New restrictions in place in Chonburi, permission needed for travel out of province

snoop1130

Some off topic posts and replies have been removed, this topic is not about Australians are banned from returning from India.

Posts bickering about Facebook not being an original source have been removed. If the Facebook source is from a government agency, it is allowed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

The headline of this topic does not need to be changed as this topic is about:

As preventative measures are about to be increased in Chonburi, including in Pattaya, anyone wishing to travel outside of the province will need permission granted from the local district administration from Saturday (1 May).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aomelia said:

It basically is , everything closes so why go out

As I said in another post, you can still visit friends, or have friends visit you, and you can order in some company.  This was not so easy when a curfew was enforced.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BestB said:

Can not take the credit, but someone on FB said in any elections, studies, findings 98% is hailed as a great success, but not when it comes to Covid. Survival and full recovery rate for Covid is 98% and yet everyone only looks and considers the 2%, no attention is paid to the 98%

The 98% primarily consists of the young.  For those over 60, the statistics are more frightening.  Most  of the precautions worldwide are there to keep from sacrificing your grandparents.   Today, it was reported that Russia had 400,000 excess deaths in the last 6 months.  That represents a small percentage of the population as a whole.  Multiply it over the world and the number of deaths is in the millions.   Statistics in this case minimizes the absolute number of deaths and those disabled.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

This is getting too silly. 77 provinces all with their own rules. No one in overall control.

While all these petty bureaucrats in their various fancy uniforms try to throw their  weight around  they are probably totally unaware that Thailand is actually part of the same land mass as India. The Indian variant has already spread to Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh.

From Bangladesh it will spread through Burma, where there is no longer a functioning health service and into Thailand.

Thailand should seal the borders now! But how much would anyone like to bet that the criminals  in brown are still smuggling migrants across for 500 baht a pop.

This corrupt government has left the whole population in Thailand in terrible danger.

Anyone who can get out should do so as there are very very dark days ahead.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Just do your own research then and find somebody else to change your nappies.

I have already done it, and no newspaper mentions this news, as for diapers I think you need them, since I believe that you often fills them due to fear

1 hour ago, likerdup1 said:

Where did you actually read this? Please don't don't post opinions.. it creates further confusion.

Easy to do your own research. This is widely reported and definitely not my opinion.

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Curfew started at 10pm in Pattaya

There is no curfew. Business close early. But you can still go out. Nothing to do or see. But no curfew on personal travel.

17 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Just driven from Buriram to Pattaya

Not one stop.

No checks all the way.

And now I read that I need permission to leave next Sunday to catch a plane?

Not according to two other local news sources. It's unclear why this forum promoting this idea.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Not according to two other local news sources. It's unclear why this forum promoting this idea.

My wife just got back from Rayon. Not a single check point. But she was mostly on the new highway.

1 hour ago, Bradmeister said:

Lazy, it would behoove you to have your Doctor or med. Center, TO SEND YOU AN APPOINTMENT WITH LETTERHEAD OR LOGO. 

Last time, I just used an old bill. Worked great. They just waved me on. LOL

54 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

The 98% primarily consists of the young.  For those over 60, the statistics are more frightening.  Most  of the precautions worldwide are there to keep from sacrificing your grandparents.   Today, it was reported that Russia had 400,000 excess deaths in the last 6 months.  That represents a small percentage of the population as a whole.  Multiply it over the world and the number of deaths is in the millions.   Statistics in this case minimizes the absolute number of deaths and those disabled.

Has nothing to do with young or old but total number. Yeah an old guy with a failing heart gets Covid and dies 2 days earlier is no doubt tragic death caused by Covid , if there was no Covid he would have lived extra 2 days . Woohooo

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BestB said:

Has nothing to do with young or old but total number. Yeah an old guy with a failing heart gets Covid and dies 2 days earlier is no doubt tragic death caused by Covid , if there was no Covid he would have lived extra 2 days . Woohooo

Any medical examiner would call that a coronary failure, not Covid-19. You seem to believe either that physicians are stupid, or involved in a corrupt conspiracy.

