Success registering for vaccine, Mor Prom app

Peterw42

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

The gov announced today that the Mor Prom app registration is not for foreigners? All you pink card  holders can relax, its not for you, it never was.  

Did you orgasm just a little bit on reading that news ????? ????

.... Or did you pee with excitement, just a little bit, before rushing to reply to as many threads involving the Pink ID as possible ???? ????

Lets see what happens next month....  You are probably right, but I sense you will get a strong degree of enjoyment at the news any foreigner in a high risk group who registered with Mohpromt gets rejected....   the word is schadenfreude !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, samtam said:

I'm not clear whether if one is successful using the Mor Prom app using the Pink ID card, whether it will be honoured when you pitch up. I suppose no one will know until the first confirmed booking (7 June AFAIK) proceeds without a hitch.

Latest is we shouldn't be using the Mor Prom App, as it's for Thai's only.

They said they will have an App for us to use shortly, so keep an eye open, in the mean time, keep that appointment in case they do a flip flop on that, and say, those who made an appointment on the Mor Prom App continue with the appointment (common sense), and all others without the Pink ID or those who haven't been able to get on to the Mor Prom App, use this new App.

But don't expect anything to be honky dory when it comes to technology, e.g. 90 reporting online.

Edited by 4MyEgo

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Did you orgasm just a little bit on reading that news ????? ????

.... Or did you pee with excitement, just a little bit, before rushing to reply to as many threads involving the Pink ID as possible ???? ????

Lets see what happens next month....  You are probably right, but I sense you will get a strong degree of enjoyment at the news any foreigner in a high risk group who registered with Mohpromt gets rejected....   the word is schadenfreude !

No, I just shook my head in disbelief at the gullibility of some people. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Pilotman said:

The gov announced today that the Mor Prom app registration is not for foreigners? All you pink card  holders can relax, its not for you, it never was.  

Well, you're basically right.

I suspect the truth is closer to what Sheryl's been suggesting. That it probably wasn't designed to INTENTIONALLY exclude expats, but more like expats registering on it didn't even cross their minds. In effect the same thing. I certainly hope people that already have bookings that way have their bookings fulfilled. But I wouldn't count on it. However, there is a special place in vaccine hell for the expats who posted here in GLOATING and INSULTING ways, doing superior expat dances that they had the magic Thai number and "bad" expats did not (implying we didn't really deserve vaccines, we're not Thai-y enough). So there!

• Like 1

I have registered with the Mor Prom line app 3 times now.  Every time it tells me I am registered but never gives me an option to choose a hospital or date.  All I get is a message that I am now registered and can close the app.  I am based in Loei so that might be the reason.

2 hours ago, Sir Bogdiver said:

I have registered with the Mor Prom line app 3 times now.  Every time it tells me I am registered but never gives me an option to choose a hospital or date.  All I get is a message that I am now registered and can close the app.  I am based in Loei so that might be the reason.

That's odd.

Have you considered that the app is trying to tell you something?

Isn't using that app that wasn't intended for use by expats a bit like crashing a party? But in this case it's the app crashing your vaccine party of one.

I was able to book a slot through Mor Prom at my private hospital for myself & my husband this afternoon. I was skeptical, given the variety of reports; I used my pink ID, and his pink ID, and my wizard condo office staff. I have a date. I have the hospital, (BNH, Bangkok). Is it for real? We shall see. In between my appointment, and others who have done the same with an earlier appointment date, we shall see, and contingencies made, if required.

I / my staff used the kindly assisted information given by others on TV,  that the laser number should be written with [space] between 1st letter and first digit. Thereafter, no spaces.

Hope others can enjoy this (potential?) success, to be proven at the point of entry, (of the needle).

Edited by samtam
clarification
  • Like 1

Apologies if this is old news but there are so many threads on this topic it is hard to keep track .

UPDATE RE: SINOVAC 

I’ll drop this here as it is relevant to the Mor Prom app and to make those aware , who have successfully registered, that Thailand has now stated that Sinovac will be used on people over 60 years old .

