Moderna vaccine to be available from October

webfact

19 hours ago, ezzra said:

All that it can be said is that A lot of water will flow in the Mekong river between now and the first of October...

They will have the  country open then to vaccinated tourists, in certain areas where they have vaccinated 70% of the population. 

Question? what vaccine will they use, I don't think Astra will be in full production by then, you may never know, after all they will be able to put men on the moon soon. 

3 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

This Government is pathetic, why oh why is it taking so long to roll out the Moderna vaccine, 

Oh forgot, there's more kick back if they use the Sinovac or AZ vaccine, the leaders should be ashamed of themselves... 

It's quite possible that they thought they would have a smooth run and be producing Astra full swing by now. 

India has thrown a spanner in the works and is not producing it full swing yet, and component supply is said to be a problem. 

Then Complications with Astra, only add to this. 

No one was prepared for the massive Indian outbreak, so many politicians got caught with their pants down. 

Helen Clarke, United Nations said political bad management has allowed the virus to spread hugely in many countries. 

Source RNZ news. 

So vaccinating 70% of the population in certain areas of LOS in time for the big opening may be a big ask. 

They may have to get supplies from other producers, Russia has offered to help and has donated vaccine to India. 

The politicians and lobbyists are now at it full time bickering over who gets what and whose pockets are filled. The WHO says they should be united to fight this. 

My guess is it's never going to happen. 

Meantime Israel and Palestine don't seem to be worried about corona virus, quite content to blow each other up during a pandemic. 

Arms manufacturers and their customers worldwide are at it full swing, their customers blowing each other up, with no concerns about corona virus, or vaccination it seems. 

This means that wars take priority over the pandemic. 

Big money to be made from the fireworks suppliers, and they seem to have more clout than the United Nations, WHO or any President or PM of any country. 

17 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Yeah why buy the better version off anything when you can get by with the lucky dip version !! ???? 

Private hospital finances can’t be controlled by the government , unlike a vaccine budget . So approve something but then tell people they can’t have it until such a time they have waited that long they will have been forced to have the government one . ????

...how did that song go!..."build me up..build me up, buttercup baby..just to let me down".

• Like 1

This morning the BP are reporting that Phuket will not accept tourists who come from risk countries and who have not been vaccinated, except from the European zone and China?

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1393722264193966080

Chonburi Public Health Office has just just announced that they have 48 new cases today. The total so far is now 3,692. Most new cases are in Bang Lamung/Pattaya (29), Chonburi City (2), and Sriracha (5) #COVID19 #Thailand

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1393722264193966080

Chonburi Public Health Office has just just announced that they have 48 new cases today. The total so far is now 3,692. Most new cases are in Bang Lamung/Pattaya (29), Chonburi City (2), and Sriracha (5) #COVID19 #Thailand

any reports accessible about ICU bed utilization?

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

any reports accessible about ICU bed utilization?

Not as yet, although I don't recall having seen such a report for Pattaya

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Not as yet, although I don't recall having seen such a report for Pattaya

ICU utilization rate is probably the best way to determine whether cases reallly are declining or not. And the lag time would be less than for deaths.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

ICU utilization rate is probably the best way to determine whether cases reallly are declining or not. And the lag time would be less than for deaths.

Chonburi tests more than a thousand people a day, that’s not enough for you?

19 hours ago, worldview said:

Here we go again!  This whole issue does not pass the smell test??  It is mid-May, the Thai FDA has already given EUA to the Moderna vaccine and now it will take until October for anyone to get their 'jab' at a private hospital?  How completely ridiculous and inept is the government (we already know) and/or Zuellig not to be able to expedite the importation of the Moderna vaccine.  None of this (as usual) makes any sense.  

Here we go again. Another expert on vaccine deliveries.

16 hours ago, jayboy said:

I don't really understand the logic here.I suppose it depends on the degree of one's vulnerability and the confidence one has that the current spike will be quickly contained. For say even a 50 year old man in reasonable health if AZ becomes available in July, it would be a very rash bet not to take the jab preferring to wait for a "better" version which might or might not become available later in the year.Let's hope that the virus will rapidly be  controlled.If it's not, there will be some foreigners who preferred to wait for a "better vaccine" who will (or their friends and relatives will) bitterly regret that choice.In short [b]every approved vaccine "works", at very least by preventing extreme outcomes.[/b]

As unprepared as I was for such an answer, you are correct. 

I say this because, FWIW, I had an opportunity to consult with an MD who is an expert in infectious diseases and virology (and one of the US Army’s top ID docs) yesterday, and she gave me the same advice, e.g., the SinoVac and AZ vaccines are no less safe than any other brand, and some vaccine was ultimately better than none.

Potential side effects of SV and AZ can occur with any vaccine, she said.

