New restrictions in place in Chonburi, permission needed for travel out of province

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Ummm....this is to keep people at home to stop the spread of the virus. I hope you are aware it can spread even if you are on the beach.

What a rant.

Beaches are not major sources of virus spread according to various studies made in the  last year

18 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@jacko45k obviously your memory isnt very good, the first lockdown was still going even when they had no cases for 2 months and even when it started the numbers were nowhere near what they are now,they were a lot lower, so again i will say this will be a lot longer than a few weeks, mark my words. i really do hope im wrong but the lockdown has kicked in when the number have already started going down so that doesnt bode well, i think they're looking to get them down to zero again and stable at zero for a while,  so that will be a few months at least.

Businesses started reopening in May 2020....May 3rd, alcohol sales allowed, and restaurants reopened.

17th May Malls reopened....

June 1st more restrictions were lifted. MP were allowed to open.

Bars/ nightlife was early July I believe.

April 25th there were 53 cases in Thailand.

Maybe your memory isn't any better.

No question, this time round it is bigger and more serious. But we have vaccines coming.. when they pull the proverbial finger. 

Edited by jacko45k

7 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

The Pattaya News

1tS0ponlsoonlhred  · 

Final new Chonburi orders. There is not much change from the prior orders and CCSA orders and what we announced this afternoon. We will give a brief overview on tomorrow mornings video and daily Covid19 update but as very little has changed besides the national and prior directions we won't translate it tonight due to the late release. We will talk about checkpoints, beaches, outdoor exercise areas tomorrow morning.

+2

สำนักงานประชาสัมพันธ์จังหวัดชลบุรี - Chonburi PR

1tS1ponlsoonlhred  · 

The order of the Kor Kor. The epidemic of Chonburi province, 20/2564th, dated 30 April 2564

1. to cancel the order. The epidemic of Chonburi province. The 1/2564th is dated at 4 m. July 64 at 11/2564 dated 29 m. July 64, 18/2564th, dated 16 April. Nov. 64 and 19/2564 dated 17 Apr. Nov. 64

2. close the following locations

2.1 Entertainment service, pub, bar, karaoke, business, shower, massage.

2.2 rooster field. Practicing for boxing chicken everywhere.

2.3 cinemas, cinema, algae theater.

2.4 Snooker table, billiard, bowling, roller, blade everywhere.

2.5 Game shop, internet shop, computer service, game cabinet.

2.6 swimming pools, water parks, indoor and outdoor amusement parks.

2.7 Banquet service room, catering site

2.8. nursery, elderly care facility.

2.9 Phra market, Buddha statue, Buddha statue, everywhere.

2.10 Healthy Massage, Reflexology, traditional massage, spa, beauty clinic, weight loss service, tattoo, skin drill or any part of your body.

3. Set control measures for event venture locations to open under conditions.

3.1 Restaurant, drink cart, mineral, floating panel, restaurant, food park, cafeteria. Open for sale. Only take back to eat elsewhere. It can be opened until 21.00 pm. Refrain from eating alcoholic beverages and beverages in the shop.

3.2 Close the stadium, gym, gym, gym, fitness, except the stadium or gym location in the empty area. Open up no later than 21.00 pm. Competition can be held without audience

3.3 malls, commune malls. Open regular hours until 21.00 pm. Except for the game cabinet, playground, game shop and amusement park. Must stop servicing.

3.4 convenience stores open 24 hours for service 04.00 until 23.00 pm.

3.5 convenience stores, supermarkets, flea market, night market, river market, walking street. Open to operate normally but not over 23.00 pm.

4. Other locations besides No. 3, the owner of the site or responsible for doing the following.

4.1 Temperature measurement or screening of patients with pathway system.

4.2 Wear cloth mask or hygienic mask.

4.3 Distance between people at least 1 meters and limit the number of participants.

4.4 Make it happen with soap or hand washing alcohol gel.

4.5 Cleaning the place before the event.

4.6 Register to get in and out with the government's application.

5. Prohibited or organised events

5.1 Let people wear a sanitary mask when outside of Kehstan or in public or into community places all the time.

5.2 Stop using the seaside area, beach, reservoir, park in Chonburi province. It's a gathering place to eat or eat all kinds of drinks except for exercise and sports.

5.3 Don't organize events with more than 20 people gathering.

5.4 For people to stop travelling out of the area unnecessarily. If you need to avoid, inform about the documentation of the necessity at the district, local governance organization. The village's village's adult

5.5 Let the public stop catering, party, party, except traditional or family events.

5.6 Do not use the building or location of any school or school to organize the teaching, training, examination or any activity.

5.7 Government head in Chonburi province is prohibited.

6. Government sector that needs to serve many people and risk the epidemic. Provincial epidemic to consider orders to fit the situation.

