Success registering for vaccine, Mor Prom app

Peterw42

9 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its not an app you download, its a contact you add to LINE.

Scan the QRcode, add the "doctor ready" contact, open a chat with the contact, interact with what's on the chat screen. its more or less a website via a line chat.

(its all in Thai, so you will ned someone to read Thai)

Thanks for clarifying ... that was my problem.  I thought LINE was directing me to download the Mor Prom app, which I did (and got nowhere).  I'm now into the registration page, so I can explore all of the other problems folks have been having.  Thanks also to whoever mentioned 'Google Lens' in an earlier post!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jsnuk said:

I have a pink ID card (beginning with 6) and decided to try to register just now, if only to receive satisfaction that -- for once -- the pink card actually has some value.  (I was motivated by various articles saying that the system would accept pink card ID numbers entered by foreigners.)

I have read through this thread, including various posts suggesting that the system has since been modified to reject foreigners.  But It's not clear to me how people even got as far as entering their name and the number from the back of the card.  When I try to create a new account by entering my 13-digit ID number and phone number (to receive OTP), nothing happens:  except a new window (in black) opens, describing the eligibility criteria.  This goes away when clicking OK.   I didn't read about anyone else having trouble receiving the One-Time-Password. 

Am I missing something?   Is "not sending the OTP" the typical (default) Thai way of saying foreigners are not eligible to use the Mor Prom app (without any other explanation or error message)?

Unless it has changed since I did it there is no OTP step.

If after you hit enter on the first page it goes on to the eligibility criteria  then the first page has been accepted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jsnuk said:

Thanks for clarifying ... that was my problem.  I thought LINE was directing me to download the Mor Prom app, which I did (and got nowhere).  I'm now into the registration page, so I can explore all of the other problems folks have been having.  Thanks also to whoever mentioned

'Google Lens' in an earlier post!

To clarify a bit further, downloading the Maw Phrom ap from Google play store downloads a special version from Chonburi Hospital, which will not work for many people, even Thai. The correct ap is added as a friend via LINE, as described in many TV threads.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, jayboy said:

.But most expatriates have been left in the lurch and the embassies/government are doing nothing practical to help.

about 35+ years ago I left my country of Birth.
Since then, not paying taxes there except for deductions on Pension Payments for the last few years.

Considering this, and other than issuing a travel advice a year ago and being helpful organising some repatriation flights,  in your opinion, why would an Embassy have to do what?

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Unless it has changed since I did it there is no OTP step

LINE verifies identity, as far as I understand the process.

13 hours ago, KKr said:

We tried that a few times, but without  a two Letters and ten Numbers as found on the back of the ID cards, and that the back of the Pink card does not have, the App gives an error message: data entry not correct.

I'm not sure I follow what your saying.

The Thai Pink ID Card has 13 numbers at the top as does your Thai Drivers/Riders license, i.e. they should correspond as the same numbers if your license is up to date after renewing it once you received your Thai Pink ID Card.

DON'T pay any attention to the letters/numbers on the back of you Thai Pink ID Card.

Your wife should be able to register on the Mor Prom App with her Thai ID Card and then there is a drop down box where she can add your details in and also enter your Thai Pink ID Card number. If she is under 60 she won't be able to register to get the vaccine for herself, however she can add you into the system if you are over 60 and she ticks one of the boxes that asks about your health conditions.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I'm not sure I follow what your saying.

The Thai Pink ID Card has 13 numbers at the top as does your Thai Drivers/Riders license, i.e. they should correspond as the same numbers if your license is up to date after renewing it once you received your Thai Pink ID Card.

DON'T pay any attention to the letters/numbers on the back of you Thai Pink ID Card.

Your wife should be able to register on the Mor Prom App with her Thai ID Card and then there is a drop down box where she can add your details in and also enter your Thai Pink ID Card number. If she is under 60 she won't be able to register to get the vaccine for herself, however she can add you into the system if you are over 60 and she ticks one of the boxes that asks about your health conditions.

There is a field below ID number for the number at the back of the ID card.

Entering what I have (single letter followed by numbers) worked for me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

There is a field below ID number for the number at the back of the ID card.

Entering what I have (single letter followed by numbers) worked for me

Thx, I have to be honest, the wife completed mine and I thought the chap was entering that number alone instead of his Thai Pink ID Card number.

1 hour ago, KKr said:

about 35+ years ago I left my country of Birth.
Since then, not paying taxes there except for deductions on Pension Payments for the last few years.

