Police carry out raid in area of Pattaya after reports of prostitution - find nothing

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Nakata?

Probably a local name for the soi or the name of one of the businesses located there. (Like how Soi Diana Inn or Soi Post Office are named, or "soi Pothole", also known as "soi Chalermphrakiat" but is called "soi Chaiyapoom" by many.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Probably a local name for the soi or the name of one of the businesses located there. (Like how Soi Diana Inn or Soi Post Office are named, or "soi Pothole", also known as "soi Chalermphrakiat" but is called "soi Chaiyapoom" by many.)

Soi Esso..is the nick name...I think they mean Soi  Esso near Naklua

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Yodsak, Yamoto.... BJ.... and in many cases, the original establishment has long gone.

I am old enough for the police to have raided Soi 6 and found no prostitution there either. Obviously reports of prostitution in Pattaya are urban legends, aka fake news. Pattaya should be renamed as the city of love.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

They found nothing, reported Sanook.

Nothing was open and the lights were all out. 

I remember many moons ago, when I was exporting garments, and Bobae and Bayoke tower were full of copy brands.

When the trademark police did a raid, the shop owners would simply lower the rollers, and sit on a chair right in front of it.

Police never found any copy brands

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

I wonder if the original reporter will have the ****s to go back there in a couple days with his "hidden" camera and film the sois again (and the cop car if it's still there).

I'm thinking the reporter will be going to jail for spreading fake news and smearing the good name of Pattaya.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If there are none - and never have been - any ladies of the night in Pattaya, I sure paid some expensive morning taxi rides home for some young entrepreneurs in the past

In Pattaya? You was robbed. Give them 40 baht and tell them to get a WIN. Give them 200 baht and they get one anyhow!

Edited by jacko45k