Buriram becomes first Thai province to penalize refusal for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Would be surprised if they had the vaccine available for 5% of their population.

They don't.  Its roughly 2 percentage, mostly useless Chinese <deleted>.

Guest Harm Hendrik Reitsma
13 hours ago, kynikoi said:

The irony not lost on the fact that for all intents and purposes there are no vaccines.

Actually, this is pretty insane. It appears you are breaking the law for merely not signing up. Pretty ignorant.

I once again am left wondering if this is codified law or just some government mafioso bringing damnation.

Actually it may be against the international law of human integrety of your body. Your body is your own and nobody is in the Right to invade your body against your Will, including Jabs.

9 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

I'm right. If you think the army is going door to door to forcibly vaccinate foreigners against our will, then I think you've gone down the realm of conspiracy theory because that is never going to happen. The worst that could happen is we are given a week or so to leave the country. 

I am justifiably concerned about this mafia threat by the Buri Ram governor, which at this point in time only applies to Thais. However, I don't think it will be easy to jail potentially hundreds of thousands of people. 

Maybe you are right but the fear of finding yourself in a cell with 30 overpopulated people and not knowing when I could leave is a threat to be taken into account.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

The TVF newsflash states > The northeastern province of Buriram has become the first province in Thailand to mandate COVID-19 vaccination for all individuals aged 18 and older, with possible penalties as high as two years in prison and a maximum of 60,000 Baht.

So according to that despotic Governor everyone over 18 years of age is considered a high-risk group?

What about those with contra-indications for vaccination, pregnant women, etc.

It's a massive breach of human rights and in any civilized country that Buriram governor would be degraded/removed on the spot after having made such a statement.

I would have said an action involving the rough end of a pineapple but given the way many sycophantic governors are then couldn't be too sure he would just enjoy it ????

• Haha 1

I think the Thai people are confused on which Vaccine is good for them 

The UK had the Astra Zeneca and vaccinated the population

Here in Thailand there are different makes Astra Zeneca

Moderna. Pfizer Biontech and Sinovac which has a bit of negativity about it people are now confused which is the one for them????

12 hours ago, sungod said:

I'm kinda confused, first we had a bunch or foreingers complaining they couldn't get a vaccine, now we have a bunch of foreigners complaining they will be forced to have one. ????

????Different bunch!????

16 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I think the Thai people are confused on which Vaccine is good for them 

The UK had the Astra Zeneca and vaccinated the population

Here in Thailand there are different makes Astra Zeneca

Moderna. Pfizer Biontech and Sinovac which has a bit of negativity about it people are now confused which is the one for them????

Well tell them its Lao Khao and they will be scrambling for it ????????

12 hours ago, Trujillo said:

What about those who had covid and recovered (the approximately 98%)? They have the same or greater (read: Chinese vaccine in particular) protection naturally as from a vaccine. 

Vaccines are a way to "trick" the body into thinking it needs to make anti-bodies without actually having the sickness; therefore, those who have tested positive in the past, and are not now deceased, are protected in exactly the same way, only achieved via natural means. This is not a secret, yet why is this fact being ignored?

Absolutely. I would like to know if I have HAD Covid. I suspect I may have last year. Anyone know where you can get reliable antibody tests done? Again, I ask the same question: What if you have had it already and recovered? 

So damned if you do and damned if you don't if you're a foreigner living in Buriram then, by the look of things. Come 1st June I can envisage this sort of conversation taking place:-

Buriram cop: "Why haven't you registered for your COVID-19 jab?"

Foreigner: "Because as a foreigner I'm not allowed to register before July"

Buriram cop: "That's no excuse! It's a 2-year stint for you in the Buriram Hilton, matey."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1