Considering this, and other than issuing a travel advice a year ago and being helpful organising some repatriation flights,  in your opinion, why would an Embassy have to do what?

Your personal circumstances are irrelevant.

As to the duties of an Embassy, a significant component is to represent the interests of resident citizens.As to the current pandemic, it's the duty of the Embassy to keep those resident citizens informed and to lobby with government to ensure resident citizens (most of whom don't have the enabling pink ID cards) have access to vaccine.None of this means individuals don't have the prime responsibility for their health and safety.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2021 at 2:07 PM, Peterw42 said:

That is the QR code above, use line app to scan the QR code, opens mor prom app in line. (its only in Thai)

Needs a Thai/pink ID number, enter DOB, address etc, pick a hospitial, pick a date etc, booking confirmation sent in line.

MSG me if you have a question

(could you bump this thread to the top of new content, it appears nobody saw it)

What is a "Pink ID" 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DowntownAl said:

What is a "Pink ID" 

THAILAND-Pink-ID-Card.jpg?resize=555,307

The so-called pink ID card, pictured above, is the equivalent for foreigners of the blue Thai National ID card used by Thais.  It can be obtained from your local amphur (district government) office after you have obtained a yellow house registration book (tabian bahn, equivalent to the blue house registration book that Thais use) from the same office.

Of interest to this topic, the pink ID card contains a 13-digit Thai National ID number that can be used when registering for the covid-19 vaccination via the mor prom Line Official Account. 

• Like 1

I have had the same problem today trying to register with my Thai ID Pink Card. Fill in all the details requested, including the 1 letter 8 digit number on the reverse and it says something about "incorrect details", according to my office staff, who did it for me.

It may be the system is on overload again, so I will try another day.

19 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Its only Gov hospitals at this stage, although the privates are listed in the app you cannot select them and get an appointment. 

I found many private hospitals listed when I was searching for an appointment venue, including Lanna and McCormick in Chiang Mai, for example.

3 minutes ago, sabaijai said:

I found many private hospitals listed when I was searching for an appointment venue, including Lanna and McCormick in Chiang Mai, for example.

Yes, they are on the list, but as I said, I think you will find there are no appointments available.

I initially picked a couple of privates in Pattaya but there were no available dates

Edited by Peterw42

On 5/1/2021 at 1:16 PM, Peterw42 said:

It appears I have been successful registering on the Mor Prom line app

For anyone who’s successfully registered what did you do about the number needed from the back of your pink card? My number is [B 0188992 2] so I don’t have the 2 letters and 10 numbers it seems to require. I have tried padding with zeros and no luck. 

I am using the line app

atn. @Peterw42 @Crossy @khunpon  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

For anyone who’s successfully registered what did you do about the number needed from the back of your pink card? My number is [B 0188992 2] so I don’t have the 2 letters and 10 numbers it seems to require. I have tried padding with zeros and no luck. 

I am using the line app

I just entered the number with no spaces B12345678, and it was accepted.

That was on Saturday, some people are suggesting the system may have been changed and those numbers no longer work. Also 3-4 reports today that say it does still work.

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I am using the line app

I used the Mohpromt App (which can be obtained from the Thai App store).

The number on the back of my card is 9 digits (begins with B) - the App accepted my number.

But... I still don’t have a booking, it seems there is no availability at the hospital I registered for - once registered I am unable to change the hospital to one which may have availability.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I used the Mohpromt App (which can be obtained from the Thai App store).

The number on the back of my card is 9 digits (begins with B) - the App accepted my number.

But... I still don’t have a booking, it seems there is no availability at the hospital I registered for - once registered I am unable to change the hospital to one which may have availability.

What Thai app store?  Where do you find it?

What day did you register?

--thanks.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, samtam said:

I even had my office staff use their Line account, (with all my details, obviously), but no joy. Will try again in a few days.

I guess no great surprise about the inconsistency.

1 hour ago, samtam said:

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Unless I have missed it, not a single report of any foreigner  able to register today,

I suspect  the "maintianance" done last night included tightening the program  it so that ID numbers beginning with 6 are not accepted.

Someone has posted an explanation on what you refer to as the maintenance. He may or may not be right but having worked in IT what he suggests would make sense.

That being the case it has nothing to do with the ID number itself but the number on the back, and I was not required to input the number on the back.

