Buriram becomes first Thai province to penalize refusal for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

One can just see the execs and the shareholders of Big Pharma licking their chops. This plague is an absolute wet dream for them. It is a real shame when some are able to make a fortune off the misfortune of others. I suppose it has always been that way, but it is not necessarily a healthy aspect of modern day society. For sure, it is the ugly side of capitalism. 

It would be a great thing if we could impose fines and jail terms on the officials who were responsible for the heinous failure of the vaccination program. They are the one who truly deserve to be locked up. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Verified medical references with quantified risk assessment? Thanks.

just do a search on google and stop trying to be a s*******e and you might learn something that many countries have learnt about AstraZenica and the side effects

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am afraid that our western idea of Human Rights are often at odds with the application in SE Asian countries, as well as many other countries

You mean because citizens of SE Asian countries are considered to be expendable property by their governments and thus have no rights? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

Have you been vaccinated against smallpox?

Yellow fever?

Just a couple of many required vaccinations, depending on location.

In the US SCOTUS ruled long ago that the state absolutely has a legal right to require certain medical actions for the general welfare. Also seatbelts, etc.

Your "right" to swing your fist ends where my nose begins.

There are no mandatory vaccinations in the USA and never will be. States decide vaccination law, and both at the federal and state level, there are exemptions. 

• Like 1

agreeing to do something and being forced to do something are two totally different things, that is what makes the world go round, not to mention the money that can be made here by corrupt people is enormous no holes to poke in this story

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

It is not correct to compare the current covid-19 mass-vaccination campaigns with 'old school' targeted mandatory vaccination programs.

Not to mention in the USA there are exemptions to vaccination in every state (although a few make it rather difficult). In those cases, homeschooling is always an option. Clearly that guy didn't do his due diligence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Maybe you are right but the fear of finding yourself in a cell with 30 overpopulated people and not knowing when I could leave is a threat to be taken into account.

I don't think it will get to that, so easily. People can resist - pay a bribe, not allow the authorities into their house, run away, take the government to court etc. For foreigners no issue we just leave the country. For Thais - they have to do one of the things I just mentioned.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

So damned if you do and damned if you don't if you're a foreigner living in Buriram then, by the look of things. Come 1st June I can envisage this sort of conversation taking place:-

Buriram cop: "Why haven't you registered for your COVID-19 jab?"

Foreigner: "Because as a foreigner I'm not allowed to register before July"

Buriram cop: "That's no excuse! It's a 2-year stint for you in the Buriram Hilton, matey."

Doesn't apply to foreigners, so don't worry. 

2 hours ago, Keesters said:

Is any country in the world mandating vaccination? 

Yes. Cambodia apparently - starting with government workers and civil servants. Also, red zone residents in Phnom Penh and other cities. Later, the general population. Not sure how a vaccine can be forced on a rural rice farmer though, but most urban residents, especially those in the formal sector of the economy have been warned.

Hun Sen did later retract his statement to say that garment factories should not YET demand mandatory vaccination in order to return to work, as there is not enough vaccine around.

It is implied that barring a retraction of this threat, that most Cambodians the government designates as being eligible for the vaccine, may be required to receive it by the end of the year. Already most residents of Phnom Penh red zones have. 

Check out the numerous articles on khmertimeskh.com and phnompenhpost.com for more details. There are probably at least a dozen articles, dating back to early April, on the topic.

Also, Jakarta is threatening fines for refusal, based on a report from the Wall Street Journal.

China officially has a mandatory vaccination law in place since Dec 1, 2019. That stated, so far at least, it does not appear that Covid-19 vaccines are being forced on the population at large.

This means Thailand (even if so far only Buri Ram) is MORE totalitarian and a greater abuser of human rights, than China is.

Given Thailand has gone full gestapo on face masks (whereas in most of China, outdoor face masks haven't been required since August 2020 if not earlier, and in many schools they haven't been required since June 2020) I'd say China has much more freedom at the moment. 

Edited by TheFreqFlyer
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

just do a search on google and stop trying to be a s*******e and you might learn something that many countries have learnt about AstraZenica and the side effects

Here is the recent research.  It is still speculative but may well be. J&J has announced they will work with the researcher. It is also a new result and I asked for references to see if you were aware of it or were just repeating media hype. If you are aware then you will also know the statistical occurrence is minimal compared to covid clotting. You didn't seem to know this.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/949636

https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-440461/v1

Edited by rabas

14 hours ago, sungod said:

I'm kinda confused, first we had a bunch or foreingers complaining they couldn't get a vaccine, now we have a bunch of foreigners complaining they will be forced to have one. ????

They should be asking for a vaccine for Cabin Fever.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

In the last year more people died of the covid vaccines that are available then people that have died from every vaccine for whatever illness available in the last 20 years . So now think about where your nose begins . Probably some place where the sun doesn't shine . 

Indeed. Easily verifiable through the VAERS database and other government sources.

Although I am skeptical of all vaccines, cherry picking and whataboutism has no place in this debate. The yellow fever shot that other guy was talking about is not something very many travelers would have been subjected to. Only relevant if traveling to/coming from certain African and Latin American countries. Medical contraindications would allow for a vaccine exemption certificate. No issues then with traveling. 

Clearly some vaccines are more dangerous than others. As you have rightfully stated, these Covid vaccines seem to be by far the most dangerous of any vaccines previously developed and I thought the HPV one was bad; this one is even worse. 

Also, as for smallpox vaccines, a little known fact is the WHO directed countries to stop using them, since they were deemed too dangerous. They simply declared smallpox as "eradicated" when in fact, it was the vaccines that were deemed problematic and not the disease, which had already been effectively wiped out decades earlier. This happened in 1980, and since then the only individuals who've received smallpox shots are members of the US armed forces (and possibly other countries). 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kwaibill said:

Sorry, but not correct. In your own words, it is decided at "both the state and federal level".

Children may be denied entry to scool absent vaccination proof.

Green card applicants have a list of absolutely required vaccinations. vaccinations.

"Vaccination policy in the United States - Wikipedia" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccination_policy_in_the_United_States

Sorry but you are completely incorrect.

Personal and religious exemptions can be legally used in most states for school children. 

There are NO federal vaccination requirements. For green card applicants, you can absolutely use a personal or religious waiver to get out of the requirement. 

Edited by TheFreqFlyer

14 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

A massive infringement of human rights by an increasingly draconian and totalitarian government. 

Can you sue for human rights breaches in the human rights court?

I'm not aware of there being mandatory vaccination in Thailand. This sets a dangerous precedent. 

Neurenburg trials

• Like 1