return to 14 Quarantine

So i called Thai embassy in Sweden today to ask for visa etc. Told her if it is just for me to book a 10 day quarantine and she told me that she just got some headsup info about that they are probably going to return to 14 ASQ for all. If i book and pay a 10 day ASQ for next week, can they say no and tell me to rebook or something even if i wont have time to reschedule the flight and get new COE. Anyone knows?

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Absurd comment. They are not changing the rules on 'him' or any individual.

Of course it's not targeted, I'm just saying the odds of an individual being grandfathered in to the 7/10 day quarantine program is highly unlikely.  If they deem it necessary to change, it will probably apply for anyone from that date forward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sead said:

If i book and pay a 10 day ASQ for next week, can they say no and tell me to rebook or something even if i wont have time to reschedule the flight and get new COE. Anyone knows?

They can do whatever they want.  In the past they have announced border changes with just a day or two advanced notice.

Unless you have a pressing reason to be in Thailand right away, I would wait until the green certificate is formally announced next month and see if Thailand will drop the quarantine requirement for fully-vaccinated visitors.

It is already clear that the vast majority of countries will quickly fall in behind that arrangement, as a way to motivate their own populations to accept vaccination.

Edited by Poet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A FB post was linked here in another thread and accepted as factual.

It looks dodgy to me, I can't find any confirmation. Think it is a trial balloon, as the MoFA would have to recommend/approve this. But maybe the PM's new powers make such a thing possible for him, as supreme leader.

https://www.facebook.com/OICDDC/posts/3905861762867721

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

A FB post was linked here in another thread and accepted as factual.

It looks dodgy to me, I can't find any confirmation. Think it is a trial balloon, as the MoFA would have to recommend/approve this. But maybe the PM's new powers make such a thing possible for him, as supreme leader.

https://www.facebook.com/OICDDC/posts/3905861762867721

This appears to be the Office of International Cooperation of an MoPH Department.

I agree very odd for them to post something like this in absence of a public announcement by CCSA.

39 minutes ago, thai006 said:

why come back to 14 days quarantine the virus is stil there , and it was here not because of farang who was quarantine,

The new outbreak is from the UK variant.  It came abroad from somewhere, probably from a farang that went through ASQ.  They are logically worried some of the even more dangerous variants might do the same.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, howerde said:

The Thai  embassy in london says from 6 May, all non Thai arrivals needs 15 nights ASQ, including those who have been vaccinated   https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

So if don't need a Visa? I can enter 45 days without visa and take a 10 day quarantine if u go before 6 may? Thai embassy in Sweden told me I need visa

2 hours ago, sead said:

So if don't need a Visa? I can enter 45 days without visa and take a 10 day quarantine if u go before 6 may? Thai embassy in Sweden told me I need visa

You need to get the COE before 1st May, and have to enter Thailand before 6th May, then you can still do the 10 days quarantine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You need to get the COE before 1st May, and have to enter Thailand before 6th May, then you can still do the 10 days quarantine.

Cant. All hotels now only show 14/15 days. just checked. Talked to embassy and they told me COE minimum 3 days

I'm sort of in a weird situation. I reserved a 10-day ASQ and submitted ASQ confirmation letter this afternoon, along with flight, to the COE system (already pre-approved). However, this evening, Thai government mandated 14-day ASQ. So I called hotel to extend stay and got a new 14-day ASQ confirmation letter, but can't upload it to COE because it's "Under consideration". I'm planning to fly May 8. Embassy in Singapore didn't get back to me.

Will they cancel my current COE application and I'll have to start all over? If that's the case, not sure I'll be able to make it waiting 3 days for pre-approval and then another 3 days after uploading new confirmation letter with flight. Or is there another option?

7 minutes ago, Aventuras said:

I'm sort of in a weird situation. I reserved a 10-day ASQ and submitted ASQ confirmation letter this afternoon, along with flight, to the COE system (already pre-approved). However, this evening, Thai government mandated 14-day ASQ. So I called hotel to extend stay and got a new 14-day ASQ confirmation letter, but can't upload it to COE because it's "Under consideration". I'm planning to fly May 8. Embassy in Singapore didn't get back to me.

Will they cancel my current COE application and I'll have to start all over? If that's the case, not sure I'll be able to make it waiting 3 days for pre-approval and then another 3 days after uploading new confirmation letter with flight. Or is there another option?

Im looking now to fly on 4 may. Talked to 2 hotels and wait answer to book 11 day ASQ. Insurance is finished, I got time for pcr and fit to fly.now wait for conirmation abut hotel. then ill buy ticket. And COE

33 minutes ago, Aventuras said:

No need for another COE unless your changing dates of travel, but arriving on 8th you'll be required to do 14 days/ 15 nights quarantine.

