Moderna vaccine to be available from October

webfact

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Moderna just delayed shipments to Canada, the UK and OZ.  They'd already ordered and paid for the jabs.  I think they're no looking at deliveries sometime in December.  I'm guessing our delivery of Moderna will be in 2022.

And by then, the Indian variant will be here and we'll need boosters...or different jabs.

Who knows how many other variants by then

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, natway09 said:

500 Bht surcharge for 2 syringes, a person to administer 2 shots, the paperwork required to produce a certificate, a place to be in while being administered, waste removal  & disposal of used medical waste blah blah

Some of you guys are miserable, do not worry about the cost worry about when !!!!

Why are you in a rage? We just want to know why spokesmen previously said 3000 baht for two shots and now it has magically jumped to 3500.  

4 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

...Pfizer already made it clear they are ready to deliver to Thailand but instead they order the more expensive Sinovac vaccine which no one wants...

The Sinovac vaccine is more expensive than the Pfizer vaccine? I find this difficult to believe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, The Cipher said:

Uh oh. October's some time away. Sounds like some folks will have to face their fears one way or another ????‍♂️

Lol, I'll wait until October for mine. They could have 50,000 new cases each day and I won't change my mind.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A leading doctor has advised them to go down the state route and get free vaccines of the Sinovac (Chinese) or AstraZeneca (produced in Thailand from next month) when it's their turn.

And most Thais I know, especially the younger ones don't want Sinovac or AZ... they have either not registered or even cancelled a booked appointment.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

As the headline says: Thai people are urged not to wait for Moderna.. Happily I am a foreigner so I can wait, becaus ei don't want Sinovac or AZ

Yep back of the queue sometimes is a good thing.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

And most Thais I know, especially the younger ones don't want Sinovac or AZ...

Can confirm. Everyone I know here is under 35 and they are more concerned about those two vaccines than the actual virus. Wrongly, I might add, but it is what it is.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Puccini said:

The Sinovac vaccine is more expensive than the Pfizer vaccine? I find this difficult to believe.

Check out
https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=11150&filename=index

The Cabinet has approved a budget of 321.6 million baht from the 2021 national budget to buy 500,000 doses of COVID-19 vaccine from Sinovac Biotech, so that the people in Thailand can have equitable access to vaccination against COVID-19.

290mil for 500,000 doses by my calculation that's B580 per dose and I've heard it was more expensive than that.
The price list below is a bit old Sinovac is still one of the most expensive if you search google you will probably more up to date prices. Pfizer are also offering their vaccine for $10 to 3rd world countries like Africa Thailand would probably get the same deal. And guess what only 3rd World countries are buying Sinovac one wonders why?

501536146_EoPSqiFXYAQsd-3-Copy.jpg.8a61d66856b7fabfa2333b141dcd70aa.jpg

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

"Yesterday Thai health minister and DPM Anutin Charnvirakul said....."

Whatever it is that he said, it'll be controversial, and probably reversed  so that tomorrow or the day after he can get back in the spotlight  and make another speech.

Does he not realise how dumb he makes himself look with these statements, and continual U turns? (No need for an answer on that one!)

• Like 1

Just now, sambum said:

"Yesterday Thai health minister and DPM Anutin Charnvirakul said....."

Whatever it is that he said, it'll be controversial, and probably reversed  so that tomorrow or the day after he can get back in the spotlight  and make another speech.

Does he not realise how he makes himself look with these statements, and continual U turns? (No need for an answer on that one!)

Well I'm gonna take the AZ when it comes to my village, and after the 2 jabs will wait until either Pfizer of Moderna are available and get the booster shots. Have read that mixing 2 different vaccines this way actually has higher efficacy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Anutin stated that there would no delays although it was not sure when the vaccine would come. Now they have said October so October it will be.. But what I don't understand is that the private hospitals wrote that 2 jabs would be no more than 3.000 THB, and now suddenly the government interfere and the will cost 4.500 THB.. Why are the private hospitals not uniting and tell the Government that they dont want to higher price, because it will go in the pockets of Mr Anutin and Prayuth for sure

Up to six million doses will be imported through a government channel on behalf of the private sector due to legal restrictions, the association said.