Not all scenarios are the same, I had nothing to enter and the message on the app said I was eligible for the vaccination and to book appointment. It was in the app information that hospitals would put forward "targeted patients".  I suspect that in the overall scheme of things there are very few expats registered at a government hospital with the Thai ID number and in the vulnerable category. Look at the "private is better" attitude on this forum. 

My Thai wife couldn't get on the app Saturday, not bothered, she had registered us both at the local authority a week ago.

2 hours ago, sabaijai said:

Not true. I know two cardholders personally who successfully registered today, the 3rd of May.

then please explain the steps they've taken. I've had my wife try numerous times today & yesterday and rejected on every occasion with a message "error, foreigner ID cards not accepted".

43 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Someone has posted an explanation on what you refer to as the maintenance. He may or may not be right but having worked in IT what he suggests would make sense.

That being the case it has nothing to do with the ID number itself but the number on the back, and I was not required to input the number on the back.

Not all scenarios are the same, I had nothing to enter and the message on the app said I was eligible for the vaccination and to book appointment. It was in the app information that hospitals would put forward "targeted patients".  I suspect that in the overall scheme of things there are very few expats registered at a government hospital with the Thai ID number and in the vulnerable category. Look at the "private is better" attitude on this forum. 

My Thai wife couldn't get on the app Saturday, not bothered, she had registered us both at the local authority a week ago.

The number on the back is likely a serial number for the card itself, not the card holder. If the card is lost or stolen, they can issue a new one with a new code on the back. The user information on the front must remain the same. The reverse code prevents people using lost or stolen cards. Most security cards are like this.

I doubt the reverse code has anything to do with foreigners. Any IT guy can simply change database filters. No need to change the ap or issue a new one.

Did they do something Sunday to block foreigners? It would be nice if someone had solid evidence.

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

then please explain the steps they've taken. I've had my wife try numerous times today & yesterday and rejected on every occasion with a message "error, foreigner ID cards not accepted".

Next time that happens please get a screen shot of this message and post here as no one else seems to get that message. Plenty of people get the generic error message but not one that says this.

How many times was "numerous"? Those who have succeeded have done so with many dozens of tries.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rabas said:

Did they do something Sunday to block foreigners? It would be nice if someone had solid evidence.

Doesn't seem so as at least 3 people have registered Sunday and today

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Not all scenarios are the same, I had nothing to enter and the message on the app said I was eligible for the vaccination and to book appointment. It was in the app information that hospitals would put forward "targeted patients".

The only app I have found is this 688C4C71-C635-45C0-83F1-6BDE11C40981.jpeg.098999ec718499347cf5038e1ea3a777.jpeg

it’s an iOS one but according to the “translation” software I need to register before I can use that. 

The way I was trying to register is via the line application. I had gone past the first page once but then it timed out before I could enter my address as I had to use the translation SW to do that. 

also I have been pasting the Thai as I can’t write or read it. 

The message I get is 0E3583D0-3C1B-4B59-95A8-3F55AB06BD7B.thumb.png.db5ec574ceaaa5993f223abede18b534.png

the translation said that the data is incorrect/incomplete and the only thing I can see is that the number on the back is not in the format required 

FCFA9AB3-D214-4CBD-9ADA-5FB774BB36AE.jpeg.8e98ac35bfa819d1892c0d42562e9be6.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

The only app I have found is this 688C4C71-C635-45C0-83F1-6BDE11C40981.jpeg.098999ec718499347cf5038e1ea3a777.jpeg

it’s an iOS one but according to the “translation” software I need to register before I can use that. 

The way I was trying to register is via the line application. I had gone past the first page once but then it timed out before I could enter my address as I had to use the translation SW to do that. 

also I have been pasting the Thai as I can’t write or read it. 

You do not need to download an app. Just use Line.

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You do not need to download an app. Just use Line.

@Sheryl That is the complete  problem!!!

all the information I have posted applies to trying to use line and the back number checksum stopping me going past the first page. 

I had downloaded the app to see if there was any other way of registering, but it only allows registered users 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

11 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Next time that happens please get a screen shot of this message and post here as no one else seems to get that message. Plenty of people get the generic error message but not one that says this.

How many times was "numerous"? Those who have succeeded have done so with many dozens of tries.

will do. Also numerous is 43 times.

UPDATE :

If you live in Chonburi Province and have a pink ID, use this app as it works and doesn't require the number from the back of the card.

Mohpromt app from playstore or apple.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mor.promplus

image.png.621738305c4655839494f476431ff95f.png

Requires a OTP to initially set-up, the only thing you need to enter is ID number.

• Thanks 1