Moderna vaccine to be available from October

webfact

I wouldn't be surprised if lots of vaccination plans get delayed.  They were supposed to do health workers first.  We've talked to nurses at a private and government hospital where we live in Ratchaburi.  None of the nurses have even been vaccinated yet.  Just some of the doctors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PGSan said:

What were they doing there at all?  Shame on them! 

Why shame on them?

They were just carrying out orders given to the by the politicians as 99% of the military worldwide do.

The shame lies with the politicians who sent them there.

Politicians start wars and then expect the military to end them and become the winning side.

"A third shot". Ah yes. So after 6 months the 3rd shot propaganda will begin. Borders will still be closed until everyone gets their 4th shot. The goalposts will be moved once more and then Covid-22 shots will be required, this time 3 doses taken 3 days apart and so forth. I can already see where this is going. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Yep back of the queue sometimes is a good thing.

It depends on how long the queue is and what delays occur, between you joining the queue and eventually getting served.

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Well I'm gonna take the AZ when it comes to my village, and after the 2 jabs will wait until either Pfizer of Moderna are available and get the booster shots. Have read that mixing 2 different vaccines this way actually has higher efficacy.

Good idea.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

"A third shot". Ah yes. So after 6 months the 3rd shot propaganda will begin. Borders will still be closed until everyone gets their 4th shot. The goalposts will be moved once more and then Covid-22 shots will be required, this time 3 doses taken 3 days apart and so forth. I can already see where this is going. 

Maybe you should clean your crystal ball more often.

You are only guessing with no basis in fact at all.

35 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

Why not take both? Take whatever is available now (Sinovac) and when Moderna is available take it too. (if you can afford, of course) 

I believe that is an appealing idea. I would even assume (as a naive non-expert on the subject) that two vaccines with completely different mechanisms would not interfere with each other very much and should actually protect in two different ways. Moderna is based on mRNA, Sinovac on inactivated particles and AstraZeneca on Adenovirus. Of course there is no study on this yet.

• Thanks 1

Seems Sinovac has been pretty much a "meh" and China really has not been at the Apex of real Western Healthcare advancement. What is more interesting to me is if anyone as any info on the Quality Control to be exerted on AZ here at a plant that has yet to produce any kind of vaccine. Seems AZ would be sending a team of experts to make sure the stuff is made right. Regardless of personal and political opinions it is a vaccine with worldwide integrity so if they can produce it here with the proper QC it might provide an option.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

I've looked on Lazada to find where you got your crystal ball told you "borders will still be closed until everyone gets their 4th shoot." Was it made in China?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr Uachart Kanchanaphitak of Ramkhamhaeng Hospital

Who's he and how would he know Moderna's delivery schedule?

If Australia have already made an order but have to wait until the end of the year and into next year for it to be delivered, there's no chance of Thailand getting it earlier.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I believe that is an appealing idea. I would even assume (as a naive non-expert on the subject) that two vaccines with completely different mechanisms would not interfere with each other very much and should actually protect in two different ways. Moderna is based on mRNA, Sinovac on inactivated particles and AstraZeneca on Adenovirus. Of course there is no study on this yet.

There are ongoing studies on this but we're waiting for the results.

4 hours ago, malibukid said:

they want to unload the Astrazenica first

Mmmmm......surely the Sinovac will be first followed by the locally produced AstraZenica......followed by very limited supplies of whatever when it is found Sinovac does not provide the required protection from the variants. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Derek B said:

Mmmmm......surely the Sinovac will be first followed by the locally produced AstraZenica......followed by very limited supplies of whatever when it is found Sinovac does not provide the required protection from the variants. 

Something tells me you have zero evidence to back up your claim about the Sinovac' vaccine's level of protection from variants. Whereas those of us who actually follow the science see that in Brazil, in the town of Serrana, it is performing brilliantly against the dangerous Brazilian variant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The news comes as reports from a leading private hospital in Bangkok who opened registration for Moderna at 3,500 baht for two jabs promptly removed the channel citing "miscommunication". 

Good profit. UE bought Moderna vaccine at 18 USD per dose !

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

As far as I am aware the only treatment currently available to expats is bleach and sunlight. ????

On the bright side, quite literally, we have plenty of sunshine here. I won't touch the bleach though.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, J Town said:

I hear there is a helluva sale on hydroxychloroquine.

You forgot the powerful extra large uv flashlight and the Lysol infusion lol all jokes aside I sincerely hope Thailand gets the maderna vaccine like NOW! No excuses get it done!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Of course they are going to say that so they dont end up with a huge bill for stuff no one really wants and its stuck on the shelf! because something better is available.

And it will take longer time before the herd immunity is in place=longer time before tourists come=longer time before money drops in.

• Like 1