Leaving Thailand while "under consideration"

I entered Thailand while visa exempt, and got a 30-day extension which expired last week. In the meantime, I went to MTT again to apply for a covid extension, and was given an "under consideration" stamp with the requirement to return to MTT on 3rd May.

I have now decided to return to Europe this weekend, and so will not go to MTT for the extension. I presume this will not cause an issue at Immigration on departure - the "under consideration" date effectively acting as a temporary extension of permitted stay. Is this correct?

21 minutes ago, Orient Express said:

Not really. Actually, it was a very good idea to come to Thailand, and I have had a great time here for 11 weeks while Covid has still been raging in Europe.

I do not need a Covid-19 test for the airline I am flying on or the country I am flying to. I can then self-isolate at home for 10 days or take two Covid tests and am free after three days. So, not a problem at all.

Well that's first time that ANY airline allows someone to fly without evidence of not having covid .Furthermore your post saying here on 30 days extension when  you must have had more than one of them if in Thailand 11 weeks 

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Confused 2

A different situation but I had a similar question when I thought I may have to leave Thailand during my ‘under consideration period’ while waiting for an Extension Of Stay approval (based on Non-Imm O Marriage). Immigration told me that if I need to leave within the month long ‘under consideration period’ I could go there earlier with the flight ticket and I could gain earlier ‘approval’.

Your situation is slightly different as this is simply an ‘under consideration period’ for a 30 day extension, no re-entry permits upon departure are required etc. 

As such, you are in the country legally, I can’t see how there could be any issue with your departure. 

If you want to be certain, go back to Immigration with proof of travel. Otherwise I wouldn’t really worry about it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Well that's first time that ANY airline allows someone to fly without evidence of not having covid .Furthermore your post saying here on 30 days extension when  you must have had more than one of them if in Thailand 11 weeks 

For example Qatar doesnt ask covid test results flying to Finland. You need to do it when you arrive. But when flying with Finnair it is mandatory. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is making something up and presenting it as fact a frequent issue ????

Everyday... ????  You hear it from the politicians, the news presenters and the writers.  It just naturally affects most everybody. (especially TVF)

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

As I mentioned in the first post, I am "under consideration" for the Covid 60-day extension, so the re-entry issue doesn't apply. When I'm gone, I'm gone ????

I am flying Qatar Airways which does not require a Covid test per se (only if your destination country requires it, which mine - Hungary - does not).

Such a shame, however, that so many genuine threads on TVF succumb to trolling!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Orient Express said:

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

As I mentioned in the first post, I am "under consideration" for the Covid 60-day extension, so the re-entry issue doesn't apply. When I'm gone, I'm gone ????

I am flying Qatar Airways which does not require a Covid test per se (only if your destination country requires it, which mine - Hungary - does not).

Such a shame, however, that so many genuine threads on TVF succumb to trolling!

This gives me an idea for when I return to the UK this summer. I'll fly to Hungary, which by then will be on the UK's green list, and spend 10 days somewhere with a nice view. Then I'll fly to the UK with no need for any test or quarantine. 

• Like 1