Thailand says Russia agrees to supply Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think the world including the WHO does want the Sputnik vaccine as long as it's proven to be safe and effective. Just like any other vaccine.

Desperate for any such vaccines actually!

Exactly, they wouldn't even accept it to be considered had they not hoped it would be approved. The same with Sinovac, I'm sure that will get approved by them in a couple of weeks. Russia just needs to hand over the data as all other vaccine manufacturers are doing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Exactly, they wouldn't even accept it to be considered had they not hoped it would be approved. The same with Sinovac, I'm sure that will get approved by them in a couple of weeks. Russia just needs to hand over the data as all other vaccine manufacturers are doing.

B<deleted> after B<deleted>. It's already scheduled for approval. 

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/who-ema-inspect-sputnik-v-manufacturing-may-who-2021-04-22/

10 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

It doesn't sound like a done deal yet based on information in your link from very well regardered very credible Reuters.

Asked about clinical data from Sputnik vaccine trials, the WHO said: "We are still receiving information from the producer."

• Like 2

10 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

What BS? 

Have you not read my prior posts, I'm well aware its up for consideration in the approval process, I've already posted the direct link to the up to date application. This is direct from WHO on the application, take a look at its current status...................all the info you need is there including the missing data requested by WHO

https://extranet.who.int/pqweb/sites/default/files/documents/Status_COVID_VAX_07April2021.pdf

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Pardon? Scientific data has always been the criteria, thats what everyone is waiting for the, final phase 3 study, what part of that do you not understand?

And what next? Just give a huge multi-billion market of COVID vaccines as a gift for Russia and China? Do you really think it is possible?

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Prayut didn't rush to vaccinate himself with either SinoVac or Spudnik; opting for AstraZeneca instead. 

Why would Thais allow themselves to be otherwise pushed into a different treatment?

Sinovac is not appropriate  for his age group. I thought  he refused AZ after news  of clotting issues.

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Sinovac is not appropriate  for his age group. I thought  he refused AZ after news  of clotting issues.

No he took AZ, the risk from blood clots is less than getting struck by lightening. Even Angela Merkel received AZ

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Pardon? Scientific data has always been the criteria, thats what everyone is waiting for the, final phase 3 study, what part of that do you not understand?

The problems with the acceptance of the vaccine began in september 2020. And it was related with accusations of inaccurate statistics data. Then follows a long story of claims for the provided data. So, how is it related with the vaccine efficiency? It is just a story about how to use bureaucracy to get rid of a rival. Everyone understands this (exclude quoted author). Therefore, those who need it, have approved it in their country.

Edited by Dmitry2222

Just now, Dmitry2222 said:

The problems with the acceptance of the vaccine began in September 2020. And it was related with accusations of inaccurate statistics data. Then follows a long story of claims for the provided data. So, how is it related with the vaccine efficiency? It is just a story about how to use bureaucracy to get rid of a rival. Everyone understands this (exclude quoted author). Therefore, those who need it have approved it in their country.

In Sept last year the Phase 1/2 trials were completed and published. 

Phase 1 and 2 trials involve relatively small numbers of people, they only give us information on vaccine side-effects that are very common (affecting more than 10 per cent of people) and common (affecting more than one per cent of people). Vaccine efficacy is only evaluated indirectly. 

Phase 3 trials that can provide a pivotal demonstration that a vaccine both works and is safe. Phase 3 vaccine trials are large randomized controlled trials conducted in the community. In these trials people either receive the vaccine or a placebo. If fewer people who received the vaccine become sick compared to those who received placebo, we have direct evidence that the vaccine prevents disease.

A vaccine may be licensed for use after a successful Phase 3 trial.

The Sputnik vaccine was submitted to WHO sometime in Jan 2021.  This link is to TASS

Now the problem is WHO is waiting for all the data including the final Phase 3 trial data. If there are disputes going on then we are not party to them, that will be a matter that they are addressing between them.

There's no point debating something neither you or I know about right?

On 4/22/2021 at 7:15 AM, internationalism said:

sinovac was not cheap, 650b per vial for the first batch 2mln.

Thai have ordered another 2mln.

at $21 per vial it's more expensive, as many other ones.

But thailand has no choice, has to buy anything and for any price.

They waited far too long.

