Pattaya: Time for the police to fine tourists for flouting mask rules, says Thai media

webfact

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

This article is  clearly  meant to stir  up the "bad  Farang"  image when its  apparent to me  many more  Thais are not wearing masks. It realy matters not one bit as to where masks are or  are  not  being worn when rules  have been issued clearly  stating  they should be worn when leaving home outdoors.

Chicken, egg, or egg chicken? They got pictures to prove it!????

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sungod said:

Totally agree, to be balanced they should take photos are the local markets too ????

And also those Thais not wearing masks.

• Like 1

Just now, Rampant Rabbit said:

I  think you  will find it was mentioned in Phuket very recently that not wearing a mask when exercising was  allowed. Again  stupid to  have rules for different areas goverened by the  regional boss, just creates confusion.

You  only  have to  look at the last few  days of foreigners can get a  vaccine  and then the usual complete nationalistic U  turn.

Pattaya is not in Phuket! Provinces can have their own rules. This place is full of confusion, but the mask wearing requirement is unequivocal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I  think you  will find it was mentioned in Phuket very recently that not wearing a mask when exercising was  allowed. Again  stupid to  have rules for different areas goverened by the  regional boss, just creates confusion.

You  only  have to  look at the last few  days of foreigners can get a  vaccine  and then the usual complete nationalistic U  turn.

Agree......runners in BKK (that I have seen) all wearing masks.......god knows how they manage.......but smokers blatantly walking around..... mask around their chin(s).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

Foreigners pay fines , Thais do sit ups, or push downs.... and a lot of Thai this morning on the news applying for a loan on the bank were not wearing a mask even the staff of bank no mask and no social distancing too.. But the falangs are bad ones and are treated improperly by everyone in this country so why should they follow the rules than? 

Oh where to start... bank tellers are behind glass screens and last time I went into a branch, they were being quite stringent. I will give you one reason, they can be chucked out!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Pattaya is not in Phuket! Provinces can have their own rules. This place is full of confusion, but the mask wearing requirement is unequivocal.

This article is from last year but states this, can you show  me  a new one mentioning exercising?  https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/07/mask-wearing-remains-mandatory-in-chonburi-fines-still-reportedly-given-out/

However, it was also stated that one should always have a face-mask on their person and be prepared to wear when not exercising. The Pattaya News advises readers to ensure they have one available if stopped or asked while out for a jog.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1