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000637

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Apologies if this is old news but there are so many threads on this topic it is hard to keep track .

UPDATE RE: SINOVAC 

I’ll drop this here as it is relevant to the Mor Prom app and to make those aware , who have successfully registered, that Thailand has now stated that Sinovac will be used on people over 60 years old .

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000637

Well, with that volte face, I think I might do the same. Plan A may now be in jeopardy, so move on to Plan B - wait for the private hospital farang rollout.

The announcement says "over 60s will have a choice of Sinovac or AZ". This follows on from recent announcements that there would be "no choice".

Another day, another flip flop.

1 hour ago, samtam said:

Well, with that volte face, I think I might do the same. Plan A may now be in jeopardy, so move on to Plan B - wait for the private hospital farang rollout.

The announcement says "over 60s will have a choice of Sinovac or AZ". This follows on from recent announcements that there would be "no choice".

Yes, I also believe there will be “ no choice “ for the free vaccine.

To go from “ vaccines are in short supply “ to “ you will have a choice “ overnight seems unlikely to me.

Also think  that private hospitals will have 1 choice of vaccine initially, maybe towards the end of the year more choices will be available.

My 72 yr old Mil has a booked jab on June 7th , yesterday health workers went to her home, gave her a test and told her she would receive Sinovac next month.

Now , she is panicking, take the dodgy vaccine or miss her chance altogether .

So much for a choice !!

what does it mean when you get as far as submit application and then it says close window, has it gone through or not? I did it using the ID number on my tax card having no pink card and it went through past where you state over 60, asks people in general, no idea what that means so said yes then submit, that was it. I imagine it failed then?

3 hours ago, samtam said:

which one do we 'take out of context'? if it's the Chinese one they can keep it

I got as far as selecting hospital off a list but it would not accept it, kept asking to do again. In the end called the hospital but nobody knew anything, in the end got through to somebody who took details and then announced over 60 not for foreigner, Thai only, christ on a bike!

• Sad 1

It seems they fixed the Maw Prom LINE app to accept foreigner's pink cards.  Another name for pink card is magnetic strip ID, versus Smart ID for Thai. There is now a button to select:

[magnetic card without reverse number]

When you select this, the reverse number entry disappears.  I can now get in for the first time, I did not explore further.  This suggests they are also working on passport number entry, which is a tougher problem.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, rabas said:

It seems they fixed the Maw Prom LINE app to accept foreigner's pink cards.  Another name for pink card is magnetic strip ID, versus Smart ID for Thai. There is now a button to select:

[magnetic card without reverse number]

When you select this, the reverse number entry disappears.  I can now get in for the first time, I did not explore further.  This suggests they are also working on passport number entry, which is a tougher problem.

That's interesting and it would suggest that maybe such appointments will be honored. 

But still unclear. 

Remember a completely separate tool presumably with English option has been said to be coming.

I'm surprised the tax number worked but did not finish with an appointment. The local hospital did ring back after the Mrs wanted to speak to someone senior. Same message as when we called the local government one last week- no have policy from government yet for foreigner over 60. I wonder what will happen when those with an appt off Mor Prom turn up at these places in June if they have still not received a policy? Shambles so far.

On 5/2/2021 at 4:16 PM, LawrenceN said:

What were your "numerous tries" like? All I ever got was a message in Thai saying, "Please enter your data correctly," with an "agree" button. Did you do something a little different on your last try that allowed it to work? 

1. Initially entered my name in English and failed. Then asked my Thai wife to enter in Thai.

2. DOB, i was entering English calendar year rather than Thai.

3. Entering the number at the back of the card, Initially, without any space after the first letter. However, in my first attempt with a space after the first letter worked.

Since then I wanted to change my appointment time. The Line app allowed me to change itit, without any problem. 

• Like 1

I have permanent residence and have the pink card, i have tried to register with my pink card but spent considerable time last night receiving a Pop Up saying the system was busy
please try in 5 minutes then this morning the message changed to Enter Correct Information.

