will also receive the Covid vaccines. A new online form launched today and Phuket’s Vice Governor advised that initial appointments will be made online only and requested people without online access to be patient and not walk into hospitals.

Phuket will receive the Sinovac vaccines this month, and AstraZeneca doses as well, suitable for those over 60 years of age, in June."

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/confirmed-expats-in-phuket-will-receive-covid-19-vaccines

Edited by Bkk Brian

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I live in Phuket so maybe different here

"Officials confirmed yesterday that expats in Phuket will be included and receive Covid-19 vaccines as part of the Thai government’s vaccination scheme. The Phuket Communicable Disease Committee enacts all Coronavirus policy locally, and an important member, Dr Chalermpong of Vachira Phuket Hospital, announced today that foreigners will also receive the Covid vaccines. A new online form launched today and Phuket’s Vice Governor advised that initial appointments will be made online only and requested people without online access to be patient and not walk into hospitals.

Phuket will receive the Sinovac vaccines this month, and AstraZeneca doses as well, suitable for those over 60 years of age, in June."

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/confirmed-expats-in-phuket-will-receive-covid-19-vaccines

That's right. It is different there.

3 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

It seems, you missed my post before that ...

Many are afraid of “asymptomatic” infections with SARS-CoV2,

and the studies, I mentioned above, estimate the number of global infections to be 1.5 - 2.0 billion.

Add in to that: the mostly non severe effects among the younger cohorts below 65 (and IFR 0.05% for those below 70).

That means:

Despite being untreated, many do NOT fall fatally ill !

BTW, your:

“... course of medication, especially if treatment is started early. The same can't be said for CoVid-19.”

Sorry, but that’s just utterly wrong, we aren’t anymore in March 2020.

Do your homework!

Just reading Twitter posts, listening to TV and newspaper headlines  is for sure easier ... but: Don’t rely on journalists, who have zero knowledge...

Even with Google, you can easily find by yourself enough studies and treatment schemes.

However, that might need some decisiveness to really do it and some concentration to understand it.

But with the wealth of information, nowadays easily accessible in the internet (even despite the filtering by BigTech like Google and YouTube), it should be manageable for every adult to make up his own mind and find out enough about it.

Especially, if due to his personal, specific circumstances, someone is afraid of Covid, that should be a no-brainer.

(I have preconditions, by the way,  - that’s why I decided to dig deeper on my own, instead of only listening to TV and mainstream newspapers.)

It's hard to understand your point, but I gather that it is:

Lots of uninfected people are asymptomatic, and

There are cures for Covid-19. I suspect you are referring to fake cures such as HCQ, Ivermectin or Forsythia.

One thing to understand about asymptomatic cases, they can still spread the virus, and many incur permanent lung damage. If you are not afraid of catching Covid-19, it's because you are misinformed. I should also mention that the more infected, the higher the chances of mutations that may not be so benign for most people.

Edited by Danderman123

A post providing a graph but no link to the source has been removed. 

Please post a link to the actual source of information that is being presented as factual such as tables and graphs.

Some baiting and bickering troll posts have been removed.

A post with link to a foreign language social media site has been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

Edited by metisdead

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes I'm aware, propaganda back politics with no study behind it, its shameful. If Russia wants Sputnik accepted worldwide it should not resort to this but just let it speak for itself on its own merit, there's no need for this at all

It takes months for a political statement to appear in the form of scientific papers. And it also takes the same period of time for a virus to get a new mutation. So any data studied are outdated already.

Just now, Blumpie said:

So if you had to pick your vaccine, either China's or Russia's, what would you take?

I'd be more inclined to take the Russian one - I have heard some good things about it.  The chinese one, next to nothing.

Me too, but my point above is regards unverified mis information on death rankings for covid vaccines, its unethical and sick

Just now, friendofthai said:

It takes months for a political statement to appear in the form of scientific papers. And it also takes the same period of time for a virus to get a new mutation. So any data studied are outdated already.

Its the otherway round, you do the study first then you can make claims

The blog its linked to is a spam blog, take a look at another conspiracy article

Geert Vanden Bossche, former virologist of Bill Gates “stop all mass vaccination campaigns against covid-19”

https://ugolini.co.th/ugolini/geert-vanden-bossche-former-virologist-of-bill-gates-stop-all-mass-vaccination-campaigns-against-covid-19/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Me too, but my point above is regards unverified mis information on death rankings for covid vaccines, its unethical and sick

It really is a personal choice.

I am very sorry but I just don't trust anything health care wise coming out of China yet.  I'm frightened of things from India but the regulating oversight is third party and ratings come from world standards.  

In China, who knows?  It could be ok, but one can never really be sure.  Just my opinion and just curious about how others feel.  

Its the otherway round, you do the study first then you can make claims

The blog its linked to is a spam blog, take a look at another conspiracy article

Geert Vanden Bossche, former virologist of Bill Gates “stop all mass vaccination campaigns against covid-19”

https://ugolini.co.th/ugolini/geert-vanden-bossche-former-virologist-of-bill-gates-stop-all-mass-vaccination-campaigns-against-covid-19/

"you can make claims"

Make claims that your vaccine is effective for a strain of virus that was active in the previous year. Useless.
We should be honest - the political statements are all we can use in the area of vaccines.

Edited by friendofthai

2 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

"you can make claims"

Make claims that your vaccine is effective for a strain of virus that was active in the previous year. Useless.
We should be honest - the political statements are all we can use in the area of vaccines.

The claims they are making is of the death rates of other vaccines, no you cannot make those claims without evidence via a study. Its propaganda in its cheapest form linked from a spam website well known for conspiracy theory articles.

