Success registering for vaccine, Mor Prom app

Peterw42

Wife got me booked in for 7th June here in Udon Thani using Pink Card.

Wife was told it was for the Astra Zen Vaccine (that info she got from a friend that works for public health) but we will see.

Its for over 60s and those with certain health conditions according to my wife.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Is this only open for people over 60? Or? 

I'm a permanent resident, 57, I am retired but not 60 yet. I chose monthly pension so not contributing to the health care system any longer. I get an error on the first page in the line app, "please fill in correctly..." but I already have, perhaps except the laser code that blue ID cards have. Pink ID cards don't have it, there's another number but it doesn't work if I fill it in.

I would assume that retired Thais can register even though they don't contribute any longer, is it age or something else? Any idea?

It is open for several groups of people, 60+ just one category, you will choose the category that fits for you in one of the first screens of the app during the registration. As long as you have a pink card and match one of the categories, you can register and later choose the hospital and date of your choice. Whether you fit into a category at this time (i.e. health conditions), you have to find out for yourself.

You have two numbers on your pink card, the first one on front top (ID in 5 groups of digits, enter without the spaces) and the second a string in the white strip on the back in the lower left, mine having 3 blocks, the first block a uppercase character. Again, enter the full string without spaces.

It is open for anybody who have an ID in the Thai person register (which is your ID on the card), no matter whether you ever paid into SS or not (I never did, but many Thai citizens working in the informal sector also never did).

• Thanks 2

HELP!  Did you Successful Guys also have to input the Number shown on the back of the Pink ID Card???? (my wife is telling me that is required - leaving it Blank has been unsuccessful, and it won't accept the number that is on the back  -  response is "details not correct")

46 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

It is open for several groups of people, 60+ just one category, you will choose the category that fits for you in one of the first screens of the app during the registration. As long as you have a pink card and match one of the categories, you can register and later choose the hospital and date of your choice. Whether you fit into a category at this time (i.e. health conditions), you have to find out for yourself.

You have two numbers on your pink card, the first one on front top (ID in 5 groups of digits, enter without the spaces) and the second a string in the white strip on the back in the lower left, mine having 3 blocks, the first block a uppercase character. Again, enter the full string without spaces.

It is open for anybody who have an ID in the Thai person register (which is your ID on the card), no matter whether you ever paid into SS or not (I never did, but many Thai citizens working in the informal sector also never did).

Re. the number on the reverse (second string) - mine is Upper Case Letter followed by two blocks  -  1st with 7 numbers; 2nd with one number.  Is yours the same  - and if so, did you have any problem inputting it???? (my wife entered the whole sequence as you outlined, but failed....) 

1 minute ago, dinga said:

Re. the number on the reverse (second string) - mine is Upper Case Letter followed by two blocks  -  1st with 7 numbers; 2nd with one number.  Is yours the same  - and if so, did you have any problem inputting it???? (my wife entered the whole sequence as you outlined, but failed....) 

yes, same on my card, entered it first time with the spaces, failed, second time without spaces, success. error messages are not really clear, only "review your input" or something like this, could be any other field, i.e. wrong entry in another field.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

yes, same on my card, entered it first time with the spaces, failed, second time without spaces, success. error messages are not really clear, only "review your input" or something like this, could be any other field, i.e. wrong entry in another field.

Thanks. 

Followed the same process exactly - and failed yet again......  the two number inputs are really the only ones that can be at fault.  Small hope it's the site - will try again after lunch (God this is frustrating....)

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I believe it is limited to the Chinese Sinovac at the moment, and maybe AZ.  

I am afraid so too.

And that keeps me away from trying to register even having pink card.

AZ would be OK, but Chinese water soup no.

Don't want to take the risk for a 50:50 chance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dinga said:

Thanks. 

Followed the same process exactly - and failed yet again......  the two number inputs are really the only ones that can be at fault.  Small hope it's the site - will try again after lunch (God this is frustrating....)

check your birthday, actually the birth year... make sure that you calculate it correctly into your Thai year of birth: 
Current year in Thai - Current Year in Europe + Birth year in Europe, for me this was 2564 - 2021 + 1960

1 hour ago, dinga said:

HELP!  Did you Successful Guys also have to input the Number shown on the back of the Pink ID Card???? (my wife is telling me that is required - leaving it Blank has been unsuccessful, and it won't accept the number that is on the back  -  response is "details not correct")

Same here. The app requests a number on the back starting with 2 letters, which the Thai ID card has. The pink card I have seen has a number starting with only 1 letter, so is not accepted by the app.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Its been widely published the vaccine will be the locally manufactured AZ.

