Thailand reports 2,839 new coronavirus cases, 8 new deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

I think most of us would agree with you.

Richard Barrow 

@RichardBarrow

·

3m

I really don’t understand why the Thai government has been so hesitant in containing the third wave. They did so well last year. There have been 24,207 cases and 46 deaths since 1st April. Another 11 deaths today. Why on Earth did they not cancel Songkran and restrict travel?

lack of grey matter.... 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Nicknoodle said:

I know of people in Bangkok that are sick, but will not get tested because they have already been advised a test will cost 3000 baht. Same story in many parts of the world.....no testing, no covid!

"I know of people in Bangkok that are sick,"  Would I be right in assuming that they are farangs? One poster accused me of ranting saying that these tests for Thais are free, or this being Thailand, maybe it depends on which province you are in.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

"it almost seems as if it was intentional."  It was intentional, there was a lot of money to be made for those who are connected with all these people traveling all over the country. The ordinary Thai people themselves cannot get this soldier "government" out.

When there is another election, as was proved in the last one, who is to say that despite how the people vote, there won't be another general who will be "PM".

The new constitution ensures that. When the majority of the senate is hand picked unelected military officers it's always going to be a military officer 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2021 at 6:10 AM, pagallim said:

I said to my wife yesterday, that the full ramifications of allowing national travel during Songkran would take up to two weeks to manifest itself.   I believe it plausible that daily cases will rise to 5000/day by the end of this week with stricter measures/lockdowns being introduced.

If i said the word 'ramification' to mine she'd just give me a blank stare, say 'er' and walk off.

On 4/24/2021 at 9:39 AM, phills2k1 said:

It's the same as asking, "why doesn't society just stop relying on oil?"

no its not. You can live without a car, but you can't live without a body.

In the grand scheme of things, yes, exercise, eating healthy and quitting smoking are important and should be given much larger precedence.

So you prefer to look at the small schemes, understood.

Because full scale changes to society's health (which would need to occur on pretty much a global level) don't happen overnight and aren't a weapon against a highly contagious global virus

No, it doesn't happen overnight, but its been over a year.

Guess what? There are even more obese people in Thailand nowadays than last year.

It's not a weapon, but its been proven that athletes survive the virus most of the time without complications.

Even those that do, seem to get out of it easily. (Read the original post here! All had underlying conditions!)

However, to ask about people with depression, "why don't they just work our to feel better?", you're grossly and offensively minimizing the daily struggle

"People that struggle with depression" ?? It's a 1st world disease , come on, you can't afford depression when you're broke and hungry.

But 1st world countries are full of excuses and "mental imbalances" to cover up the fact they're just lazy. Obesity and bad health habits are the real pandemic.

We live in a world that people prefer to vaccinate, pop pills and eat their own emotions instead of dealing with them.

What is your Body Mass Index and are you a smoker? (You seem very triggered and full of excuses)

Edited by noone223

A field hospital has been set up in Zone 6 of the Chiang Mai prison after 144 new prisoners and two officials were found to have been infected with Covid-19, Corrections Department director-general Aryut Sinthoppan said on Monday. https:/al/2105787/144-inmate

Edited by anchadian

This is a bit embarrassing. The Thai prime minister has just been fined 6,000 baht for not wearing a mask during a meeting at Government House today #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand
Quote Tweet

ริชาร์ด แบร์โรว์

@richardinthai
· 2m
ด่วน ผู้ว่ากทม. เอาผิด "นายกรัฐมนตรี" ไม่สวมหน้ากากอนามัย ปรับ 6 พันบาท https://thansettakij.com/content/covid_19/477410 #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand
Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1