Buriram becomes first Thai province to penalize refusal for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Nothing negative when a basic human right is removed.  Tell me you believe in being told what vaccine you will take and if you don't take it you will go to jail.  Perfectly within our rights to discuss the inequities that have been put in the news.  To you not agreeing with something being forced upon you or anyone else is negative, However I see it as a basic right to make a decision for ones self.  Now if they have many vaccines to choose from and the one I want is available I will be in line to take it.  Being told if I don't sign up to be vaccinated by May 31st, yet being also told we can not until August creates quite a conundrum for you and I as well and a discussion of the issues is far from being negative.   

ThailandRyan, well said, imposing a specific vaccine without any personal choice seems very wrong to me. 

1 minute ago, thasoss said:

It wont be long till they make vaccination a condition of applying for extension of stay.

I would say that is inevitable and then those of us who would refuse the Chinese or Russian vaccines, if they are the only ones offered,  are screwed.  Ah well, The British Virgin Islands, or Florida are looking more attractive by the day. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

Its a watershed moment for a quasi military dictatorship. Imajine if this was actually a sterilizing population control measure. 

It is your choice, get vaccinated or leave. Very easy.

I hope the governor in Chiang Rai does the same thing. I have been trying to register for a while.

• Confused 1

I am wondering if the board of Lawyers in Thailand can find out if this is legal to do. In my opinion there can't be  a law that force you to get vaccinated. And if there is not such a law than the people who are behind this stupid rule must go to court for fake news, conspiracy, and other things.. They do it with protestors in section 112 and using loudspeakers so a lot of other thins can be found for them too 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Harm Hendrik Reitsma said:

Actually it may be against the international law of human integrety of your body. Your body is your own and nobody is in the Right to invade your body against your Will, including Jabs.

Your comment violates the international treaty on unconscionable public speculation of unverifiable thoughts before googling. Had you googled:

54% of all countries mandate at least one type of vaccination. Many countries including the US require vaccines for school and welfare  programs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

How long before some dodgy Agents start offering 'authentic vaccine passports' to produce at your next extension date, once Immigration make it compulsory to have one? Answers on a post card to the PM please. 

13 hours ago, sungod said:

I'm kinda confused, first we had a bunch or foreingers complaining they couldn't get a vaccine, now we have a bunch of foreigners complaining they will be forced to have one. ????

We want choices Not Chinese only 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Sinovac has been reported to have caused minor side effects in 9 nursing students here in Thailand and there are no other reports on side effects .

That made me laugh.  Since when has China ever been open about the side effects of anything they do, or indeed anything else. Take with a massive pinch of salt I would say.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Havnern said:

That would be a violation of human rights.... 

haha, yep, and Thailand are all about the Civil Rights of its citizens and expats. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, kynikoi said:

The irony not lost on the fact that for all intents and purposes there are no vaccines.

Actually, this is pretty insane. It appears you are breaking the law for merely not signing up. Pretty ignorant.

I once again am left wondering if this is codified law or just some government mafioso bringing damnation.

'... there are no vaccines.'

There's been so many announcements about manufacturing (in LOS) of vaccines / offshore ordering / actual receipt of vaccines etc., etc.

What is the truth?

I doubt anybody has a full clear picture of the real facts.

13 minutes ago, thasoss said:

yes we are,and nowhere to go if borders are still closed,vaccination to fly and my country australia still closed.Never in our lives have we seen democracy implode so quickly into a totalitarian nightmare.

Try to apply for asylum as a political refugee on your country, you will see that you get it and receive free room and board with pocket money

2 hours ago, rabas said:

According to my Buriram relatives who are getting vaccinated today, it has already started.

It does make you wonder doesn’t it. Without Bhum Jai Thai the government is powerless and they have them over a barrel (hence Chidchob having the country’s flagship cash cow Transport Ministry) . Have Bhum Jai Thai coerced the Goverment into providing vaccines to Buriram (their stronghold) first?

I mean there really aren’t many vaccines here and when you read about all the places and groups that have been promised to vaccinated first the numbers just dont add up.

• Like 1