help with flight back to sweden

scammed

1 hour ago, sead said:

Ofc you are swapping planes. Never heard of a plane making a long distance and the after stop it continues to another destination

i found the answer, direct flights resume in october and last until february 28

1 hour ago, Poet said:

Do not carry these on any flight that stops in the Middle East. People have been locked up for having a few poppy seeds on their clothing from a bagel they ate at the airport before their flight.

If you are clearly in great pain, there is a high probability the airline will decide not to let you board. If you were to run into any medical complications during the flight they would be forced to divert, costing them tens of thousands of dollars and delaying their entire schedule on that route. They do pay close attention to wheelchair bound travelers in the departure lounge.

They may suggest you buy a medical evacuation, where you will have more room to stretch out and will be accompanied by a medical professional. If you are genuinely that ill, your medical insurance may cover this.

its 30 and 40 year old injuries, they dont cover retroactive, which is why i dont bother with insurance.

a friend told me i could never make the distances

in bkk airport so i will use the wheelchair and lay down on a massage bed until its time to go onboard.

once im in a seat with good back support its not much

worse than laying on a bed, i can make it,

the issue only arises when i arrive

• Confused 1

On 5/2/2021 at 4:12 PM, scammed said:

i found the ultimate answer, direct flights resume in october

and last until end of february when the swedes are at the most active fleeing the cold, so i postpone it until then

What airllines will resume direct flights in october between Bangkok and Stockholm???????????

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lassebasse said:

What airllines will resume direct flights in october between Bangkok and Stockholm???????????

thai airways for example, and that is what i will take,

500 dollar or so compared to 400 for stops and shifting plane,

best money ever spent

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/bkkt/stoc/220228/?adults=1&adultsv2=1&cabinclass=economy&children=0&childrenv2=&inboundaltsenabled=false&infants=0&outboundaltsenabled=false&preferdirects=true&preferflexible=false&ref=home&rtn=0

Edited by scammed
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, scammed said:

thai airways for example, and that is what i will take,

500 dollar or so compared to 400 for stops and shifting plane,

best money ever spent

To my knowledge they have made no such statement and the other airline Norwegian already stated that they will not resume any flights to asia.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lassebasse said:

To my knowledge they have made no such statement and the other airline Norwegian already stated that they will not resume any flights to asia.

i edited in a link in the reply, check above link,

look at the 2nd flight with thai airways

Edited by scammed

36 minutes ago, PGSan said:

That is not surprising.  So please go back there.

it was surprising to me, i gave up after having searched every day in june and july, but since im out of option i resumed searching and finally found it, just that its only during high season thai airways are trying to make a buck on swedish climate refugees

On 5/1/2021 at 10:45 PM, Sheryl said:

You can get wheelchair at the airport from curb to plane and plane to next plane at the stopover. Easily arranged.

Except that 'self transfer' seems to becoming more prevalent. 

One example: flying from Bangkok to Sydney via Manila. The website offers both legs of the flight (Bkk to Manila, then Manila to Sydney), and quotes a total price, but the booking details say 'this is a self transfer flight, no help, in Manila, is available.

This situation is all the more complicated during the Covid 19 situation when the passenger has to go through passport control in Manila, claim own luggage then find the check-in desk to activate the next leg of the flight.

Although a document has been issued at original departure point indicating seat no., passenger has to now re check in luggage, go through passport control to leave the Phils.

It's possible of course that in Covid 19 times the transfer as described above is quite prohibited. 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Poet said:

Do not carry these on any flight that stops in the Middle East. People have been locked up for having a few poppy seeds on their clothing from a bagel they ate at the airport before their flight.

If you are clearly in great pain, there is a high probability the airline will decide not to let you board. If you were to run into any medical complications during the flight they would be forced to divert, costing them tens of thousands of dollars and delaying their entire schedule on that route. They do pay close attention to wheelchair bound travelers in the departure lounge.

They may suggest you buy a medical evacuation, where you will have more room to stretch out and will be accompanied by a medical professional. If you are genuinely that ill, your medical insurance may cover this.

QUOTE:  "They do pay close attention to wheelchair bound travelers in the departure lounge."