"groups will be vaccinated between June 7 and July 31. By then, Siam Bioscience Co Ltd will be producing millions of AstraZeneca vaccine doses in Thailand, says the government. The firm should be able to provide 6 million doses in June and 10 million in July, according to officials."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/as-vaccination-booking-opens-in-thailand-who-can-get-jabs-and-how/

That would be good, as many people don't seem to trust the Sinovac.  However, it sounds like you're quoting a press release from Siam Bioscience / AZ!  There have been some reported problems with the AZ vaccine, especially for "younger women".  Richard Barrow has certainly been reporting that there will be no choice, and that Sinovac is still a possibility.

I think I will wait until we can choose (and pay for) the vaccine we prefer.

• Like 1

Being convinced and if they come with Sinovac I hide at the bathroom ????

BUT:

Multiple attempts by me fail.

Multiple attempts by daughter fail.

The brilliant SW just says to enter correct data.

Of course it does not say what is wrong.

(they seem to have learned that from 90 day report ????)

My suspicion, daughters suspicion:

the number on the back of the pink card does by no means match the example:

JT9999999999

Two letters followed by 10 digits.

Mine is one digit, space, six digits, space, one digit  like:

X 123456 7

(too old?)

What format do you see?

Edited by KhunBENQ

17 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

BUT:

JT9999999999

X 123456 7

(too old?)

What format do you see?

I was able to register using number on back of card (similar to yours)

I entered with no spaces.

try entering it with no spaces, should work.

12 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

try entering it with no spaces, should work.

Must be something else.

I have tried so many permutations now without success.

(first name) (middle name)

first name

middle name

(in Thai as on card)

number from the back with/without spaces, with/without leading letter...

x-times checked ID number (starting with "6" for "temporary alien") and birthday

Clueless and before I kill PC or mobile I postpone the topic.

Let's wait and see whether more reports come in.

Does every pink ID card contain an ID number? This is required to even enter the registration. However, for eligible people who do not know how to, or unable to use the online registration, there is a possibility to register at government  hospitals. As from yesterday the systems work really well.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Must be something else.

I have tried so many permutations now without success.

(first name) (middle name)

first name

middle name

(in Thai as on card)

number from the back with/without spaces, with/without leading letter...

x-times checked ID number (starting with "6" for "temporary alien") and birthday

Clueless and before I kill PC or mobile I postpone the topic.

Let's wait and see whether more reports come in.

Moderator Sheryl and Crossy have also reported success, its not just me.

Its possibly overloaded, cant check the database etc, hopefully improves over time.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I am afraid so too.

And that keeps me away from trying to register even having pink card.

AZ would be OK, but Chinese water soup no.

Don't want to take the risk for a 50:50 chance.

My nephew and his wife had their 2nd AZ some weeks back and a few days ago both tested positive for covid.

What were their chances?

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

BUT:

JT9999999999

X 123456 7

(too old?)

What format do you see?

I have same format as you. I entered it without the spaces and it worked - yesterday.

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

My nephew and his wife had their 2nd AZ some weeks back and a few days ago both tested positive for covid.

What were their chances?

About 24%, the vaccine is about 76% effective in preventing infection (but much more efec tive than that in preventing serious disease)

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, Peterw42 said:

That is the QR code above, use line app to scan the QR code, opens mor prom app in line. (its only in Thai)

Needs a Thai/pink ID number, enter DOB, address etc, pick a hospitial, pick a date etc, booking confirmation sent in line.

MSG me if you have a question

(could you bump this thread to the top of new content, it appears nobody saw it)

When my wife entered my ID my name and details were already there, nothing had to be entered.

It said I was eligible for vaccination and to book appointment.

Different scenarios, different problems.

Just for the record, I tried to register just now with my Pink ID card and was also stymied by the letter/numbers on the back of the ID (one letter followed by 8 numbers) not matching the "required" format of two letters followed by 10 numbers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

About 24%, the vaccine is about 76% effective in preventing infection (but much more efec tive than that in preventing serious disease)

You are talking average, in their case it was 0% effective in preventing infection. It's fingers crossed on how ill they get.

Averages do not apply to individuals, only probability.

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What the vaccine does do in most cases (depending on efficacy of the vaccine) is limit the extent of symptoms of Covid-19. 

That is not quite correct.

"Efficacy" , a term that gets abused with monotonous regularity, is reduction in disease incidence between have and have not groups.

Effectiveness against hospitalisation, severe symptoms or death are different figures entirely, and people are quoting what suits the agenda.

5 hours ago, dinga said:

I am having the exact same problem. Have been unable to get past the Registration page on the app. I have double checked all the other fields, and keep getting the "details not correct" response. I am now convinced the problem is related to the inputting of the number on the back of the ID card. I have tried all permutations, but none of them are accepted.