So I won't be surprised if they pay also over $20 for sputnik. Blame thailand for not planning for the future waves and new strains 

A vial yields 5 doses with a standard syringe and 6 with the most efficient syringe.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There's no point debating something neither you or I know about right?

Yes i do not see a point for debating. Looks like you do not understand what i talking about. Good luck. ????

Edited by Dmitry2222

"The main thing is the timeframe for the delivery, the price is not a concern and people’s safety is more important,” Anutin said.

Total and complete nonsense and lies. It has always been about the money. As far as the timeframe goes, why were you not urgently pursuing this last year? 

Admit it Anutin. You have been in way over your head, this entire time. Resign now. Please. Let them appoint someone who is qualified. One blunder after another, during a national emergency, does not make a good health minister. Sorry. I know the truth hurts. 

It's all about (1) Murphy's Law and (2) white swans and black swans.

(1) My gf thought there were bugs coming up thru the floor drain in the bathroom so she blocked it without telling me. So then the hose beside the toilet broke. If something bad can happen, it will, and at the worst possible time.

(2) There are things that are truly unforeseen and unforeseeable, black swans. But most bad outcomes can be modeled on a probability scale, white swans. That variants or bad behavior might cause a distressing surge in cases at some point was a white swan. 

22 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Yes i do not see a point for debating. Looks like you do not understand what i talking about. Good luck. ????

Possibly I don't understand what you're trying to convey. I go by what is necessary for approval and what is not, its really that simple for me. Politics do not come into it, I hate discussing politics, its just not my thing.

Anyway I have a few Russian friends here in Phuket, my daughter goes to an International School here and there is a good percentage of Russians there, as a consequence she often has sleep overs with a couple of them and we do the same in return.

I've got to know the parents very well and attended a few parties with them, tasted some of the local food, they don't seem to have any problems with the Sputnik or waiting for the process it has to go through for approval. Its a similar process that all vaccine manufactures have to go through.

Good luck to you and good luck on the approval after all relevant data is sent. ????

• Like 1

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

the standard is one dose per vial. Almost all covid vax are packed that traditional way.

Otherwise mistakes can happen, and it did happen - a doctor, who rarely administer vax and is not skilled (not a nurse, who usually does it) injected to several patients the whole vials, before it was spotted and corrected. Nothing happen to those patients, but they were held in hospital for sometimes under observation. I don't remember what country it was, somewhere in europe. Happen around december, at the beginning of vaccination program

You're wrong, I had 2 Pfizer shots and I noticed the vials were not empty so I asked the lady and she told me she was giving 6 shots from ONE vial.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

You're wrong, I had 2 Pfizer shots and I noticed the vials were not empty so I asked the lady and she told me she was giving 6 shots from ONE vial.

yes, I well know it, as every kid on the playground, that's why I have written " Almost all covid vax are packed that traditional way.",  excludes pfizer

8 minutes ago, internationalism said:

yes, I well know it, as every kid on the playground, that's why I have written " Almost all covid vax are packed that traditional way.",  excludes pfizer

Go back to the playground immediatly! Astrazeneca contains 8 to 10 doses per vial. Moderna has 10 doses per vial

On 4/22/2021 at 8:37 PM, herfiehandbag said:

They are suddenly scrabbling around for anything they can get. Maybe how unpopular this whole fiasco has become is starting to sink in?

But when are they going to vaccinate the majority of people .l haven't come across one person who's been vaccinated  yet under the Government's vaccination  programme.

24 minutes ago, Chriss77 said:

Great video Kotsak. Thankyou. Hopefully this will get many views 

Everybody should watch these videos.  They are fantastic.  Clears up a lot of misconceptions I've seen posted here in these forums.

• Thanks 1

Vaccine efficacy and vaccine effectiveness both represent the percentage of reduction in symptomatic infection among people who are vaccinated.

Vaccine efficacy is defined as how well a vaccine performs under the most ideal conditions, including randomized controlled trials (RCTs), which are considered the gold standard of clinical trials.

In RCTs, there are certain controls in place to ensure these ideal conditions, such as enrollment of healthy participants and proper vaccine storage and distribution.

Vaccine effectiveness refers to how well a vaccine performs under “real-world” conditions, or less than perfectly controlled circumstances.

• Like 1