16-year-old injured as motorbike hits parcel delivery pickup

webfact

1620010542_1-org.jpg

Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

By Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A 16-year-old teenager was rushed to hospital unconscious with serious injuries after the motorbike he was riding struck the back of a parcel delivery pickup truck on Thepkrasattri Rd in Mai Khao yesterday (May 2).

The accident occurred on the northbound lanes about 100 metres north of the intersection to the road that parallels the airport runway.

Songya rescue workers arrived to find Wutthisak Sukha, 16, unconscious on the road. Wutthisak had suffered a serious injury to his upper right leg, a wound under his chin and other wounds to his body. 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/16-year-old-injured-as-motorbike-hits-parcel-delivery-pickup-79873.php

25 minutes ago, SiamRead said:

16 years old, riding at speed, without helmet ????

Did he wear a mask ? ????

Only a blindfold which as we know are not compulsory

• Haha 1

If roads were patrolled, all these delivery services might think twice about driving as fast as the motorbike will go, while checking the mobile phone, to make sure that they are on the right path to reach their destination 10 or 20 seconds earlier.

• Confused 1

I saw a guy on a motorbike drive into the back of an almost stationery truck; really weird; drugged up I guess. Not saying that's what happened here. You live here long enough and the weirdness compounds - it ain't Kansas Dorothy, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

From the article:

It always takes two for such an accident.

Who knows how this left lane "move" took place.

Sounds like a classic case over trying to over take on left hand sid and lack of forward thinking to a child on a bike who should never have been on the road. As for who was at fault to make a clainy ...the one with the most money.....unless it was a falangy and would be our fault either way .as we shouldn't be here as the police would say do pay up ......

11 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

If roads were patrolled, all these delivery services might think twice about driving as fast as the motorbike will go, while checking the mobile phone, to make sure that they are on the right path to reach their destination 10 or 20 seconds earlier.

Err, no the delivery guy was driving the pickup, the muppet on the bike was going too fast and didn't read the road or traffic, so the motocy smacked into the back of the pickup, typical youth riding a bike.

• Like 1

I have noticed in the past that many teens on their motorbikes have not had proper training, and it is only

time until they end up crashing like this 16 year old did.  I have had a lot of them come onto the roadway

ahead of me without looking, and I have managed to get the brakes on to avoid hitting them.  I doubt that Thailand

will change in the next 30 years, as the Thai attitude does not change at all.  This crash is not a surprise at all for

most of us forum posters, Sadly.

Geezer

5 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Err, no the delivery guy was driving the pickup, the muppet on the bike was going too fast and didn't read the road or traffic, so the motocy smacked into the back of the pickup, typical youth riding a bike.

You did read the part where the pickup changed lanes in front of him, right?

• Like 1