One dead/51 others infected from Thai justice minister's Songkran restaurant party

webfact

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

teenage pretties don't die from covid, but elderly wifes might.

it wasn't sex party, just songkran do

The party was based on ego and I think 2 elderly Poo Yai getting gratification from water poured on their hands and kowtowing at their feet. Nothing more nothing less. This was on the Thai news end of last week.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

justice minister Somsak Thepsuthin has now proved to be responsible for 52 Covid cases. 

With the greatest respect for all the infected victims, in HIS case, justice has been served for his injustice and selfish behavior!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

There were 21 infections directly related to attendees at the party and these included 18 being treated in the province.

One was the owner of the restaurant who then infected 31 members of his own family. 

Three of the party attendees went to Bangkok where one woman died. Her husband was also infected as was an associate of the justice minister.

Do as I say not as I do springs to mind... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

3 went to Bangkok and infected others. The women who died was the wife of an associate of the justice minister, that was the women that died so what about the other 2 ? Also it is unclear exactly who this associate was. It did not say a co-worker. My guess it was still 3 pretties bought in and then they returned to BKK

Well, maybe its a wild guess but I'd say the woman in the picture that they have ringed is most likely the one who died and, even with the blurred face, she definitely doesn't look like a pretty.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am surprised that the media actually got to report on this, why isn't there any other ministers or government officials trying to quash this as usual ?

Too busy covering their own tracks maybe?

• Like 1

Thailand is killing itself with everything being open no really control over traveling they will never get the virus not to spread the government has been very late and rolling out the vaccine and the vaccine a God who knows how effective it really is they are blocking private hospitals from getting other vaccines and I really think Thailand has handled the visus Totally wrong with miles being open till 9 o’clock in all stores being open the virus will spread who really knows the real number of people infected with the virus they do such limited testing very unreliable TIT

• Like 1

So will the family of the deceased be suing him for compensation, along with those who were infected, surely he has vicarious liability?

Did he not breach also regultions, legislation, guidelines ? Are those breaches being investigated for possible criminal charges?

Has he been stood down?

• Haha 1

What our government feared most is now a reality..... 

The disease now spreads into the Justice system, the immigration system, Healthcare system and soon into the higher archive of our parliamentary and Ministry systems.

Its eminent. Its here, and its not going away anytime soon. .  

It’s called leading by example. First the Thonglor cluster started by ministers, here a super spreader event hosted by a different  minister, and maskless cabinet meeting led by the prime minister. They clearly don’t care whether their actions lead to citizens getting infected. Dangerous days lie ahead... 

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 2