Give Me Money... Give Me More!

villagefarang

I guess my first post just died a natural death from boredom. I had hoped it might reach 5000/200 on hits and replies but it seems that you need to get the real nasty loons involved to rack-up the big numbers. Anyway I'm going to stick to subjects that bring out the more thoughtful and discerning readers and writers and forget about the numbers. Figure that wasn't bad for a first effort, though.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i highly disagree.

if they ask just to keep faces in good standing, just give, be generous and give more.

again , what s one of the advantages of marrying a farang. acces to their money!

come on guy you had to know the RULES when you married thai,

Just say no! That's why banks are in existence!

i highly disagree.

if they ask just to keep faces in good standing, just give, be generous and give more.

again , what s one of the advantages of marrying a farang. acces to their money!

If you have a problem with Thai customs, better not to marry one.

The myth that we're all loaded is one that is happily propagated there.

Let's face it, wherever you're from, it wouldn't be hard to find takers if you set yourself up to give money away.

Throw some at me and I'll take it - and I don't even have a buffalo. But my car needs fixing. :o

• 2 months later...
No matter which social class you marry into, the chances are you will be asked outright for money or asked to enter into a "risk free, sure deal". I would like to know what you say or do and how successful you are with your approach.

There is some good advice and some bad in this thread so though I might put it back on the front page and see if someone new might pick it up. A couple of other oldies of mine got dug up recently so why not this one?

No matter which social class you marry into, the chances are you will be asked outright for money or asked to enter into a "risk free, sure deal". I would like to know what you say or do and how successful you are with your approach.

Take your wife's advice. She should be the best, maybe the only, person who can navigate this issue for you.

If she cannot, or does not want to, or if she does not have your best interests at heart, you have married the wrong woman.

she's not from issan by any chance?..... i have heard of many many poor farangs with the same story

i highly disagree.

Let's face it, wherever you're from, it wouldn't be hard to find takers if you set yourself up to give money away.

Throw some at me and I'll take it - and I don't even have a buffalo. But my car needs fixing. :o

Unfortunately, this myth that we are loaded gets perpetuated by Farangs, who spend like drunken sailors on their ladies & families, to the tune of 50-60,000 + + bht per month & buy houses & cars solely in the ladies name. The "lovelys" here have come to expect such lavish treatment as customary & normal for a Thai/Farang couple. Anything less from you (the Farang) brings out much pi$$ing and moaning about how they (the Thai lady) got the short end, while thier counterpart girlfrinds are living on easy street, thanks to their generous Farang husbands.

There is some good advice and some bad in this thread so though I might put it back on the front page and see if someone new might pick it up. A couple of other oldies of mine got dug up recently so why not this one?

Perhaps I can help get more hits

Is it true you can get genital herpes by giving money to the in Laws?

Perhaps I can help get more hits

Is it true you can get genital herpes by giving money to the in Laws?

Your a pro. I can tell you have done this before.

Because if everyone went around bumping their own topics (poor forum etiquette), the place would be a mess.

I give, but I take my gf's advice on how much and when. She knows that I would know if she or her family were taking the piss, so she doesn't push it. But if there's a genuine need I'm only too happy to help out.

She has a descent job and sends home 50% so there's not usually a need.

Because if everyone went around bumping their own topics (poor forum etiquette), the place would be a mess.

From what I have seen, I didn't think there was any "forum etiquette".

But seriously as the OP my topics are my babies and I feel responsible for them. If a little bump can bring them out from the darkness and bring a little light into other people's lives then I don't see the harm.

I was asked to loan some money to my wifes sister only a small amount 4000 baht , wich i did ,

That was the first mistake , i never got it back so i told my wife i will not loan money to any of here family again as they did not pay me back,

That was the second mistake ,

because my wife thought i was unhappy not being payed back ,

so when her sister asked for a loan again my wife explained that i was unhappy about not getting anything back,,

So the sister and my wife did a deal over the last loan and a new one ,

I am now the proud owner of 3 baby buffallo ,,,, yes 3 buffallo ?

What the inghell do i want with 3 buffallo , I want the money :o

:D

:D:D:D

I'll trade you your three buffalo for my 2 cows. :bah:

I just can't see caring enough for someone else's family to give them money.

They didn't earn it. They didn't help me earn it. I didn't know they existed when I earned it. Why should they get it?

I've had my marriage certifcate translated. There's nothing on there about taking care of the family.

My feelings exactly. Good for you Pal. If more of us Stupid Farangs stuck to our guns we would all be a lot better off!

So you would watch your wife's mother starve, or suffer illness because you feel like "sticking to your guns"?

Do you understand that there is no social security to care for the elderly?

