Success registering for vaccine, Mor Prom app

Peterw42

Just for the record, I registered yesterday (started the thread)

It took a good couple of hours and the system was coming back with all the incorrect data messages, a circle on the screen loading for 2-3 minutes then an error message or dropping back to the screen you were just on etc. 

Me and wife were watching a movie and taking it in turns to pick up the phone , re-enter data and press send again, it was turning into a game over who would take the rubbish out. I gave up and took the rubbish out, but wife persisted. Eventually she kept entering the "same data" and bingo, it went through. 

Yes, the system may have been changed to not accept foreigners but i also think the system may just be completely overloaded (it was overloaded yesterday before anyone knew about it). 16 million people in this first round of over 60s vaccinations, all trying to access the same app/site, and the app trying to do a data match with a clunky old server.

It would be interesting to see if anyone has success later tonight or early morning.

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

Not sure, what you do or what app you are using.. my number on the back starts with "B" followed by all numbers and was accepted by the app... nothing about 2 letters...

Same with me but nothing doing. 

Ok so as an expat / foreigner living in Thailand , one is included in the vaccination programme and now one can register by an App to get vaccinated !!  Brilliant !!  But does this App give one a choice of vaccines ??   If only the Sinovac then totally unsuitable for myself as I am over 70 .  The Prime minister had the Astra Zenica one as Sinovac unsuitable for him !!

Complete waste of time unless the App specifies different vaccines for different categories of people and advises / informs which one to choose !!  

17 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Ok so as an expat / foreigner living in Thailand , one is included in the vaccination programme and now one can register by an App to get vaccinated !!  Brilliant !!  But does this App give one a choice of vaccines ??   If only the Sinovac then totally unsuitable for myself as I am over 70 .  The Prime minister had the Astra Zenica one as Sinovac unsuitable for him !!

Complete waste of time unless the App specifies different vaccines for different categories of people and advises / informs which one to choose !!  

There are only two vaccinations relevant to this situation.  If you are over 70 you won' t be getting Sinovac as not authorized by Thai FDA to administer to 60 or older.  So you would be getting AstraZeneca.  You don't have a choice, at present, and in my opinion not for the foreseeable future either.

There are no other vaccines in Thailand, lots of discussion, though.

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

This first round of vaccinations is for over 60s and it has been widely published that it will be the locally produced AZ vaccine.

7 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Ok so as an expat / foreigner living in Thailand , one is included in the vaccination programme and now one can register by an App to get vaccinated

If you had read the last two pages of this thread you would have noticed that it's not possible anymore, and that it was possible yesterday was probably a mistake.

8 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

But does this App give one a choice of vaccines ??   If only the Sinovac then totally unsuitable for myself as I am over 70 .  The Prime minister had the Astra Zenica one as Sinovac unsuitable for him !!

The government said already that you won't be able to choose. But I'm quite certain that the doctor will only administer a vaccine that's FDA approved for the person.

9 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

Most expatriates can't get included since most expatriates don't have a pink card.I am lucky enough to have one but will not be signing up with Mor Prom.I will use a private sector hospital and am, living a secluded life, prepared to wait a few months.But most expatriates have been left in the lurch and the embassies/government are doing nothing practical to help.

26 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Most expatriates can't get included since most expatriates don't have a pink card.I am lucky enough to have one but will not be signing up with Mor Prom.I will use a private sector hospital and am, living a secluded life, prepared to wait a few months.But most expatriates have been left in the lurch and the embassies/government are doing nothing practical to help.

In all this kerfuffle with the app, I have missed one point: if I was successful in getting registered on the app, (I have the pink ID), is the vaccination only at government hospitals? I was under the impression that I had a choice of hospital, including the private one I use, BNH in Bangkok.

5 minutes ago, samtam said:

In all this kerfuffle with the app, I have missed one point: if I was successful in getting registered on the app, (I have the pink ID), is the vaccination only at government hospitals? I was under the impression that I had a choice of hospital, including the private one I use, BNH in Bangkok.

At the moment only government hospitals are listed, but private hospitals may be added in the future.  It's very early days.  Vaccinations aren't scheduled to start in this phase until June 7.

