Success registering for vaccine, Mor Prom app

Peterw42

On 5/3/2021 at 11:54 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I'm not sure I follow what your saying.

The Thai Pink ID Card has 13 numbers at the top as does your Thai Drivers/Riders license, i.e. they should correspond as the same numbers if your license is up to date after renewing it once you received your Thai Pink ID Card.

DON'T pay any attention to the letters/numbers on the back of you Thai Pink ID Card.

Your wife should be able to register on the Mor Prom App with her Thai ID Card and then there is a drop down box where she can add your details in and also enter your Thai Pink ID Card number. If she is under 60 she won't be able to register to get the vaccine for herself, however she can add you into the system if you are over 60 and she ticks one of the boxes that asks about your health conditions.

I have a pink ID, but no Thai wife, or relative.

This may now be the only qualification for using Mor Prom by Line.

23 hours ago, skatewash said:

THAILAND-Pink-ID-Card.jpg?resize=555,307

The so-called pink ID card, pictured above, is the equivalent for foreigners of the blue Thai National ID card used by Thais.  It can be obtained from your local amphur (district government) office after you have obtained a yellow house registration book (tabian bahn, equivalent to the blue house registration book that Thais use) from the same office.

Of interest to this topic, the pink ID card contains a 13-digit Thai National ID number that can be used when registering for the covid-19 vaccination via the mor prom Line Official Account. 

As a non Thai It also contains a 1 letter and an 8 digit number on the back, which

the app is no longer accepting. You cannot leave it blank, otherwise the details are not accepted.

On 5/2/2021 at 4:53 PM, Makoshark said:

I registered for the vaccine directly at BNH Hospital last Tuesday.

.  I was put on a waiting list

fingers are crossed as to "when"

Same. They are not accepting Mor Prom registration, nor are they disclosing date of availability (in March they said "May", today "hopefully this year"), nor price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried using my pink (refugee) card details no luck, also tried to register using my son's Thai ID no luck, maybe he is too young although I thought from other posts he could at least register, just won't get an appointment ?

Maybe the system is over loaded.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

3 hours ago, samtam said:

I have a pink ID, but no Thai wife, or relative.

This may now be the only qualification for using Mor Prom by Line.

I believe as news is filtering in daily, you can now go to your local hospital and they will register you with your ID Card, worth a shot, pun intended.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe as news is filtering in daily, you can now go to your local hospital and they will register you with your ID Card, worth a shot, pun intended.

I have already registered with my private hospital, BNH Bangkok. No appointment date, no vax available until .... not sure, "this year".

6 minutes ago, samtam said:

I have already registered with my private hospital, BNH Bangkok. No appointment date, no vax available until .... not sure, "this year".

If you have a Pink ID Card you can do it at a public hospital, if no Pink ID Card, I believe August onwards they will be taking appointments, fingers crossed the more vaccines that become available, the better and sooner your chances of being vaxed.

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

If you have a Pink ID Card you can do it at a public hospital, if no Pink ID Card, I believe August onwards they will be taking appointments, fingers crossed the more vaccines that become available, the better and sooner your chances of being vaxed.

I will try the Police General Hospital tomorrow with my Pink ID, and let you know. Others seem to suggest that when they have tried they have been turned away..."Thais only".

15 minutes ago, samtam said:

I will try the Police General Hospital tomorrow with my Pink ID, and let you know. Others seem to suggest that when they have tried they have been turned away..."Thais only".

I read in the paper today that if you have a Pink ID card you can use the system or go to a public hospital. I will look for it and let you know with the link.

39 minutes ago, samtam said:

Finally found it having had to go around the world, here are a couple of copy and paste comments relative to what I was talking about and the link below.

"Expats with a Thai ID or ‘pink’ registration card can use this service while those living in the kingdom who use their national passport as their main ID, cannot".

"Officials suggest that, for now, expats or foreign residents should contact their local hospital or medical facility to book an appointment if they are over 60 or have an underlying condition".

I don't know if the above helps, e.g. if your over 60 with pre-existing conditions or not ?

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/05/02/expats-over-60-free-vaccination-from-june/

EDIT: I also read somewhere else if you don't qualify for the above, it is July/August.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Finally found it having had to go around the world, here are a couple of copy and paste comments relative to what I was talking about and the link below.

"Expats with a Thai ID or ‘pink’ registration card can use this service while those living in the kingdom who use their national passport as their main ID, cannot".

"Officials suggest that, for now, expats or foreign residents should contact their local hospital or medical facility to book an appointment if they are over 60 or have an underlying condition".

I don't know if the above helps, e.g. if your over 60 with pre-existing conditions or not ?

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/05/02/expats-over-60-free-vaccination-from-june/

EDIT: I also read somewhere else if you don't qualify for the above, it is July/August.