Ignoring your partners parents is shameful and irresponsible. I'm sure those that do have lost all respect in the eyes of their spouse.

Any cost incurred is minimal by farang standards, refusing to part with a few bucks to help the elderly or infirm parents of the one you love is just plain cruel.

I for one could not live with myself.

It amazes me people can be so heartless.

I has a Thai can only say married my daughter. We will take care of you good

i highly disagree.

Unfortunately, this myth that we are loaded gets perpetuated by Farangs, who spend like drunken sailors on their ladies & families, to the tune of 50-60,000 + + bht per month & buy houses & cars solely in the ladies name. The "lovelys" here have come to expect such lavish treatment as customary & normal for a Thai/Farang couple. Anything less from you (the Farang) brings out much pi$$ing and moaning about how they (the Thai lady) got the short end, while thier counterpart girlfrinds are living on easy street, thanks to their generous Farang husbands.

The problem is that you a2396 is only capable of understanding things from the farangs point of view. You fail to realize how many farangs have used thai women as well. It is all fair game. You are just not capable enough to see it from a different angle. You claim yourself victim but fail to realize how you have gain by polishing your own ego. If it was that bad, you would have gone for good. What are you doing here may I ask? What made you the prisoner in thailand? I read your post in garro's thread and what I see is your own problem. I don't want to hijack garro's thread. I might give you some comments by starting a new thread later.

I just can't see caring enough for someone else's family to give them money.

They didn't earn it. They didn't help me earn it. I didn't know they existed when I earned it. Why should they get it?

I've had my marriage certifcate translated. There's nothing on there about taking care of the family.

My feelings exactly. Good for you Pal. If more of us Stupid Farangs stuck to our guns we would all be a lot better off!

I can only agree with one word of your post. That is the word "Stupid"! Posts like this makes me wonder if all farangs have this same mentality. Pathetic! Selfish! And you guys think of yourselves as saints! :o

So you would watch your wife's mother starve, or suffer illness because you feel like "sticking to your guns"?

Do you understand that there is no social security to care for the elderly?

Ignoring your partners parents is shameful and irresponsible. I'm sure those that do have lost all respect in the eyes of their spouse.

Any cost incurred is minimal by farang standards, refusing to part with a few bucks to help the elderly or infirm parents of the one you love is just plain cruel.

I for one could not live with myself.

It amazes me people can be so heartless.

pumpuiman, you are a gem!

I has a Thai can only say married my daughter. We will take care of you good

And girlx, you think thais are bad? Look at your fellow farangs. They suck!

How can they marry a woman and have so little respect for her?

well i think that applies only to an extent. thais do tend to go overboard in milking their farangs. if the mother is seriously ill, of course one should help her. if she just wants a bigger house, that's her problem.

So it's 50/50, Thais using farangs and vice versa.

What's new here?

Some in-laws and other more tenuous family members will naturally try to jump the gravy train if they think you'll sit still for it.

Why not leave your gift of money for birthdays and other special occasions so they learn it's a special concession.

Then note how they spend (or waste it).

The idea of being a punter for a whole extended family is a little bizarre to me anyway.

I think it would rock the boat for me if I were married to a Thai.

well i think that applies only to an extent. thais do tend to go overboard in milking their farangs. if the mother is seriously ill, of course one should help her. if she just wants a bigger house, that's her problem.

yes I get it. but when thais are used by farangs you hardly ever notice it from within the farangs. you only see the surface.

Go and sit in a go go bar and see how farangs humiliate the thais! (this is just a small part of it!)

Not to mention how they are treated when they are in the hotel room.

Don't the Thais in that case get paid and willingly engage in the "humiliation"?

yes i had the misfortune to overhear a guy badly mistreat a bargirl in his room next to mine in kanchanaburi. the walls were paper thin. farangs definitely can be as bad or worse than thais when it comes to heartlessness.

yes i had the misfortune to overhear a guy badly mistreat a bargirl in his room next to mine in kanchanaburi. the walls were paper thin. farangs definitely can be as bad or worse than thais when it comes to heartlessness.

Well there are bad people in every culture, but I don't think you can generalize on all Thais or all Farangs being bad based on this.

Go and sit in a go go bar and see how farangs humiliate the thais! (this is just a small part of it!)

Don't the Thais in that case get paid and willingly engage in the "humiliation"?

I'll give you time to digest your own words.

Sorry no time. Don't the farangs willingly make themselves suckers?

I'll give you time to digest your own words.

Why would I need to digest my own words? I'm not trying to make anything seem better than it really is, but your example of Thais being humiliated in gogo bars is a bit off the path here. Anyone that works in a gogo bar knows they will be dancing wearing bikinis or even less and there will be Farangs, as well as Thais, looking at them.