I am a little confused and would like advise if its available.
As per the attached file

As per the Pink Card:
i have used as the card number the 13 digit number on the top of the pink card. (Top of the  Mor Por form)
I have used the 11 digit number below my photograph on my card (Bottom of the Mor Por form)

Can anyone advise if i have filled the Mor Por form correctly or am i missing something.

Thanks 

Screenshot_2021-05-10 หมอพร้อม(3).png

The numbers entered are in the right place.

But see the first big green pull-down?  It's asking you to "Choose the type of your ID card"
"If there is no number on the back of the card"
"ID card, smart card"
"Magnetic strip ID card"
"No number on the back of the card"

Currently, you have selected that you have a "ID card, smart card" and then have correctly entered the number from the back of your pink ID

I suggest you try picking the second options (one right below the one you picked, circled in red) for "Magnetic strip ID card" "No number on the back of the card" and then do not enter the number from the back of your pink ID where you.  That is, leave it blank or make it blank.

Inked380724558_Screenshot_2021-05-10(3).png.d628fd6a4c2ac520af5cb67e8f66fab9_LI.jpg

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 5:11 PM, Swiss1960 said:

Not sure, what you do or what app you are using.. my number on the back starts with "B" followed by all numbers and was accepted by the app... nothing about 2 letters...

Good for you.

I successfully registered using the App 1 or 2 days after it came on line with appointment for vaccine on 7 June at a specific private hospital. Today afternoon I went to the same hospital with my wife and noticed a queue for a vaccine. Joined the queue, showed my ID card and could have had the Sinovac vaccine today, with 2nd vaccine in 3 weeks. Decided for obvious reasons to wait for Astra Zeneca and also so that if there are any side effects we do not have the potential to have them at the same time.

The process was very well organised and for my wife took about 45 minutes from joining the queue to completion of 15 minutes post vaccine and check of blood pressure. Apart from this very friendly staff who did not ask why we had joined the queue.

Tried on May 1 and got as far as hospital then messed it up could never get it to work again until today, must have tried over 50 times. Got an appt for June 14 not wanting to go the first few days, Registered just using the number on my tax card, 13 digits, so you do not need a pink card for the app to work. Don't understand why so many tries are needed.

Edited by clivebaxter
  • Like 1

Well using my pink card my wife has just managed to book me an appointment at Sri Racha hospital on 9th may. This must have been her 20th attempt .

Lets see how it goes ,if its sinovac i wont have it ,to old with heart condition,it did ask many questiones about my health issues it seems.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Well using my pink card my wife has just managed to book me an appointment at Sri Racha hospital on 9th may. This must have been her 20th attempt .

Lets see how it goes ,if its sinovac i wont have it ,to old with heart condition,it did ask many questiones about my health issues it seems.

9th of May has past mate! Chinese one is the worst, but better than nothing, gamble to wait for the good ones. 

Edited by clivebaxter

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 12:09 PM, Jingthing said:

Well, you're basically right.

I suspect the truth is closer to what Sheryl's been suggesting. That it probably wasn't designed to INTENTIONALLY exclude expats, but more like expats registering on it didn't even cross their minds. In effect the same thing. I certainly hope people that already have bookings that way have their bookings fulfilled. But I wouldn't count on it. However, there is a special place in vaccine hell for the expats who posted here in GLOATING and INSULTING ways, doing superior expat dances that they had the magic Thai number and "bad" expats did not (implying we didn't really deserve vaccines, we're not Thai-y enough). So there!

I didn't actually notice any pink cardholders gloating, but likewise there must be a hell for those savoring the news that MoProm was not designed for pink cardholders, and gleefully predicting the appointments will not be honored. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, sabaijai said:

I didn't actually notice any pink cardholders gloating, but likewise there must be a hell for those savoring the news that MoProm was not designed for pink cardholders, and gleefully predicting the appointments will not be honored. Time will tell.

Quote: Hospitals have uploaded 16 million targeted names. Those who do not find their names in the system will not be able to register.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210429140959140

• Like 1