7. flea marketplace, marketplace that doesn't open every day to have strictly controlled measures to prevent the epidemic.

8. Let local governing organisations in the area supervise market neatness.

9. markets in private sector governance for local governance organisations in the area to supervise neatness according to 7

10. measures to prevent the COVID-19 epidemic in establishments.

10.1 In case employee comes back from landscape or other provinces and comes back to work. The establishment / employer must take the following measures.

(1) Employees report travel information to employers. It consists of date, time, place, travel and daily activities.

(2) Establishment / employer must assess which employee is at risk or suspect that they are infected with COVID-19 because they are close to the infected person or go to crowded places that are risky for diseases like pub barcara. Oke, dense flea market, etc. holds 14 days in accommodation or places employer provides, allowing for sick leave or annual vacations or as agreed to observe symptoms. Employers must report to public health in the area. Too.

10.2 establishments / employers must provide public relations advice for preventing COVID-19 infections to employees. Provide alcohol gel soap or handwash points and all employees to wear hygienic mask all the time. Temperature and screening all employees before entering into their hands. Works including contact or attendants following public health measures.

10.3 cases risk of an outbreak in establishments such as many sick employees, consider pausing all or partially manufacturing services.

10.4 cases of establishments / employers provide accommodation for employees to prevent the COVID-19 epidemic in accordance with strict public health measures.

10.5 Let establishments consider taking work from home (work from home) accordingly.

11. Legalized migrant workers to travel across provincial areas under the following conditions.

11.1 Migrant workers 2 Groups. Business is 1) Cargo and 2) Construction contractor.

11.2 Before moving, you need to check COVID-19 by employer. Responsible and moving only for non-infected people.

11.3 Business owners must investigate the provincial provincial measures to move and follow the provincial guidelines.

12. Let the people, business owners, entrepreneurs take action considering working outside the location.

13. Let every district sheriff set up the center for Disease Control at district level (Prof. A.D. )

disobeyed, not following the orders, penalty according to the proposal. The epidemic of 2558 including the guilty of the blessing. Emergency 2548 and other laws involved

From May 1, 2564 until the order changes.

Download the order https://www.chonburipr.net/attachments/view/...

All they need to do is you are only allowed to travel within a 5 klm radius of your home ,unless for Work or Medical reasons.

It worked in Melbourne Australia for 8 months very well.

11 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

So do many false news sources and rumor mongers.  When a Thai department is using FB as a distribution  medium there must be an original source. FB is not a real website.

See what happened to some people's accounts on Twitter... 5555555

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Many Thai government organizations use Facebook to communicate information. Many.

Not just the Thai government, many governments use Facebook. But then what is communicated on this social media is taken up by the official media, newspapers and television. Which hasn't happened here, at least not yet

• Like 1

How can this be confirmed? Very conflicting information from different sources.

I have a friend in Bangkok that wants to come to Pattaya for a visit. This posts says travel to Chonburi is allowed.. getting out?? they gonna turn you back at a check point? How will this be enforced.. anybody see enforcement going on today? 

Anybody travel outside of Chonburi today without needing a "letter" of permission?

Anybody have any real world experience yet today? Post your real world experience of this restriction.. no guesses or opinion please... thank you kindly.

Edited by likerdup1

15 minutes ago, Mywayboy said:

All they need to do is you are only allowed to travel within a 5 klm radius of your home ,unless for Work or Medical reasons.

Oh hang on, I am 11 km out of town and not near many facilities. 

Edited by jacko45k

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

13 minutes ago, Mywayboy said:

What exactly does this accomplish? What worked and how in Melbourne?

23 minutes ago, bangsaenguy said:

Travel within and beyond the province
There are no formal restrictions in and out of Chonburi province, or within it, but people are requested not to leave their zone except in an emergency. However, other provinces may have different mobility rules which should be checked. There is currently no formal curfew in Chonburi, although police said they might politely question overnight car drivers as all public facilities are closed. Public and private sector staff are requested to work from home for the time being, wherever feasible. This is likely to mean that some public facilities and banks might introduce restricted hours for public attendance.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kevinsan said:

Travel within and beyond the province
There are no formal restrictions in and out of Chonburi province, or within it, but people are requested not to leave their zone except in an emergency. However, other provinces may have different mobility rules which should be checked. There is currently no formal curfew in Chonburi, although police said they might politely question overnight car drivers as all public facilities are closed. Public and private sector staff are requested to work from home for the time being, wherever feasible. This is likely to mean that some public facilities and banks might introduce restricted hours for public attendance.

