TOT bill gone AWOL again

Guderian

We had a thread on this topic some months ago but I can't find it now. I received a text message from NT DEBT which was demanding payment of the internet and phone bills, which was the first I'd noticed that I hadn't received a bill from TOT this month. They sent a link to TOT's e-service website but it's all in Thai, and very little changes if I toggle between Thai and American (really!). On the third toggle the website threw a wobbly and went off somewhere that was 100% in Thai so I gave up on it.

Does anybody know if the TOT office on Klang is open now, or have they abandoned it again due to the Covid outbreak? Am I alone in being ignored by TOT's billing service in April, or have others also not received theirs?

• Sad 1

I have 3BB in CM. They have in the past sent out statements late and then have their hound dog debt collector with the audacity to send a text and then a letter that you are delinquent on your payment. They then want you to pay a late charge and are asking you to pay the minimum payment. To me it is a scam.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I have 3BB in CM. They have in the past sent out statements late and then have their hound dog debt collector with the audacity to send a text and then a letter that you are delinquent on your payment. They then want you to pay a late charge and are asking you to pay the minimum payment. To me it is a scam.

3BB isn't TOT.

10 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

3BB isn't TOT.

Errr. it is an example of what they all are doing.

Err...they're not all doing that.   TOT isn't sending debt collectors or demanding late payment fees.  They sent the OP a reminder and a link so he could pay his bill.   Something wrong with that?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Err...they're not all doing that.   TOT isn't sending debt collectors or demanding late payment fees.  They sent the OP a reminder and a link so he could pay his bill.   Something wrong with that?

Err, if the notice went out then it is already past due!

I pay TOT every 6 months in advance, but usually about 1 month after the start of each 6 months. We just call in at the local TOT office to hand over the shekels. Never a problem.

59 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

I pay TOT every 6 months in advance, but usually about 1 month after the start of each 6 months. We just call in at the local TOT office to hand over the shekels. Never a problem.

That's fine if their office is open, but a few months ago they closed the main one in Pattaya due to Covid fears.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

TOT website has an English language option and a method of payment, all in English, I know, I've used it.

Screenshot (48)_LI.jpg

I opened the link they sent me and it was all in Thai, even though the language icon at the top showed the stars and stripes. Toggling it between Thai and American mad every little difference, so I guess you must be using a different web page. Would you mind posting a link to it and I'll see if I can get any further with that.

I remember the last time that someone said they were told to go and pay it at the 7-eleven, but without the bar code that's on the bill it wasn't possible.

True internet are the same   .. sometimes they send a bill,     other times they dont, i know the due date so i take an old bill into 7/11 who scan the bar code, then its done, have' nt had a bill now for 3 months

15 hours ago, alocmrlj said:

I paid 10 minutes ago(thx for reminding me)...works fine...all in English https://www.tot.co.th/en/eservice/quickpay-en

Thanks, that got me further than the URL that NT DEBT sent, but it still didn't work. I tried to pay using my SCB debit card, but the website got hung up when it wanted my name as it appears on the card, but a standard SCB card (or at least the one I've got) doesn't have your name on it. I stuck in my initials and surname, and then it showed me an SCB page that was blank and didn't do anything. I checked the SCB Easy app on my phone and nothing had been taken from my account, so it didn't work.

2 hours ago, actonion said:

True internet are the same   .. sometimes they send a bill,     other times they dont, i know the due date so i take an old bill into 7/11 who scan the bar code, then its done, have' nt had a bill now for 3 months

I haven't had a bill from them for a long time....I pay mine  on-line.

Mind you, the bill itself is some convoluted folded and glued up thing that usually ends up torn after frustrating me... don't miss it. I used it for my retirement extension last year so would like to see one. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Guderian said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

TOT website has an English language option and a method of payment, all in English, I know, I've used it.

Screenshot (48)_LI.jpg

Expand  

I opened the link they sent me and it was all in Thai, even though the language icon at the top showed the stars and stripes. Toggling it between Thai and American mad every little difference, so I guess you must be using a different web page. Would you mind posting a link to it and I'll see if I can get any further with that.

It's there in the screenshot but here it is again,

https://www.tot.co.th/eservice/quickpay

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guderian said:

I tried to pay using my SCB debit card, but the website got hung up when it wanted my name as it appears on the card, but a standard SCB card (or at least the one I've got) doesn't have your name on it. I stuck in my initials and surname, and then it showed me an SCB page that was blank and didn't do anything.

Using a debit card you need to enter your full name as the bank has it on their records as just your initials and surname aren't your name on a bank account.   Maybe you should speak to SCB and ask them why your card details didn't work on a website that does seem to work for everyone else?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

I got extremely fed up with non-delivery of ToT bills - very hit and miss and often arrived too late when they did arrive at all.  Never sure if this was down to ToT or the Thai Post but I suspect the latter.