Besides, what are the odds that someone is tested for Covid-19 and then dies of something else 2 days later? You need better tin foil for your hat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yes, but there's currently no curfew, so you can still be out late, with a small group of friends.  

Why not make it a post Songkran special event to celebrate how great this Government is doing.  Party on Wayne, Party on Garth......party like its 1995

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, BestB said:

What are you on about, Oh yeah Covid does not exist in your view to shorten someone's life as they were going to die anyway, is that your point?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

The official edict was published here last night, in Thai. The translation says travel outside Chonburi without permission is prohibited.

Cue the debate as to whether this prohibition will be enforced .......................

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What are you on about, Oh yeah Covid does not exist in your view to shorten someone's life as they were going to die anyway, is that your point?

I think the Denier was trying to say "he died with Covid, not from Covid", which is actually true for the extreme example he provided.  His goal was to create doubt about the large numbers of Covid deaths by providing that extreme example, implying that many other Covid deaths were actually people who died of other conditions.

The Deniers are insidious, because that's how their Hive Mind teaches them to mislead people and torture the Moderators here.

• Like 1

These rules and regulations are so chaotic, so inconsistent and so lacking in common sense and science based facts.

The one saving grace is that this administration has a real issue with consistency. So, anything put into place this week, is likely to either change, not be enforced, or be forgotten within two weeks. 

Plus, it would be quite hard for them to man every road in and out of the province. And does the same apply to people coming into the province? And if not, why not? 

Who to blame? Prayuth and Anutin. Never forget Samut. Never. And never forgive these guys. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

These rules and regulations are so chaotic, so inconsistent and so lacking in common sense and science based facts.

The one saving grace is that this administration has a real issue with consistency. So, anything put into place this week, is likely to either change, not be enforced, or be forgotten within two weeks. 

Plus, it would be quite hard for them to man every road in and out of the province. And does the same apply to people coming into the province? And if not, why not? 

Who to blame? Prayuth and Anutin. Never forget Samut. Never. And never forgive these guys. 

They can keep these restrictions in place for several months, reason being, they are reasonably effective in stopping the spread, and they do not unlock welfare payments, which I am sure these current restrictions were design not to do. 

I will be surprised if they are lifted in 2 weeks time.   

39 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Yes of course let's to keep these restrictions for lifetime so you'll be happy, crazy stuff

Edited by fleccer

22 hours ago, Kinnock said:

Yes - you can check in, but you can never leave.

If entry to Chonburi in uncontrolled, but exit is restricted, then eventually everyone will be stuck in Chonburi.  It's like a black hole ..... with a beach.

Struggling to understand how this helps to control COVID.

And with the LPGA golf taking place in Pattaya next week and the best pro female players in the world flying in will they get stuck in the Pattaya Black hole 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, fleccer said:

Yes of course let's to keep these restrictions for lifetime so you'll be happy, crazy stuff

Why would they stay a lifetime, and why do you say I would be happy if they did?  

51 minutes ago, Leaver said:

They can keep these restrictions in place for several months, reason being, they are reasonably effective in stopping the spread, and they do not unlock welfare payments, which I am sure these current restrictions were design not to do. 

They are closing the beach ????

tonight at 6-7 pm a lot of police along Pattaya beach

busy to take everybody outside of the sand

For now you can just exercise on the pavement along the beach side

gathering is prohibited, even the homeless have been send to another place

Edited by kingofthemountain

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

Seems Thai citizens are unlikely to experience any government assistance, either.  

That's why they are not calling it a lockdown, play on words to prevent paying anything to thier own people

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Why would they stay a lifetime, and why do you say I would be happy if they did?  

You said that you'll be surprised if they will be revoked the restrictions in two weeks. Sorry if I misunderstood