The restrictions are that you should not travel unless absolutely necessary. And you may be stopped and ask for proof that your trip is necessary. And might have to back that up with paperwork from your local provincial office. Then again. You might not be stopped at all. LOL

This is a good article in plain English explaining the new restrictions. They do NOT mention anyone needing paper work to travel outside of Chonburi. Notice this article is from May 1. Anyone find anything different or actually see the Police putting up road blocks at the border please do us a favor and let us know.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-authorities-clear-up-lockdown-ambiguities-353411

2 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

The restrictions are that you should not travel unless absolutely necessary. And you may be stopped and ask for proof that your trip is necessary. And might have to back that up with paperwork from your local provincial office. Then again. You might not be stopped at all. LOL

Where did you actually read this? Please don't don't post opinions.. it creates further confusion.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Businesses started reopening in May 2020....May 3rd, alcohol sales allowed, and restaurants reopened.

17th May Malls reopened....

June 1st more restrictions were lifted. MP were allowed to open.

Bars/ nightlife was early July I believe.

April 25th there were 53 cases in Thailand.

Maybe your memory isn't any better.

No question, this time round it is bigger and more serious. But we have vaccines coming.. when they pull the proverbial finger. 

@jacko45k so my point entirely... more than a few weeks!! the restrictions last time started in mid march and schools were opened in july and bars as you mentioned was july, but restrictions wernt fully lifted till the end of july when apart from your nitpicking mentioning the one day they didnt have any cases for two months.   so do you honestly think it will be just a few weeks?

4 hours ago, cclub75 said:

And wait... for the other provinces to follow this insane order...

It's the thai method. Sneaky. To avoid shame... First a governor is doing it.. Then the others feel compelled to follow and even to overdo it... To look good versus central governement...

This method was used for compulsory masks with fine, then "soft curfews" etc. It's pathetic.

3rd World governance, for a country that should be doing better in 2021.   

12 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@jacko45k so my point entirely... more than a few weeks!! the restrictions last time started in mid march and schools were opened in july and bars as you mentioned was july, but restrictions wernt fully lifted till the end of july when apart from your nitpicking mentioning the one day they didnt have any cases for two months.   so do you honestly think it will be just a few weeks?

It didn't seem so bad or last so long, I went into the twilight zone. I always pick at

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

the first lockdown was still going even when they had no cases for 2 months

inaccurate statements like yours.....many restrictions had been lifted by mid June. Bars was July 1st. When the bars opened in July life seemed good for  a Pattaya Expat. The second 'lockdown' seemed over in no time. Although far fewer places bothered to open.

Edited by jacko45k

"5.5 Let the public stop catering, party, party, except traditional or family events. " Thank goodness I only party and don't "party, party"

Ok, I  rewrote hotel California few years back. Here's my last verse for your entertainment (hopefully)

Last thing I remember as she headed for the door

"You help family me, maybe pay a little more"

"Forget it" I said "That's all you'll receive"

"I don't pay you to stay with me..... I pay you to leave"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It didn't seem so bad or last so long, I went into the twilight zone. I always pick at

inaccurate statements like yours.....many restrictions had been lifted by mid June. When the bars opened in July life seemed good for  a Pattaya Expat. The second 'lockdown' seemed over in no time. Although far fewer places bothered to open.

@jacko45k hey i dont want to get into a silly argument about it,but would you agree that it is more than likely to be more than a few weeks?  as i asked you in the last post and you still havent answered. surely by quoting how the first lockdown went, you must realise and admit that it is going to be at least a couple of months and not a few weeks?

"Banglamung District Office and the Muang Pattaya District Office, which are open from 8.30am to 4pm daily."

Please be aware, Pattaya city hall only doing this paperwork Mon-Fri.  Weekends means a trip to Banglamung Amphur. 

As I just discovered .........

1 hour ago, fleccer said:

Maybe we didn't understand each other, I demand a reliable source. For starters I can't read the Thai writing, but apart from this, I don't see today's date on that document but only a 2019 today we are in 2021
Try again you will be luckier

Just do your own research then and find somebody else to change your nappies.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

I live in Rayong... right next to Chonburi and have to go to hospital there on a regular basis... can I go in from Rayong, then out?

Sounds silly but just curious...

Lazy, it would behoove you to have your Doctor or med. Center, TO SEND YOU AN APPOINTMENT WITH LETTERHEAD OR LOGO. 

9 minutes ago, paulikens said:

@jacko45k hey i dont want to get into a silly argument about it,but would you agree that it is more than likely to be more than a few weeks?  as i asked you in the last post and you still havent answered. surely by quoting how the first lockdown went, you must realise and admit that it is going to be at least a couple of months and not a few weeks?

I think I confirmed things are worse this time around..... a few months might even be optimistic, like the long pub closures in the UK (still closed indoors to mid May). As I said though, this time there are vaccines around....  and Thailand got things under control before. 

I am rather an optimist.