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, samtam said:

Its only Gov hospitals at this stage, although the privates are listed in the app you cannot select them and get an appointment. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, skatewash said:

At the moment only government hospitals are listed, but private hospitals may be added in the future.  It's very early days.  Vaccinations aren't scheduled to start in this phase until June 7.

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its only Gov hospitals at this stage, although the privates are listed in the app you cannot select them and get an appointment. 

Thanks skatewash & Peter42. Given the (understandable) panic rush to register, it is probably wiser to wait until things have calmed down both in terms of the numbers registering, and the availability of private hospitals to administer the vax. The latter possibly has the added benefit of more choice in brands, although generally speaking the pro and anti brand argument is not very rational, unless it's a vax like Sinovac which might not be suitable for someone of my age.

7 minutes ago, samtam said:

Thanks skatewash & Peter42. Given the (understandable) panic rush to register, it is probably wiser to wait until things have calmed down both in terms of the numbers registering, and the availability of private hospitals to administer the vax. The latter possibly has the added benefit of more choice in brands, although generally speaking the pro and anti brand argument is not very rational, unless it's a vax like Sinovac which might not be suitable for someone of my age.

If you're over 60 you don't have  to worry about getting Sinovac as Thai FDA doesn't permit that use.  You would be getting AstraZeneca.  Actually, pretty much everyone will be getting AstraZeneca in Thailand as that's what's going to be produced locally.  I don't think we'll see any other vaccines.  Would love to be proven wrong about that prediction.  We'll see what we will see.

I'm still failing on the first page and wondering if it's the way my name has been entered into the system?

To try and explain, in case others have overcome the same problem:

I see it tells you to enter your name without the title - that must mean without Mr/Mrs/etc?

On my pink card it has exactly:

นายFFFF   MMMM   SSSS    

My first name is in the title field, with no space between นาย and FFFF

FFFF - my first name   MMMM - middle name  SSSS - surname (all these in Thai script obviously)

When filling the form in, I've tried options of:

First name: 1) FFFF MMMM    2)  FFFF     3) FFFFMMMM     4) MMMM

Surname: SSSS

I entered the number on the back, without spaces as requested  e.g.  B1234567

Every time it fails, telling me to enter the details correctly.

13 minutes ago, skatewash said:

If you're over 60 you don't have  to worry about getting Sinovac as Thai FDA doesn't permit that use.  You would be getting AstraZeneca.  Actually, pretty much everyone will be getting AstraZeneca in Thailand as that's what's going to be produced locally.  I don't think we'll see any other vaccines.  Would love to be proven wrong about that prediction.  We'll see what we will see.

Thats what all the news reports say, I dont know how anyone has missed it and under the impression it will be sinovac.

The is a report every couple of days, Thailand to manufacture AZ, AZ factory about to open etc

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/astrazeneca-will-remain-thailands-primary-vaccine-insists-health-minister

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm still failing on the first page and wondering if it's the way my name has been entered into the system?

To try and explain, in case others have overcome the same problem:

I see it tells you to enter your name without the title - that must mean without Mr/Mrs/etc?

On my pink card it has exactly:

นายFFFF   MMMM   SSSS    

My first name is in the title field, with no space between นาย and FFFF

FFFF - my first name   MMMM - middle name  SSSS - surname (all these in Thai script obviously)

When filling the form in, I've tried options of:

First name: 1) FFFF MMMM    2)  FFFF     3) FFFFMMMM     4) MMMM

Surname: SSSS

I entered the number on the back, without spaces as requested  e.g.  B1234567

Every time it fails, telling me to enter the details correctly.

Is  นายFFF MMMM   SSSS    all on one line on ID card ?

or is it 

1st line :    นายFFF MMMM 

2nd line:  SSSS 

If its all on one line it would be entered as that in one field in the app

Are you doing all the vowel characters correctly ?

My number on back of card is B12345678, 8 digits not 7

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Is  นายFFF MMMM   SSSS    all on one line on ID card ?

or is it 

If its all on one line it would be entered as that in one field in the app

Are you doing all the vowel characters correctly ?

My number on back of card is B12345678, 8 digits not 7

It's thIs:

You're correct it is eight digits. I counted incorrectly - but only to write this post, I can assure you.

Yes, I spelt my name correctly on the form.

My wife did it as well, but got fed up after two failed attempts.