“We have no intention of making profit out of it,” the Association’s secretary Paiboon Eksaengsri said. 

Here is your answer it goes thru government hands first so that's where the price went from 3000baht to 4500baht .

I asked myself the same qeustion , didn't they say it would be no more then 3000baht including the insurance . But igeuss the next news will be that the 2 shots are 4500baht and then some 1000baht to 1500baht more for the insurance . 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

Check out
https://thailand.prd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=11150&filename=index

290mil for 500,000 doses by my calculation that's B580 per dose and I've heard it was more expensive than that.
The price list below is a bit old Sinovac is still one of the most expensive if you search google you will probably more up to date prices. Pfizer are also offering their vaccine for $10 to 3rd world countries like Africa Thailand would probably get the same deal. And guess what only 3rd World countries are buying Sinovac one wonders why?

501536146_EoPSqiFXYAQsd-3-Copy.jpg.8a61d66856b7fabfa2333b141dcd70aa.jpg

Data from 6 month ago? What freaking use is that?

10 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Read the latest news from Burriam. 

Thank you. I found this:

Buriram province to penalize high-risk groups refusing COVID-19 vaccine

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/buriram-becomes-first-thai-province-to-penalize-refusal-for-covid-19-vaccine/

Very illuminating. I understand that there are many expats living in Buriram, all falling into the category of "every individual, aged 18 or more". It will be interesting to see how this plays out, whether anyone, Thai or foreigner, will be fined or taken to court for failure to apply for vaccination by the end of this month. Hopefully, ThaiVisa will report about it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Data from 6 month ago? What freaking use is that?

It is unlikely that the law to which the governor of Buriram referred, the Communicable Diseases Act, has changed or been abolished in the last six months.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

So why vaccinated people are forced to go in quarantine now?

It's because Thai people are not vaccinated

and before enough number of Thai people will be vaccinated to avoid the risk of another outbreak, it could take dozens of months

Look at how small countries, with more money, a better organisation

and less population like Israel (10 milions vs 70 millions for Thailand)

have managed to vaccinate only 60% of their population in 1 year

and they have now problems to convince the 40% remaining to do it

So far there is 0 country in the world having reached the famous

herd immunity rate, nobody knows is the herd immunity is even

possible (With the new strains and the situation in Seychelles for example)

....And Chile. You can't depend on herd immunity.  There isn't such a thing I believe with Covid-19.

I’m over 60. I don’t have a Pink Card.  I registered in person to receive Covid vaccine in Chiang Mai at the Siri-Wattana Market on the second floor.  The provincial health department had everything set up for in-person registration there.  When I arrived there were four people ahead of me, one was a Brit.  I used my USA passport.  Everyone registering, Thai and foreigners alike, were advised to watch the department website for information on how to, as the next step, schedule the jabs.  “Coming very soon” was the mantra.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Of course they are going to say that so they dont end up with a huge bill for stuff no one really wants and its stuck on the shelf! because something better is available.

"The shelf life of the unopened vials is less than 6 months and they should remain in their original boxes in the fridge until the time of usage. From the time of vial opening (first needle puncture) to administration, the product may be kept and used at temperatures up to 30°C for a single period of up to 6 hours"
Apr 8, 2564 BE
image.png.aee78c338c566d9ea7a59f9876b6eb17.png
https://www.hse.ie › hcpinfo
PDF
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Moderna to flow like wine, while sinovac gets flushed down the drains and money is lost while money is gainef.

Not to forget  Sinovac was a donation (so they said)  555

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Why are you in a rage? We just want to know why spokesmen previously said 3000 baht for two shots and now it has magically jumped to 3500.  

What to make a small wager?

By the time the shots are available it won't be for 3500 baht