Moderna vaccine to be available from October

webfact

Moderna just delayed shipments to Canada, the UK and OZ.  They'd already ordered and paid for the jabs.  I think they're no looking at deliveries sometime in December.  I'm guessing our delivery of Moderna will be in 2022.

And by then, the Indian variant will be here and we'll need boosters...or different jabs.

• Like 1

Here we go again!  This whole issue does not pass the smell test??  It is mid-May, the Thai FDA has already given EUA to the Moderna vaccine and now it will take until October for anyone to get their 'jab' at a private hospital?  How completely ridiculous and inept is the government (we already know) and/or Zuellig not to be able to expedite the importation of the Moderna vaccine.  None of this (as usual) makes any sense.  

October. Thrills. If these morons had approved it when the US FDA did we'd already have it.

I guess I'll have to take my wife on a vacinne-cation after I get back from mine so she can get a decent vaccine too.

This government is beyond incompetent. 

• Confused 1

Yeah why buy the better version off anything when you can get by with the lucky dip version !! ???? 

Private hospital finances can’t be controlled by the government , unlike a vaccine budget . So approve something but then tell people they can’t have it until such a time they have waited that long they will have been forced to have the government one . ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Last 9 words describe one of our local corner shops. ????

I know, I see it all the time up here! ????????????

When I make a suggestion of selling something different or new or fresh, the shop owner looks at me like I have two heads and just jerks his thumb in the direction of the 7-11 next door!....it's available there if you want it!

I once tried to explain when he complained business was bad, that all the shops in the row sold the same stuff and none had any customers, didn't he feel he was doing something wrong? I got the answer.......Covid!

Ah, well. up to him.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Moderna just delayed shipments to Canada, the UK and OZ.  They'd already ordered and paid for the jabs.  I think they're no looking at deliveries sometime in December.  I'm guessing our delivery of Moderna will be in 2022.

And by then, the Indian variant will be here and we'll need boosters...or different jabs.

Covid19

Covid20

Covid22

Variant 1

Variant 2

Variant 3

Variant 4

Chi... variant

UK variant

Indian variant

Honolulu variant

Moderna

Moderna 1+

Moderna 2-

Moderna all inc.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

So many questions, and so few answers.

1. Why five months away?

2. Why not Pfizer in the interim?

3. Why can't the private sector import the vaccines directly? Why does the stunningly incompetent government and health ministry need to be involved?

4. Why was there seemingly no planning, when it comes to the vaccination program?

5. Is this really the best they can do?

6. Why has Anutin not been replaced? His political connections aside, Thailand really needs competent leadership at this emergency juncture.

7. Is the government here (and possibly worldwide) totally bought and paid for, by Big Pharma?

8. Do the people of Thailand finally see how they have been misled, mishandled, bamboozled, forsaken, and abused by the hapless army, and the goons in charge? If they could not see it before, it is so obvious now. 

Farang tinking too mut.

Thai rule du jour is: Don't think too much. If you know what happens tomorrow, you can already be happy.

Just throw in a month like August or October and wait. Long time to go there and when we arrived, who cares what we spoke in May.

No tinking too mut, capiche.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai public have been urged not to wait to get vaccinated using the recently registered Moderna vaccine at private hospitals.

A leading doctor has advised them to go down the state route and get free vaccines of the Sinovac (Chinese) or AstraZeneca (produced in Thailand from next month) when it's their turn. 

and there you have it. Road blocks, smoke and mirrors and no other vaccine is openly able to get in to Thailand. Just wait, we will see October become January 2021. There is a reason these 2 are being forced on the population and it is just sickening. Even more sickening that the Buriram egotistical tyrannical crackpot is forcing everybody against their will to get jabbed with it. I wonder which one he got? mmmmm Psfizer?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Haven't earlier articles been saying the Moderna shot would be 3000 baht for the two of them? Already added another 500 out of nowhere?

People were too quick to agree to 3000!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

All that it can be said is that A lot of water will flow in the Mekong river between now and the first of October...

Not if China gets ahead with all those dams! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, worldview said:

Here we go again!  This whole issue does not pass the smell test??  It is mid-May, the Thai FDA has already given EUA to the Moderna vaccine and now it will take until October for anyone to get their 'jab' at a private hospital?  How completely ridiculous and inept is the government (we already know) and/or Zuellig not to be able to expedite the importation of the Moderna vaccine.  None of this (as usual) makes any sense.  

Ya think Thailand can somehow jump the queue?

• Like 1

500 Bht surcharge for 2 syringes, a person to administer 2 shots, the paperwork required to produce a certificate, a place to be in while being administered, waste removal  & disposal of used medical waste blah blah

Some of you guys are miserable, do not worry about the cost worry about when !!!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I fear you may be right. We should have haggled. 

Can not.

Khun farang living in a 2500baht a month, one bed luxurious room with shared toilet.

How dare they to ask almost one month rent just for a vaccine.

Edited by AlfHuy