QUIET Room/Apartment Pattaya Area?

OliverKlozerof

Dog noise. I posted before looking for area with no/minimal dog noise. Inevitably someone says, 'Not possible in Thailand.' Wrong; it is possible. My room in BKK has no barking (took some searching but...). Six out of seven hotels I was just in in south Thailand last month had no (/minimal) barking. East end of Mae Phim Beach (east of Rayong), at beginning of Feb. this year, no barking (thanks to farang who paid local shelter owner to castrate all male dogs ???? ).

So: Anyone know of area around Pattaya with no/minimal dogs/barking? Preferably not central. Na Klua? Jomtien? Hill in between (whatever it's called)? I came to Na Jomtien for sailing course Apr. 10 and now don't want to return to BKK. Will stay day by day until I know it's quiet, then by week/month. Otherwise: clean, decent, everything works, etc. Small kitchen best. Airbnb? Agoda...? Thx

18 minutes ago, tonray said:

In Pattaya, however, always the chance your neighbors are freaks...

I remember visiting a friend in some condo block in the Arunothai area.... awful basic place. As we left  a guy was entering a condo nearby with two large dogs on leads... dread to think of the living conditions in there. Are there many buildings allowing dogs?

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I remember visiting a friend in some condo block in the Arunothai area.... awful basic place. As we left  a guy was entering a condo nearby with two large dogs on leads... dread to think of the living conditions in there. Are there many buildings allowing dogs?

I was referring to freaky neighbors who themselves might be barking and wearing the collars ....ha ha ha ha...after all it is Pattaya

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tonray said:

I was referring to freaky neighbors who themselves might be barking and wearing the collars ....ha ha ha ha...after all it is Pattaya

Ever actually been to Pattaya.? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

Check out Southern Naklua. Many good deals are available.

I'll drive over to that area today to check things out. Any specific properties you know of? I treated myself at I think New Years about 12 years ago and stayed in a nice hotel there. As I recall, the area seemed classier/more civil than most of Pattaya, which is what I'm looking for. And a variety of places to eat.

I've been staying in Na (south) Jomtien, as it was close to the sailing course I took. But one of the worst areas for dogs I've been in in quite a while. Probably anywhere would be an improvement over this. Room itself is very nice. Owner offered me a room that has bedroom with no external walls, so in there almost never hear the dogs.

But step into main room and with a couple minutes you can hear the poor creatures. It's never the dog's fault, but the humans that make up this culture that thinks it's somehow kind to let malnourished, worm infested packs of dogs roam freely through the neighborhoods.

In "developed" countries, dog catchers (/animal control officers), round them up, put them up for adoption...if no takers, eventually they are euthanized. To the tune of around 1800 per day in the US. Both cases are tragic. But I think the western approach is far more sensible. I realize it's a longer discussion than this; they say no money for 'animal control'/euthanasia here, for example....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

Check out Southern Naklua. Many good deals are available.

I got a bit confused looking at google maps today.... I always thought 'Naklua' meant the area north of N Pattaya Rd. Actually, I think that's correct. But what confused me was, if you search for 'Na Kleua' on g'maps, it includes all of Pattaya plus Jomtien. But when I looked at the area north of N Pattaya Rd, I see "Pattaya-Naklua Rd," which I think is what most people are referring to when they say Naklua. Chai mai?

1143696632_NaKluea.thumb.jpg.136bc46e155110d4fd677aa47b8dbacb.jpg

(Pattaya) Naklua Rd.jpg

On 4/24/2021 at 8:04 PM, OliverKlozerof said:

Will stay day by day until I know it's quiet, then by week/month. Otherwise: clean, decent, everything works, etc. Small kitchen best. Airbnb? Agoda...? 

Note that the only rent day by day allowed legally are the ones having an hotel licence

Even if you can find a lot of short term rent on aibnb, if the owner doesn't have a hotel licence

the minimal duration of the rent should be 1 month

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OliverKlozerof said:

which I think is what most people are referring to when they say Naklua. Chai mai?

Most old timers here would regard Naklua as North of Nua! Yes Google Maps has Pattaya Klang as part of it though. 

• Like 1

Where i stay very quiet. 6 mins walk to walking street. secure.

1 bed 45 sqm. 15k/month+elect. approx 1k for elect. i am not

using aircon at moment. can pay per night 1k.

yes, i am trying to help owner, a good guy. i am only tenant

in 23 apartments. no pool. dogs not a problem. i have been staying

on and off here for 16 years. low rise. no need to go up stairs.