Thanks. Yes, I am over 60, but no underlying conditions, so I qualify. I am reluctant to go to the Police General Hospital in person at the moment, given the current Covid situation in many areas of Bangkok. (My pink ID, as we've discussed, doesn't work.)

So concerned am I, I have just asked my maid not to come in until further notice, as she lives in Bon Kai, where they have discovered a new cluster. I will pay her in full, but I want to minimise risk on both sides; she says she hardly goes out, but therein lies the risk, and she has a husband who is working, so both would travel by public transport. She also has a young child, so as I think schools are closed, I have to assume the child is looked after by a neighbour when she's working, (another risk). Last year we paused the maid for 2 months and paid her in full. Different maid, she  left after a month when she came back. Housekeeping is not my idea of fun, but it is currently the only form of physical exercise, and it does no one any harm to clean a loo! Well, actually, we have three.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, samtam said:

Thanks. Yes, I am over 60, but no underlying conditions, so I qualify.

Foreigners don't qualify, was just announced by the MOPH.

I may not link to the source, but if you google this you will find it:  'Thais, not expats' get jab priority

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

I may not link to the source, but if you google this you will find it:  'Thais, not expats' get jab priority

Like you say, you can't link to the source in the newspaper we can't quote.

To paraphrase it: As non-Thais we're at the back of the queue behind the locals, they've decided, because they don't have enough vaccine for everyone.

Fancy them admitting they don't have enough. That's today's flip-flop anyway.

edit: I wonder how many expats there are living in Thailand?

What percentage is it of the adult Thai population (total is I think 70 million) if the MOPH say they're short of vaccine, after saying expats would be included.

Edited by bluesofa
Addendum

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

31 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Like you say, you can't link to the source in the newspaper we can't quote.

To paraphrase it: As non-Thais we're a the back of the queue behind the locals, they've decided, because they don't have enough vaccine for everyone.

Fancy them admitting they don't have enough. That's today's flip-flop anyway.

Yep, flip flopping.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2110211/thais-not-expats-get-jab-priority

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/vaccines-reserved-to-thais-not-expats-public-health-ministry

Edited by 4MyEgo

12 hours ago, samtam said:

Thanks. Yes, I am over 60, but no underlying conditions, so I qualify. I am reluctant to go to the Police General Hospital in person at the moment, given the current Covid situation in many areas of Bangkok. (My pink ID, as we've discussed, doesn't work.)

I will save you the trip unfortunately, government has flip flopped.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/vaccines-reserved-to-thais-not-expats-public-health-ministry

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

after saying expats would be included.

I think they actually never said this, this was just the interpretation of some news sites, which was obviously wrong.

What was said is that residents are included in the government's vaccination plans.

If they use Thai law's definition of "resident", then this would only mean people with permanent residency, not people with non-immigrant visas.

They didn't specify when residents would get the vaccine, just that they have plans, could be that residents will be vaccinated in 2022.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

I hope it doesn't affect those who have been able to successfully register using the app. One day they complain about not many (of any flavour) registering, the next they deny those who would like to. It tells you all you need to know, (which would come as no surprise to those who've lived here a while). It's not surprising that those who can (Thais predominantly), will go to other countries to be vaccinated. I've heard of several in the last few days, and the Thai government is aware of it, as they are warning Thais who are planning this to contact the MFA, I presume to help them with information, but one often wonders about other motives. The irony is the Thais who will follow this route are in some cases those who might get the economy rolling again.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2021 at 2:53 PM, Peterw42 said:

Yes, they are on the list, but as I said, I think you will find there are no appointments available.

I initially picked a couple of privates in Pattaya but there were no available dates

Not true, I made an appointment at one of those two, confirmed. 

Then again, said appointment might turn out to be invalid when I turn up, given the recent announcements in the press. But that will be the same whether private or public hospital, should it come to that.

7 hours ago, sabaijai said:

Not true, I made an appointment at one of those two, confirmed. 

Then again, said appointment might turn out to be invalid when I turn up, given the recent announcements in the press. But that will be the same whether private or public hospital, should it come to that.

Huh?

I assume you meant you made a booking online for a public hospital in Pattaya, right?

You're correct to be concerned about whether that will be honored based on recent news.

As far as PAID vaccines at private hospitals, you can't get appointments yet. Hopefully sooner than later they will have doses to see, but it's too early to know anything definite. So public and private are not the same. The recent announcement about expats not getting FREE vaccines was clearly about the public track. 

Edited by Jingthing

On 5/5/2021 at 9:31 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I will save you the trip unfortunately, government has flip flopped.

I did not keep up to date on this topic and went to the local community clinic to register this morning.. Told definitely no, maybe November or December

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

I did not keep up to date on this topic and went to the local community clinic to register this morning.. Told definitely no, maybe November or December

Things might change till then, because from what I am hearing is the Thai's in our village and other neighbouring villages don't want the vaccination, so who knows maybe they will change their attitude towards us dirty farangs, i.e. the Thai Government might say, it's all a big misunderstanding, so they don't lose face, farangs can now get the vaccine, e.g. they have to make up the numbers and maybe Thai's will then follow the dirty farangs after they have been vaccinated.

