Phuket officials re-release COVID measures order in English

snoop1130

1619606463_1-org.jpg

Page 1 of the order published in English. Image: PR Phuket

PHUKET:-- Following a meeting with consuls representing at least 14 countries yesterday, the Phuket Provincial Government today (Apr 28) re-posted online the English-language version of the original order implementing the COVID prevention measures that are to remain in effect until at least Friday (Apr 30).

The order re-posted in English today was the original order issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew on Apr 20 and is the first ‒ and only ‒ order issued in Phuket in English during the current outbreak.

The order in English language was originally posted online by the Phuket office of the Public Relations Department on Apr 22.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-officials-re-release-covid-measures-order-in-english-79832.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-28

With so many foreigners living in Thailand they should post all these orders in English so we all know what is going on. All other civilized countries keep everyone informed in at least the local language and English, often in many other languages as well.

• Like 1

For me this is too small to read easily.

Has anyone with better eyesight than me who is really bored, read anything about not having to wear a mask while exercising - i.e. running or cycling?

I remember a week or so ago it was exempted, but I wonder if it still has that exemption now?

I hasten to add that I live in Udon, not Phuket, but would be interested to know if all the provinces appear to be following the same wording/ regulations regarding cycling and mask wearing.

8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

For me this is too small to read easily.

Has anyone with better eyesight than me who is really bored, read anything about not having to wear a mask while exercising - i.e. running or cycling?

I remember a week or so ago it was exempted, but I wonder if it still has that exemption now?

I hasten to add that I live in Udon, not Phuket, but would be interested to know if all the provinces appear to be following the same wording/ regulations regarding cycling and mask wearing.

That order still say that you are excluded from wearing a mask while consuming food or beverage and while exercising.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The order re-posted in English today was the original order issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew on Apr 20 and is the first ‒ and only ‒ order issued in Phuket in English during the current outbreak.

So foreigners in Thailand do exist....  

3 hours ago, pattjock said:

That order still say that you are excluded from wearing a mask while consuming food or beverage and while exercising.

Depending on the province you live in and at the discretion of the BIB who may interpret the orders (anyway they like according to the head honcho) as being "farangs must drink their beverages through their mask, pull their mask up between bites, and suffocate while exercising or face an immediate 20K THB fine.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Soupdragon said:

I think it would be helpful if the authorities published more information, particularly accurate numbers of new infections and also the locations where they occur.

TIT.  Your expectation are wayyyyy too high.