Buriram becomes first Thai province to penalize refusal for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You seem to be going against traditional science.

I've had mumps, measles, chicken pox, COVID all once but never a second time.

So far my disease antibodies seem to have lasted me a life time.

The issue is Covid-19 antibodies, they don't last very long. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, dave moir said:

At the end of the day everyone educated or uneducated has a right to decide whether or not they want the so called vaccine!

Where?

How long in Thailand to be talking of "rights".

Some we do have, but if government says...

1 hour ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

You mean because citizens of SE Asian countries are considered to be expendable property by their governments and thus have no rights? 

No I meant what I typed, the theory of Human Rights is different in many SE Asian Nations than the concept in many western countries.  One governor making a mandate on compulsory vaccination, would not occur in any nation I can think of. (with the exception of authoritarian dictatorships).

Should that declaration be made it would be made a parliament after considered debate and research, then voted on

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ah the easy fall back to any challenge, pop back to your own country, no reasonable debate available.

Where does a Thai go?

Wasn't debating, merely offering advice to a farang.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

A massive infringement of human rights by an increasingly draconian and totalitarian government. 

Can you sue for human rights breaches in the human rights court?

I'm not aware of there being mandatory vaccination in Thailand. This sets a dangerous precedent. 

Totally agree and if true  the UN will be watching.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

No it doesn't. You can reason it anyway you want, but mandatory vaccination is a crime against humanity.

Informed consent is enshrined in the Nuremburg Code, which this tinpot governor is abusing. He should be brought to trial. 

The principle of voluntary informed consent protects the right of the individual to control his own body. This code also recognizes that the risk must be weighed against the expected benefit, and that unnecessary pain and suffering must be avoided.

However is Thailand a signatory to the code??

I think for it be enforceable they would need to a signatory nation

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Been discussing this with the wife for the last hour ++ while cleaning house and eating lunch. That Buriram governor is an egotistical tyrant that makes Anutin look like a baby in diapers sucking his thumb. Wife says this is an outrage and it is basically communism. Her words not mine. I think he is modelling himself after a certain North Korean dictator and the sad thing is the Junta just turn their head as nothing is wrong. As I said, I am not against eventually getting the jab, but it will be when I feel comfortable and what I choose to take. And this goes for my family too. I can see your feelings on the matter as well.

A face even his mother couldn't love. Sort of looks like the Grinch.

Screenshot-2020-04-24-15.25.08.jpg

You just Google how him and his family amassed their wealth and associated influence. From simple herdsman until they won "the lottery" in the 1960's by selling aggregate to build the American forces infrastructure , some say at grossly inflated prices. How they gained the land is a  mystery !!!  but how they staved of the competition is well documented. In fact the perfect credentials for fitting in with the evolving Thai culture that had emerged earlier 30 odd years earlier.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Pretty silly suppositions...and it only says to register...not get the vaccine. Some members don't even try to post honest information. 

Read this post to set you straight on that:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1217146-buriram-becomes-first-thai-province-to-penalize-refusal-for-covid-19-vaccine/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-16475790

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I did and that's not what it says. I don't agree that coercive measures are the best way to encourage vaccinations but I don't make the laws in Thailand and choose to live here voluntarily. That being said, the welfare of society is a much higher value in Asian societies and these types of collective measures are most often accepted.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

I did and that's not what it says.

you read English thats exactly what it says:

If the person as considered to be at risk, they will have to be vaccinated on the date and time that the authority designates.

Refusal to fill the self-evaluation form can incur a fine of no more than 10,000 baht or jail for no more than one month.

A violator who refuses to be vaccinated could face a fine of no more than 40,000 baht or jail for no more than two years.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27519/buriram-makes-covid-vaccines-compulsory-for-high-risk-groups/

In addition if you actually cick on the link to the OP you will get further information:

Those who refuse to receive vaccine jabs, as ordered, may face a maximum fine of 60,000 Baht – 20,000 Baht for a violation of the Communicable Diseases Act and 40,000 Baht for a violation of the emergency decree – and/or two years in prison.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/buriram-becomes-first-thai-province-to-penalize-refusal-for-covid-19-vaccine/

16 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Pretty silly suppositions...and it only says to register...not get the vaccine. Some members don't even try to post honest information. 

Again twisting whats written for your own agenda.  No suppositions, read the OP Spotter.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/buriram-becomes-first-thai-province-to-penalize-refusal-for-covid-19-vaccine/

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Failure to apply by May 31st is liable to one month in prison and/or a fine of 10,000 Baht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

this is chaotic insanity..first there is no vaccines to sign up for...then you are forced to take a vaccine which you don't want because of the brand or its against your best wishes for your own health and safety...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

you read English thats exactly what it says:

If the person as considered to be at risk, they will have to be vaccinated on the date and time that the authority designates.

Refusal to fill the self-evaluation form can incur a fine of no more than 10,000 baht or jail for no more than one month.

A violator who refuses to be vaccinated could face a fine of no more than 40,000 baht or jail for no more than two years.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27519/buriram-makes-covid-vaccines-compulsory-for-high-risk-groups/

In addition if you actually cick on the link to the OP you will get further information:

Those who refuse to receive vaccine jabs, as ordered, may face a maximum fine of 60,000 Baht – 20,000 Baht for a violation of the Communicable Diseases Act and 40,000 Baht for a violation of the emergency decree – and/or two years in prison.

It was said people have to be vaccinated by a certain date and this was impossible because of a lack of supply, so they would be fined. Obviously this is not true...they must only register. If they are scheduled for a jab and refuse they may be fined or jailed. Next.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

It was said people have to be vaccinated by a certain date and this was impossible because of a lack of supply, so they would be fined. Obviously this is not true...they must only register. If they are scheduled for a jab and refuse they may be fined or jailed. Next.

Ok so I was correct then, you can't read English, that explains it, good day

24 minutes ago, Excel said:

You just Google how him and his family amassed their wealth and associated influence. From simple herdsman until they won "the lottery" in the 1960's by selling aggregate to build the American forces infrastructure , some say at grossly inflated prices. How they gained the land is a  mystery !!!  but how they staved of the competition is well documented. In fact the perfect credentials for fitting in with the evolving Thai culture that had emerged earlier 30 odd years earlier.

Couldn't find anything on him or family for some reason. Sounds like a person and family who would sell his sole to the devil and enjoy it. Too much wealth, ego and power. I feel sorry for Buriram people having these families ruling them.

3 hours ago, thasoss said:

why?......those that take a vaccine surely would have no fear? and those that don't, have to accept the greater risk.

The same reason that it's mandatory in the us for kids to get vaccinated. Individual right shouldn't always trump obligations to society.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Couldn't find anything on him or family for some reason. Sounds like a person and family who would sell his sole to the devil and enjoy it. Too much wealth, ego and power. I feel sorry for Buriram people having these families ruling them.

Its how the family attained their wealth which is more worrying. Having said that the way it is portrayed is so similar to how many others in Thailand achieved it unfortunately. As a hint search the family name using a VPN  then follow the links. Tor is also a good browser to use. 

10 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

"Failure to apply," i. e., register. Next.

So exactly where did I say go to jail for not vaccinating.  Learn to read and not misquote. Your having a bad day Sir.

• Like 1