I have paid using the Quick Pay link on the ToT eService website, as other posters have done, but there is a registration link on that site that lets you register to receive your ToT bill as an email attachment.  What you get is in all respects the same as the normal paper bill so it can be paid at 7-11 or Tesco, etc.

I find this more convenient than using a debit card with Quick Pay as I have never yet managed to get my Thai bank cards to work for online purchases - but that's another story!

2 hours ago, doctormann said:

I find this more convenient than using a debit card with Quick Pay as I have never yet managed to get my Thai bank cards to work for online purchases - but that's another story!

Yeah, the same story here. A few months ago I asked in the branch of SCB that I use if my ATM card is really also a debit card, and if so why it never works? I didn't understand the reply, it was something about having to activate the card to make a payment using Google. It all sounded a bit OTT, I have a PIN number and the number on the back of the card, why isn't that enough? That's probably why the TOT website didn't work, I hadn't asked Google to activate the card to make a payment (and I have no idea how to do so, either).

Edited by Guderian

21 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Yeah, the same story here. A few months ago I asked in the branch of SCB that I use if my ATM card is really also a debit card, and if so why it never works? I didn't understand the reply, it was something about having to activate the card to make a payment using Google. It all sounded a bit OTT, I have a PIN number and the number on the back of the card, why isn't that enough? That's probably why the TOT website didn't work, I hadn't asked Google to activate the card to make a payment (and I have no idea how to do so, either).

I have an account with TMB and the debit card for that account actually has my name on it.  Still doesn't work for online purchases.  It needs to be activated somehow - but I thought that it had been already.  Activating using Google sounds like a weird idea - surely not!  Maybe they mean you to do a search to find out what the procedure is?

I also have an account with Kasikorn.  The debit card for that account just has 'Privileged Customer' on it and doesn't work online, even though they say that it should!  They seem reluctant to provide a 'proper' card for some reason.

A trip into town is obviously required but I'm not going anywhere that I don't really need to at the moment.  I'll do it once the current COVID panic has eased off a bit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Guderian said:

I expect they are trying to say it needs to be activated for online use, nothing to do with Google.

The banks seem to have 3 or 4 different 'Debit Cards' with varying annual charges and capabilities. I never use mine as a Debit Card here, (ATM only), I tend to use the 'Credit Card', particularly on-line. I specifically emphasized to them when I obtained it that I expect to use it on-line, for flight tickets, as an example.  

Back to topic.... just heard there has been a Covid positive for a staff member at Banglamung Post Office on Sawang Fah. That will not help the mail get through... I haven't seen any for a good while now.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:51 AM, jacko45k said:

Mind you, the bill itself is some convoluted folded and glued up thing that usually ends up torn after frustrating me...

???? I agree! You need to be a brain surgeon to open it without damaging the barcode.

• Haha 2

all my utilities are paid from Bangkok Bank and SCB application on my phone.

bank looks at payee and current balance due is shown. push button. done.

you can create "favorites" so even easier.

you can also schedule payments.

PEA electric here in Hua Hin sends me a text to remind me. shows current balance.

AIS same.

I am on the road too much to be worried about not being able to pay utilities.

the only bill i can't pay on line is water because they are at least 20 years behind. but you can not pay for three months without a problem.

On 4/27/2021 at 6:39 PM, alocmrlj said:

I paid 10 minutes ago(thx for reminding me)...works fine...all in English https://www.tot.co.th/en/eservice/quickpay-en

Thanks for the link, I assume the Service Number they ask for is your Billing Account No.

If so then I can't get in, gives me a line of red Thai text below the Service Number Box that doesn't stay long enough for anybody to read.

24 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Thanks for the link, I assume the Service Number they ask for is your Billing Account No.

If so then I can't get in, gives me a line of red Thai text below the Service Number Box that doesn't stay long enough for anybody to read.

in my case, the service number is my landline phone number.  if you no longer have a landline then I don't know what number they want.  Do you have a bill, even an old one?  Maybe something on there?

1 minute ago, doctormann said:

in my case, the service number is my landline phone number.  if you no longer have a landline then I don't know what number they want.  Do you have a bill, even an old one?  Maybe something on there?

Never had a phone number with them, only a CAT fiber-optic internet connection installed Dec 2020.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Back to topic.... just heard there has been a Covid positive for a staff member at Banglamung Post Office on Sawang Fah. That will not help the mail get through... I haven't seen any for a good while now.

<deleted> me... got some mail today....

Stuff mailed ex-UK from 26 Feb to30 March, all together.

No True bill though. 

• Like 1