Bad news from Seychelles, world most vaccinated country

cclub75

13 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

This has nothing to do with the Seychelles. Read the article. Please.

The article is about the event. And, as I think, Seychilles` bad experience can be the direct cause of this event. Very sad news for AZ!

Edited by friendofthai

1 minute ago, friendofthai said:

The article is about the event. And, as I think, Seychilles` bad experience can be the direct cause of this event. Very sad news for AZ!

Ah you think...........................put your cap on and try a little harder next time, a few facts would help.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ah you think...........................put your cap on and try a little harder next time, a few facts would help.

I am sure that people in Europe have read about Seychilles` experience. How can they ignore news from such a credible news source?! - 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-04/world-s-most-vaccinated-nation-reintroduces-curbs-as-cases-surge

I think that if they ignored, that would be a sign of disrespect of... such a credible news source! So, as I think, people in EU just don`t see another choice, other than not buying AZ.

Edited by friendofthai

3 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

I am sure that people in Europe have read about Seychilles` experience. How can they ignore news from such a credible news source?! - 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-04/world-s-most-vaccinated-nation-reintroduces-curbs-as-cases-surge

I think that if they ignored, that would be a sign of disrespect of... such a credible news source! So, as I think, people in EU just don`t see another choice, other than not buying AZ.

You missed that bit about putting your cap on. Which was the majority vaccine used again remind me?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

You missed that bit about putting your cap on. Which was the majority vaccine used again remind me?

I did not missed anything. There are no news about the second vaccine used. So there is nothing to discuss. But if any, I will analyze them also for sure.

1 minute ago, friendofthai said:

I did not missed anything. There are no news about the second vaccine used. So there is nothing to discuss. But if any, I will analyze them also for sure.

The Seychelles, which relies on tourism for much of its income, began vaccinating its population in January using Chinese-made Sinopharm vaccine doses donated by the United Arab Emirates.

By mid-April about 60% of the vaccine doses administered in the country were Sinopharm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-56992121

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The Seychelles, which relies on tourism for much of its income, began vaccinating its population in January using Chinese-made Sinopharm vaccine doses donated by the United Arab Emirates.

By mid-April about 60% of the vaccine doses administered in the country were Sinopharm

So both of the vaccines used are responsible for the result, aren't they?

Edited by friendofthai
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

So both of the vaccines used are responsible for the result, aren't they?

Try not to rule out other possible factors, it may not be the vaccines at all, no studies on this have been done yet, so don't assume anything until there is some official data.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Wrong.  It's got nothing to do with the Seychelles.  You're just trying to bash the AZ jab, while in other threads, pushing the Russian jab.  A bit biased are we?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Isn't Sinopharm the one tried in UAE where there is now discussion about doing a third shot?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, placnx said:

Isn't Sinopharm the one tried in UAE where there is now discussion about doing a third shot?

All jabs will require a follow up. It's probably going to be like the yearly flu jabs.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

All jabs will require a follow up. It's probably going to be like the yearly flu jabs.

Apparently, they were talking about a 3rd in the immediate future as 2 did not provide adequate antibodies.

• Like 2

Rather strangely, the Seychelles haven’t reported new Covid figures (cases or deaths) yet in May... not sure why... but I doubt that the news will be good when they update their figures.

Edited by chessman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, friendofthai said:

China and Russia will cooperate with WHO for sure. But this cooperation will be very limited. Because this organization has been pressured by the strongest country in this world. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52289056

And WHO obviously does not have army or its own currency to resist such a pressure.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210428-brazil-says-russian-covid-vaccine-carried-live-cold-virus

Brazil says Russian Covid vaccine carried live cold virus

Tainted batches of Russia's Sputnik V Covid vaccine sent to Brazil carried a live version of a common cold-causing virus, the South American country's health regulator reported in a presentation explaining its decision to ban the drug's import.

Top virologist Angela Rasmussen told AFP the finding "raises questions about the integrity of the manufacturing processes" and could be a safety issue for people with weaker immune systems, if the problem was found to be widespread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210428-brazil-says-russian-covid-vaccine-carried-live-cold-virus

Brazil says Russian Covid vaccine carried live cold virus

Tainted batches of Russia's Sputnik V Covid vaccine sent to Brazil carried a live version of a common cold-causing virus, the South American country's health regulator reported in a presentation explaining its decision to ban the drug's import.

Top virologist Angela Rasmussen told AFP the finding "raises questions about the integrity of the manufacturing processes" and could be a safety issue for people with weaker immune systems, if the problem was found to be widespread.

The Russian reaction was to twitter "fake news!"

A trustworthy producer might have explained why this happened, and begun steps to avoid it. 

12 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

The Russian reaction was to twitter "fake news!"

A trustworthy producer might have explained why this happened, and begun steps to avoid it. 

The Russian reaction is... The US just does not have enough resources to pressure all of the 197 countries in this world the same way as they does it with Brazil. There are still too many countries wishing to buy Sputnik V.
This is because the Russian vaccine production techniques are nearly the same during decades. So the quality of the product is well known and easily predictable by the buyers.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

Why do Russians themselves not take it?

You know that most people are neither professional virologists nor university professors. So most people take their opinions from media resources. And in Russia there is a real freedom of press (a very bad thing actually, when it is  _really_  free). So there are thousands of anti-VAX media resources that tell people that it is better not to be vaccinated etc. Many people believe and there are few people in vaccination queues. 

5 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

Hundreds of post ranting about how various vaccines don't work, and no one bothered to do any quick google search about the situation Seychelles?

80% of the recent covid cases in Seychelles are from people who have not been vaccinated.  

http://www.seychellesnewsagency.com/articles/14799/Official+COVID+situation+in+Seychelles+is+manageable

This has to be the most ridiculous thread in the history of the internet.

From the article:

"Around 80 percent of people in Seychelles recently infected with COVID-19 have not been vaccinated"

"Radegonde said that the majority of people who are infected are Seychellois. As they have been vaccinated they are showing few symptoms and are stable."

Is that a contradiction?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, rabas said:

I have a friend who is a professor at the Russian National Academy of Science and his wife also has a background in science. Neither of them will touch the vaccine in spite of me explaining Sputniks' good points. Why? Aside from living a long life in Russia, many scientists there have zero trust in the current government especially the man whose name cannot be mentioned. And no, there is no free press in Russia except maybe free apartments belonging to deceased reporters.

A man who's name can not be mentioned? Give me a break.... You got your countries mixed up.