Wear a mask or face a 20,000 Baht fine

Guderian

Really?

"...Chonburi officially appears on the list, although in reality the mask mandate rule that the Governor put in effect last year during the first period of restrictions and closures was never rescinded. It was, however, not always enforced.

TPN media understands that Chonburi area police have been told to enforce this rule strictly now, so it is advised that if you leave your home in these provinces you wear a mask properly (not under the chin.) Technically, the law applies to everywhere outside your home, including the beach and while driving your car or motorbike alone. There does not appear to be a clause for “exercise” as a caution to be an exception to wearing a mask.

Violations of the law could see you fined up to 20,000 baht (600 USD) under Thailand’s strict emergency decree laws to control the Covid-19 Coronavirus."

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/24/42-provinces-including-chonburi-have-mask-mandates-up-to-20000-baht-fine-for-violating/

• Sad 2

Yawn......Loads of Thais in Pattaya forgot the whole mask thing months ago.....And you know what no one really gives a rats azz about the masks unless your walking into a store.......

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Yawn......Loads of Thais in Pattaya forgot the whole mask thing months ago.....And you know what no one really gives a rats azz about the masks unless your walking into a store.......

Do you use Thais as your role model? Protect yourself and your wallet. It's not too onerous.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, champers said:

Do you use Thais as your role model? Protect yourself and your wallet. It's not too onerous.

As was said above....Up to you.....

If I fined everyone 20,000 that I saw not wearing a mask I would be a multi millionaire before lunch...

Edited by redwood1

11 hours ago, petermik said:

up to you.....????

Well apparently not.....the fear is always it will be used in the tourist areas to extract money. Seems OTT when on a bike or in your own car alone. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Could someone explain the pertinence of this, other than the high bribe collection potential?

Why does every single rule and regulation have to be justified to you? Same as the seat belt, put it on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Why does every single rule and regulation have to be justified to you? Same as the seat belt, put it on.

Because the poster you replied to simply can not grasp nor is able to grasp significance of it. 

Edited by Excel
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Excel said:

Because they simply can not grasp the significance of it. 

As cited, many may think the same for the seat belt. I don't want to wear a mask, my glasses steam up. Previously a mask was kept at hand for any road check....

What ya going to do, keep paying fines? 

I am a guest here, seem wrong to irritate them by being a scofflaw. 

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

I am not going to be paying any fines, nor will any other intelligent person as we shall be wearing masks, not only because it is law, but also because it is a potential health hazard not to do so.

We are co-sympatico..... but in reality most vehicles have heavily tinted windows, so you cannot see in, and catch that lady all over the road infront messing with her phone and driving (badly). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Drove through a police road block the other week, I got stopped wound the window down the police told me to wear the mask, 

I would refuse to wind the window  down, why invite in unnecessary contact. And how stupid is wearing a mask in your  car anyway, they just  blindly  follow their orders.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

We are co-sympatico..... but in reality most vehicles have heavily tinted windows, so you cannot see in, and catch that lady all over the road infront messing with her phone and driving (badly). 

That's true but here is an observation as a warning perhaps.  Last year at the 1st covid restrictions Makro stopped giving you those cards on entry to the car park on the grounds that they wanted to ensure the virus was not spread on those cards plastic surfaces. ( Not sure about any other stores).  Now the BIB permantaly wear those white gloves at checkpoints, maybe all the time they are on duty.  Now just think at those police checkpoints when they ask to see your license how many driving licenses they touch and potentially spread the virus to. When I take the card back from them I always put a plastic glove on to receive the license back , the glove of course having alcohol gel on it. Only happened twice since last year but you only need to catch it once don't you ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kiteman9 said:

Heard from 'a friend in Itaoly the other day, she caught it and her Husband, they are devout  mask wearers and hand washers, she had no symptoms he ended up 20 days in hospital. I find this  interesting  Id  love to know why some people remain  with no symptoms or almost  none and others end up dead. Maybe genetics  has a role to  play in which case identifying who is susceptible would be great. neither of them have any other health issues  not over weight and both 50 yrs  old.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Excel said:

Now just think at those police checkpoints when they ask to see your license how many driving licenses they touch

Again that's unnecessary they could  just LOOK at it even through the window if they didn't have  100%  black tint.

1 minute ago, gunderhill said:

Heard from 'a friend in Itaoly the other day, she caught it and her Husband, they are devout  mask wearers and hand washers, she had no symptoms he ended up 20 days in hospital. I find this  interesting  Id  love to know why some people remain  with no symptoms or almost  none and others end up dead. Maybe genetics  has a role to  play in which case identifying who is susceptible would be great. neither of them have any other health issues  not over weight and both 50 yrs  old.

I think the example you quoted applies to many people in the world and scientists and Doctors are still trying to understand why that is.

1 minute ago, gunderhill said:

Again that's unnecessary they could  just LOOK at it even through the window if they didn't have  100%  black tint.

They could but they don't, and refusing to obey a police request is not a wise thing to do 

9 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Because some people do  have the ability to think for themselves rather than blindly obey.

And some are their own worst enemies. They do not have the right to make up the national laws they are expected to live by though do they?

Simply bull headed obstinance in these circumstances. 

• Like 2

Just now, Excel said:

They could but they don't, and refusing to obey a police request is not a wise thing to do 

Depends  how much you  value  your  life with covid and opening a window is  inviting  in Covid, just think how  many people they will have had contact with in an evening of stops.

Just now, jacko45k said:

And some are their own worst enemies. They do not have the right to make up the national laws they are expected to live by though do they?

Simply bull headed obstinance in these circumstances. 

Some maybe but  Ill stick to what I thinks  safe based on reason , wearing a mask in a car with only  yourself in their or even the Wife  is ridiculous, I mean Ill be shagging her later, do I need to wear the mask  then or  only if its out on the land 20 rai walled  not  open to the public after all I would be outdoors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Depends  how much you  value  your  life with covid and opening a window is  inviting  in Covid, just think how  many people they will have had contact with in an evening of stops.

I agree , but refusing to obey a police instruction will expose you to a huge risk