• Like 1

BREAKING: Thai health ministry reporting 24 deaths and 2,302 cases on Sunday. Full update at 12:30pm.

13 May: 4,887 - 32 dead

14 May: 2,256 - 30 dead

15 May: 3,095 - 17 dead

16 May: 2,302 - 24 dead <— TODAY

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1393735335834619905

• Like 1

It’s strange that there is no mention today of the 1,219 new infections found in three prisons. The press release from the Department of Corrections was released yesterday at 12:00pm and so should have been added to the national tally. The deadline for that is midnight.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1393745415296618497

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000925

The number of new Covid-19 cases in the Asean region on Saturday was higher than on the previous day, but fatalities were lower. Vietnam, meanwhile, reported its first death from Covid-19 since September last year.

Asean sees rise in Covid-19 patients, but fewer deaths

Those countries that continue to see rising infections are worrisome as the scale per population are quite the same as India. Malaysia for example almost at par with India. 

*INDIA*
Population= 1,391,271,798
Total cases= 20,275,543
Ratio
*1 case out of   68.6 person*

*MALAYSIA*
Population= 32,710,014
Total cases= 417,512
Ratio
*1 case out of   78.3 person*!!! 

So we should encourage everyone to take the SinoVac and/or AstraZeneca shots—to help the government to burn through their inventory?  And the sooner that happens—the sooner the better vaccines arrive?

Just now, Isaan sailor said:

So we should encourage everyone to take the SinoVac and/or AstraZeneca shots—to help the government to burn through their inventory?  And the sooner that happens—the sooner the better vaccines arrive?

You should take those vaccines so you don't get seriously ill or die.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

That's what I'm reading.  It's the current train of thought among the medical experts.  We'll never rid the plant of this virus.  Like the Spanish flu, it will be here for the rest of our lives.

What's important is hospitalizations and deaths.  Lots of people get the flu every year.  Lots of people will be getting CV19 every year from now on.  Reducing hospitalizations and deaths is the only thing we can do.

Seychelles is a great example.  Great vaccination program, but a covid outbreak.  Guess what?  Those vaccinated didn't die and didn't end up in the ICU.  Great news!!!  The jabs work.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rabas said:

A long time friend who works at the Air Force hospital said she personally knows of people (maybe 2) who have had been vaccinated with Pfizer.  This was one month ago.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Pfizer has already been imported for VVIPs.   If you have the power and the money, you demand the best and get it.

10 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

This Government is pathetic, why oh why is it taking so long to roll out the Moderna vaccine, 

Oh forgot, there's more kick back if they use the Sinovac or AZ vaccine, the leaders should be ashamed of themselves... 

Absolutely.  Moderna has to be  bought at the rack rate which is well known.  Sinovac has been marked up hugely and as for the local AZ pricing....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Anyone believe the number of new cases from Burma?

One of the reporting problems associated with poor nations, and especially poor misgoverned nations, is that they don't have the infrsastructure to provide accurate health statistics or any statistics at all. The real worldwide covid totals are much higher than the official numbers.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2021 at 4:41 PM, Puccini said:

It is unlikely that the law to which the governor of Buriram referred, the Communicable Diseases Act, has changed or been abolished in the last six months.

Huh? The data referred to was the COST per dose of various brands dated Dec 01 2020... basically before they were fully rolled out.

Why you are on to me about Buriram I have no idea....

16 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

At this point it's taking so long because there's a queue and Thailand is pretty much at the back of it.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 3:50 PM, clivebaxter said:

Yeah face book knows best, my Mrs told me what nonsense they believe off there!

That is the inevitable result of the Thai conventional media, entirely controlled by the establishment, confining it's reporting of just about everything to coverage of assorted Hi-Sos mincing and gurning around the capital.

I wonder if anyone under 30 watches the TV news anymore?

On 5/15/2021 at 2:55 PM, PGSan said:

What were they doing there at all?  Shame on them! 

They sent an understrength Engineer Battalion for a year, in 2003/2004 under considerable political pressure from the United States.

They were inadequately equipped and not effective, the force protection (troops to guard them) whilst carrying out any engineering tasks was greater than any benefits which they may have brought. There were also severe problems with communications (language).

They basically kicked their heels for a year before being withdrawn, they were not happy chaps, apart from the command element - who basically didn't have a clue what they were doing but were there for career enhancing reasons.

They were known as "The Olympic Flames" because they never went out!

More schemes and Scams.....

Imagine the back room arguing taking place now between The Medical Profession ( Including dentists) who need or want to provide quality service.. . 

But The Government can't take action until ....when? OKTOBER?   

A call to a wing commander could have all of the US vaccines here next week.

I thought we had a military parliamentary and government.....  Let's get on with it already.