Wouldn't hold my breath though.

18 minutes ago, rbkk said:

I successfully registered on the first day but as my local hospital was not listed then I have been checking back each day. To my immense surprise my local hospital was listed this morning and TODAY (12pm) i have duly booked an appointment at 2pm on 7th June! (ALL time slots available) Seems amazing that I am able to do this after the anouncement yesterday.They have had a good 24hrs to reset their criteria. Has something changed after yesterdays cabinet meeting ? Who Knows? I  originally registered using only my Yellow Book number. ***For those failing to register with Pink ID cards/Number on the back etc. my wife says she put a "-" (Dash) instead of leaving it blank ( Failed 1st time). With the dash It all worked correctly.*** Anybody else registered/appointment today? The chances of  honouring the appointment seem slim, but who knows!

I had tried booking at our local hospital through the app, but to no avail, the wife then tried another hospital close by, done and dusted for 7 June at 11am.

The most recent news article less than an hour ago stated that the CCSA said that expats will be included in the June vaccination program, but an app has to be developed for them as we are not supposed to be using the Mor Prom app, that is for Thai's only.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I had tried booking at our local hospital through the app, but to no avail, the wife then tried another hospital close by, done and dusted for 7 June at 11am.

The most recent news article less than an hour ago stated that the CCSA said that expats will be included in the June vaccination program, but an app has to be developed for them as we are not supposed to be using the Mor Prom app, that is for Thai's only.

Good news. I'd wager that the expat app has prices!

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2021 at 4:07 PM, maddermax said:

Just can't do it cause everything is in Thai.  HELP !!!!

You might want to try this.  It is a bit cumbersome but it works.  I use a computer but I have also used two cell phones.  On sites that allow me to translate using google translate I just click on it and it translates the page.   For some items particularly those using graphics that won't translate, I use my cell phone and go to Google on my cell phone and click the picture icon next to the search box.  One of the options is translate.  You point the phone camera to the text or image you want to translate and it will do so.  You can either read it as it is being translated or copy it with the translation listed like a subtitle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thomas J said:

You might want to try this.  It is a bit cumbersome but it works.  I use a computer but I have also used two cell phones.  On sites that allow me to translate using google translate I just click on it and it translates the page.   For some items particularly those using graphics that won't translate, I use my cell phone and go to Google on my cell phone and click the picture icon next to the search box.  One of the options is translate.  You point the phone camera to the text or image you want to translate and it will do so.  You can either read it as it is being translated or copy it with the translation listed like a subtitle. 

My only addition to this good advice is try Google Lens app available from Play Store for free which does everything Google Translate does but it's a little better at character recognition than Translate - Camera.

Government announcements and statements in Thailand are like the weather.  If you don't like it now wait a day or so and it will be entirely different.  Today, it was all a misunderstanding.  Of course, expats are included in the covid-19 vaccination program.  It's just that there's no mechanism in place to allow them to register yet.  They're working on it...  To reiterate what has been said before, expats will be covered but there's nothing in place for them to register yet.  There will be.  In the meantime, there is a system in place for Thais to register.  So that's going ahead.  Like many things in life you don't have to like it to understand it.  They're trying to get the most people registered as they can and right now what they have that does that works for Thais.  

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=242932910958060&aggr_v_ids[0]=242932910958060&notif_id=1620289493449803&notif_t=watch_follower_video_explicit&ref=notif

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

My only addition to this good advice is try Google Lens app available from Play Store for free which does everything Google Translate does but it's a little better at character recognition than Translate - Camera.

Thank You

I have not heard of that application, but I will give it a try. 

Just now, Thomas J said:

Thank You

I have not heard of that application, but I will give it a try. 

By the way, they both use the exact same machine translation software as they are both Google products, it's just I seem to have an easier time capturing the Thai text using Lens than Google Translate.  Seems more stable and less flaky.  Google Translate camera often looks at something and changes its mind about what it sees every second.  Google Lens just seems to settle down on a translation quicker with less back and forth.

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I'm not clear whether if one is successful using the Mor Prom app using the Pink ID card, whether it will be honoured when you pitch up. I suppose no one will know until the first confirmed booking (7 June AFAIK) proceeds without a hitch.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, samtam said:

I'm not clear whether if one is successful using the Mor Prom app using the Pink ID card, whether it will be honoured when you pitch up. I suppose no one will know until the first confirmed booking (7 June AFAIK) proceeds without a hitch.

The gov announced today that the Mor Prom app registration is not for foreigners? All you pink card  holders can relax, its not for you, it never was.  

• Haha 1