All it does is undermine credibility of Sputnik, this is not good for Sputnik or other vaccines for covid deniers 

• Thanks 1

The claims they are making is of the death rates of other vaccines, no you cannot make those claims without evidence via a study. Its propaganda in its cheapest form linked from a spam website well known for conspiracy theory articles.

All it does is undermine credibility of Sputnik, this is not good for Sputnik or other vaccines for covid deniers 

The original political statement can be found in the official FB of the Hungarian government. And this is a reliable source for political statements. But not for studies of course. We all have google, don't we? ????

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course I respect the studies where Pfizer had a supreme efficacy agains the strains of COVID in the previous year. But it is like listening to my grandfather's stories about his dick`s standing very well 20 years before.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

The original political statement can be found in the official FB of the Hungarian government. And this is a reliable source for political statements. But not for studies of course. We all have google, don't we? ????

You think a posting of this graphic from the Hungarian Gov facebook page makes it credible? It just reinforces what I said earlier, pure propaganda.

Whats Google got to do with this? There is no study that exists making these comparisons between vaccines.

• Thanks 1

At least all of us foreigners in Thailand will be able to reflect on further data during the next say 24 months when most of the other countries have been vaccinated and at that time, hopefully we will have a choice.

Edited by anchadian

46 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

It really is a personal choice.

I am very sorry but I just don't trust anything health care wise coming out of China yet.  I'm frightened of things from India but the regulating oversight is third party and ratings come from world standards.  

In China, who knows?  It could be ok, but one can never really be sure.  Just my opinion and just curious about how others feel.  

India produces around 70% of all vaccinations. The Chinese jab is a traditional one. An understood very well.

I'd be more concerned with the new mRNA ones. Pfizer and Moderna.

In the end, I'll take what ever is offered. Considering we'll need boosters within a year anyway.

On 4/25/2021 at 4:53 PM, Danderman123 said:

It's hard to understand your point, but I gather that it is:

Lots of uninfected people are asymptomatic, and

There are cures for Covid-19. I suspect you are referring to fake cures such as HCQ, Ivermectin or Forsythia.

One thing to understand about asymptomatic cases, they can still spread the virus, and many incur permanent lung damage. If you are not afraid of catching Covid-19, it's because you are misinformed. I should also mention that the more infected, the higher the chances of mutations that may not be so benign for most people.

To paraphrase Kurt Tucholsky:

”I would rather prefer a skeptical Catholic to a devout atheist. "

????

11 minutes ago, SlavaT said:

US political statement regarding Sputnik vaccine since last year can be found in US Department of Health report. Source - https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/2020-annual-report.pdf

image.png.11d7ed5ef9654cc48947ada473d46cd7.png

That's disgusting. When the world is fighting the deadly virus, these guys just thinking about their bloody money and business interests.

Edited by friendofthai
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SlavaT said:

US political statement regarding Sputnik vaccine since last year can be found in US Department of Health report. Source - https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/2020-annual-report.pdf

image.png.11d7ed5ef9654cc48947ada473d46cd7.png

As usual ...

What has “to the detriment of US safety and security”

to do with giving vaccines to those, who might need it?

Maybe, the Russians and China didn’t do, what Pfizer did in Latin America:

https://www.thebureauinvestigates.com/stories/2021-02-23/held-to-ransom-pfizer-demands-governments-gamble-with-state-assets-to-secure-vaccine-deal

“... has asked some countries to put up sovereign assets, such as embassy buildings and military bases, as a guarantee against the cost of any future legal cases...”

Reminds me of United Fruit in the 60’s ...

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Sounds like ... truth. The Slovakian provocation is experiencing the end of its life.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/slovak-health-ministry-says-sputnik-v-doses-tested-hungary-satisfactory-2021-05-09/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/04/27/sputnik-vaccine-brazil-russia-coronavirus/

Brazil rejects Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine, citing safety concerns

• Like 1

6 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Sounds like ... truth. The Slovakian provocation is experiencing the end of its life.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/slovak-health-ministry-says-sputnik-v-doses-tested-hungary-satisfactory-2021-05-09/

If Russia would provide the detailed data on it's clinical trials, scientists could tell how good this jab is.  Sadly, they're refusing to provide the detailed data.  So who knows if it's good or not, or if it's safe or not.

https://euobserver.com/world/151483

Four deaths after taking Russian Sputnik V vaccine

The total number of cases (10) in the leaked files was tiny compared to the millions of people who felt fine after taking Sputnik V.

But Russia's lack of transparency, as well as worries over its poor data-collection standards, posed the question if there were other unreported cases out there.

"There is a problem with under-registration of side-effects of drugs in Russia in general," Vasily Vlassov, an epidemiologist at HSE University in Moscow, told EUobserver on Wednesday.

"All non-desirable effects connected in time with the use of the drug should be considered as a possible side-effect of the drug. It is a fundamental rule. Even death under a train should be considered," Vlassov, who co-wrote a study on Sputnik V in the British Medical Journal, said.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

If Russia would provide the detailed data on it's clinical trials, scientists could tell how good this jab is.  Sadly, they're refusing to provide the detailed data.  So who knows if it's good or not, or if it's safe or not.

But my comment was not about the vaccine is good or not. My comment was about the Slovakian provocation. I am not going to sell any Sputnik V package to anyone here - it is not necessary to explain why you don't like it.

1 hour ago, friendofthai said:

But my comment was not about the vaccine is good or not. My comment was about the Slovakian provocation. I am not going to sell any Sputnik V package to anyone here - it is not necessary to explain why you don't like it.

It's not why I don't like it, it's about the experts and their concern about lack of transparency of the data. Makes sense.