This is why most airlines ask questions In regard to wheelchair situation:   'can you walk alone to your seat?' or 'do you need help get up a few stairs? ... and more.

In reality the are trying to identify if you are totally wheelchair bound/need totally dedicated help every minute, etc. If that's what they identify then there's the assumption that you're too risky / the need for qualified medical staff to be on hand / will need totally dedicated help which costs too much money.

• Like 1

Op.. If you are flying with Qatar Airways and stopping off in Doha you can book for additional assistance in the 'Manage my booking’ section of their webpage (once you are logged in with your name and booking ref). 

Qatar Airlines is a 5* airline, you will receive more assistance from this airline than the vast majority of airlines. 

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/services-special.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, scammed said:

i  came here to ask how i can get there with the least amount of walking, as it turned out, and much to my surprise, i was better at google, and you probably didnt even make an attempt to be helpful, just came here to spit venom

If the OP is totally wheelchair bound, how did he get here in the first place. Was it with a relative or dedicated assistant?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2021 at 11:26 PM, scammed said:

how do i phone qatar airways or anyone else and ask if i have to swap plane in dohar ?

You could certainly tell them when you book that you need wheelchair assistance at all points beginning in BKK.

Your bags should normally be transferred if you change planes.

In Stockholm they'll put you in a taxi or ambulance depending on your state and whether or not friends/relatives are waiting - presumably with a wheelchair then.

Standard SOP

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Op.. If you are flying with Qatar Airways and stopping off in Doha you can book for additional assistance in the 'Manage my booking’ section of their webpage (once you are logged in with your name and booking ref). 

Qatar Airlines is a 5* airline, you will receive more assistance from this airline than the vast majority of airlines. 

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/services-special.html

thanks richard, you are a helpful man, but i already found direct flights will resume in october, i postpone it until then, its not like i want to freeze, its just that its becoming just too painful to walk at all

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

If the OP is totally wheelchair bound, how did he get here in the first place. Was it with a relative or dedicated assistant?

no, i have never used wheelchair and just the idea is repulsive, but facts are it hurt so much i dont want to get up from bed at all, im heading for a bed i wont have to get up from

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Quite interesting following this thread, so you are wheelchair bound, you are not the only person in the world like that.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself, and get on with it.

Several members have offered useful advice, yet you are the one spitting venom at others.

You speak about Qatar airways, one of the best/ most helpful i know, if you fly with them, yes you will change planes at Dohar, but they will provide whatever care you need.

no, i am not wheelchair bound, i dont feel sorry for myself,

and none other than myself found the direct flight.

furthermore i havnt been spitting venom but other have,

i wont be flying qatar, if you had been following this thread youd know i found thai airways resume direct flight in october, and i wont be needing help or care,

i just need the wheelchair for the distances in bkk airport,

i have no doubt they will voluntarily push me out of the plane when it land if i cant walk at that stage,

i am not worried i will make it with a direct flight

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Every international airline has wheelchairs and help for those that need the help. I know you may be anxious about traveling but the man or lady that pushes your wheelchair will handle all of your needs and the flight attendant when you land will make sure you have a wheelchair also. When you buy your ticket or check in online with the airline there should be a place for you to request special assistance. The airports do this everyday and are pretty good about their service. Most give the wheelchair pushers a cash tip and they let you on the plane first. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Every international airline has wheelchairs and help for those that need the help. I know you may be anxious about traveling but the man or lady that pushes your wheelchair will handle all of your needs and the flight attendant when you land will make sure you have a wheelchair also. When you buy your ticket or check in online with the airline there should be a place for you to request special assistance. The airports do this everyday and are pretty good about their service. Most give the wheelchair pushers a cash tip and they let you on the plane first. 

thanks, a couple of friends explained it,

but i found an even better option, thai airways will resume direct flights in the supposed high season october -end of february. im still going to have to use wheelchair in bkk airport im afraid, but at least i got a few month to get use to the preposterous idea

https://book.thaiairways.com/plnext/tgpnextDX/Override.action#/FDCT

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scammed said:

the preposterous idea

Why is a wheelchair preposterous??? 

I have often taken up this option when I arrive at Svb with my ealing stick.  The staff prefer using the wheelchair to any other method of getting me safely onto the plane.