On 5/1/2021 at 5:18 PM, 4MyEgo said:

my wife has successfully registered me on the Mor Prom App with my Pink ID Card,

We tried that a few times, but without  a two Letters and ten Numbers as found on the back of the ID cards, and that the back of the Pink card does not have, the App gives an error message: data entry not correct.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Anant72 said:

I used my pink ID card and filled ever box, except the number which is supposed to be on the back of the card but does not look like the model they give, I.e JT9999999999. There is indeed a number on the back of my card but it has one letter and 8 figures. I filled the corresponding box, then pressed “next” and got a message asking me to fill out the proper info. I am stuck there. Any idea?

I entered the number from the back of the card (which like yours is just one letter then figures) and ti went through OK (eventually). This was yesterday.

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

If you had read the last two pages of this thread you would have noticed that it's not possible anymore, and that it was possible yesterday was probably a mistake.

We have had a report of someone succeeding today.

So it is apparently still possible though most people are reporting failure.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It's thIs:

You're correct it is eight digits. I counted incorrectly - but only to write this post, I can assure you.

Yes, I spelt my name correctly on the form.

My wife did it as well, but got fed up after two failed attempts.

You should enter exactly as on the card but without the title

So in your case

First name: FFF MMMM

Last name: SSSS

When I did it successfully yesterday it took me a solid 2 hours of nonstop constant re-entering. Every time I got an error message  I clicked "OJK" and then resubmitted, on and on. Periodically it would time me out and I'd have to start over (though it retained my name and card # between attempts, at least).

2 attempts is nothing. Even 10 is nothing. You literally have to keep at it nonstop.

Might try middle of the night if you are up then as perhaps site will be less crowded.

By the way it was exactly the same with online  vaccine registration in the US in the beginning. Only instead of 2 hours it took me 2 full days to register my aunt & uncle.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I entered the number from the back of the card (which like yours is just one letter then figures) and ti went through OK (eventually). This was yesterday.

I have a pink ID card (beginning with 6) and decided to try to register just now, if only to receive satisfaction that -- for once -- the pink card actually has some value.  (I was motivated by various articles saying that the system would accept pink card ID numbers entered by foreigners.)

I have read through this thread, including various posts suggesting that the system has since been modified to reject foreigners.  But It's not clear to me how people even got as far as entering their name and the number from the back of the card.  When I try to create a new account by entering my 13-digit ID number and phone number (to receive OTP), nothing happens:  except a new window (in black) opens, describing the eligibility criteria.  This goes away when clicking OK.   I didn't read about anyone else having trouble receiving the One-Time-Password. 

Am I missing something?   Is "not sending the OTP" the typical (default) Thai way of saying foreigners are not eligible to use the Mor Prom app (without any other explanation or error message)?

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You should enter exactly as on the card but without the title

So in your case

First name: FFF MMMM

Last name: SSSS

When I did it successfully yesterday it took me a solid 2 hours of nonstop constant re-entering. Every time I got an error message  I clicked "OJK" and then resubmitted, on and on. Periodically it would time me out and I'd have to start over (though it retained my name and card # between attempts, at least).

2 attempts is nothing. Even 10 is nothing. You literally have to keep at it nonstop.

Might try middle of the night if you are up then as perhaps site will be less crowded.

By the way it was exactly the same with online  vaccine registration in the US in the beginning. Only instead of 2 hours it took me 2 full days to register my aunt & uncle.

I had the same experience, it literally took 20 attempts.

Eventually the "same" data gets accepted.

I tend to think the system is just overloaded

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, longnightdog said:

I can't find it via Line

Open LINE and scan this QR code

No description available.

Edited by Peterw42

1 minute ago, treetops said:

As with your OP, scanning that appears to be asking me to become Friends with the MOPH's "Doctor Ready".  Is that what should happen?

Yes, become friend then it all appears in the chat

10 minutes ago, jsnuk said:

After downloading the app and using it for the first time, what is the next step?  What should happen?

Its not an app you download, its a contact you add to LINE.

Scan the QRcode, add the "doctor ready" contact, open a chat with the contact, interact with what's on the chat screen. its more or less a website via a line chat.

(its all in Thai, so you will ned someone to read Thai)

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1