Oil change kilometers?

3 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Not only with a car , my honda Xadv when fully emptied takes 3.4 litres of oil and i use fully synthetic repsol racing 800 baht a bottle so 4 bottles . 

Fully synthetic should be in the 200-400THB range, depending on the brand, somebody is overcharging you.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Not only with a car , my honda Xadv when fully emptied takes 3.4 litres of oil and i use fully synthetic repsol racing 800 baht a bottle so 4 bottles . 

I see. Well, I guess every 5000 to 8000 kilometers will do as well. ????

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

Fully synthetic should be in the 200-400THB range, depending on the brand, somebody is overcharging you.

You are right i am sorry i bought 2 bottles for 800 baht ???? my bad so i needed 4 bottles total 1600 baht . But i wanted to buy the axcact same oil at Honda Big Wing shop where i bought my bike and they charge 550 baht for 1 bottle so they are overcharging for sure . Didn't buy them there to be clear ????

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

I see. Well, I guess every 5000 to 8000 kilometers will do as well. ????

Bought 1 bottle 400 baht sorry my bad but still 4 bottles 1600baht so every 5000 to 8000 kilometers sounds about right ????

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2021 at 7:51 AM, jackdd said:

I'm quite certain there isn't a single manufacturer who says oil change should be every 5k kilometers (Maybe some super fancy supersport cars, but not "regular" cars)

In USA yes, because those people are good at listening and following BS, it's easier than trying to think ????

On 4/30/2021 at 9:43 AM, G Rex said:

My Dad , an accomplished mechanic, always said “ you will never wear an engine out by changing the oil too often” 

We always changed oil every 5k, oil & filter every 10k.

Manufacturers recommendation with Ford was 15k/12mths. Would do oil & filter at that stage, and oil only at 7.5k.

As others have said, with the mainly short trips that you do, I would be changing the oil now. Prevention is better than cure!

A real genius to change oil but not the filter every time...

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...