Hardly time to change arrangements to arrive 5th and get a new COE before then.

37 minutes ago, Aventuras said:

You still have your Certificate of Entry permission - no issues there. 

Upon entry into Thailand your documents will be checked at a couple of check points.

It will be noted that you have a 15 night quarantine  - no issues. 

For those who have made a 10/11 night quarantine booking, I imagine they will be contacted by their ASQ hotels fairly soon and asked to extend their booking to 15 nights. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

For those who have made a 10/11 night quarantine booking, I imagine they will be contacted by their ASQ hotels fairly soon and asked to extend their booking to 15 nights. 

I have a friend departing 5th, arriving 6th. His ASQ hotel contacted him today to advise him of the new requirements from 6th. He misses out by 7 hours.

46 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I have a friend departing 5th, arriving 6th. His ASQ hotel contacted him today to advise him of the new requirements from 6th. He misses out by 7 hours.

It may be worth his while bringing everything forwards by 24 hrs if he can. 

(Last month I brought my trip into BKK forwards by 24 hrs with 4 days of travel - rebooked flights, ASQ and obtained new CoE)

25 minutes ago, Aventuras said:

Update: Received rejection notice from COE/embassy due to my 10-day ASQ letter. Had to re-upload new 14-day ASQ letter and wait 3 days for confirmation before COE is issued. 

I suspect they are just being cautious. 

IF your CoE was issued before 1st may and you are arriving in Bangkok on or before 6th May, when you arrive at Suvarnambumi airport make sure they stamp your arrival card with 10 days Quarantine: 

IF you CoE / Arrival window is outside of this 6 day period the 10 days quarantine cannot be ‘grandfathered in’ and 14 days (15 nights) is mandatory. 

Note: ASQ hotel will follow whatever is stamped on your arrival documents.

When you arrive and step off the plane you will be seated in a queue, your documents will be checked at this stage (but nothing stamped).  

You will be called forwards in groups of 10 to a ‘processing queue’ at which point your temperature will be taken and you will queue (smaller queues) for your documents to be checked. It is at this stage where your ASQ bookings will be cross checked, your CoE will cross checked against arrival records etc. Your Quarantine duration will be stamped into your arrival documents (Keep hold of this document !!! ).

The staff are friendly - talk with them and ensure you receive the 10 day quarantine stamp.

The hotel should refund the additional nights if you only have to stay 10 days. 

10 days.jpg

Edited by richard_smith237

19 minutes ago, Aventuras said:

Update: Received rejection notice from COE/embassy due to my 10-day ASQ letter. Had to re-upload new 14-day ASQ letter and wait 3 days for confirmation before COE is issued. 

Also note: The Embassy also rejected my ASQ because it was 10 days and requested that I send a 14 day ASQ booking (even though the CCSA regulations were clear that 10 days was possible from 1st April).

I kept my original booking and made another 14 day ASQ booking on Agoda (fully refundable) - submitted that, received my CoE, then promptly cancelled the 14 day ASQ and went with my original 10 day booking !

(as you can see above, upon arrival I was stamped in for a 10 day quarantine)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I suspect they are just being cautious. 

IF your CoE was issued before 1st may and you are arriving in Bangkok on or before 6th May, when you arrive at Suvarnambumi airport make sure they stamp your arrival card with 10 days Quarantine: 

IF you CoE / Arrival window is outside of this 6 day period the 10 days quarantine cannot be ‘grandfathered in’ and 14 days (15 nights) is mandatory. 

Note: ASQ hotel will follow whatever is stamped on your arrival documents.

When you arrive and step off the plane you will be seated in a queue, your documents will be checked at this stage (but nothing stamped).  

You will be called forwards in groups of 10 to a ‘processing queue’ at which point your temperature will be taken and you will queue (smaller queues) for your documents to be checked. It is at this stage where your ASQ bookings will be cross checked, your CoE will cross checked against arrival records etc. Your Quarantine duration will be stamped into your arrival documents (Keep hold of this document !!! ).

The staff are friendly - talk with them and ensure you receive the 10 day quarantine stamp.

The hotel should refund the additional nights if you only have to stay 10 days. 

I came in April 1st and at the 1st stop where everyone is seated and paperwork is originally reviewed, I received a paper with a 10 day stamp. When I asked why since I have the vaccine shots, I was told that at the next stop they review and will change if all the paperwork is correct. At the 2nd stop they took the paper that was stamped 10 day and gave me the 7 day stamped form.