Share your air fryer recipes.

Susco

About a year ago I purchased and air fryer, and I think that was one of the best investments I have made in my life.

I'm surely no food connoisseur, and however in my house I have 2 fully installed kitchens, the microwave and deep fryer is what is ever used.

I will never cook a meal, first of all because I'm single, and secondly I don't like all the dishwashing and cleaning.

To me it isn't worth to spend at least 30 minutes preparing a meal, then consume it in 15 minutes, and then again spend another 30 minutes cleaning the kitchen and wash up utensils.

So I either eat out or buy ready made foods, which I just warm up. 

An exception to that rule are French fries for which I had bought an odorless and easy clean deep fryer from Europe , but even that got bored over time, because you have to change oil frequently, and cleaning the deep fryer is also an extensive job.

The air fryer was then also in the first place a replacement for the deep fryer.

That was a straight success, since frozen French fries came out perfectly from the first time, without any oil involved, and to clean the fryer afterwards is a job of just a few minutes.

Since then, I started to cook eggs in it, without water of course, and without broken shells as I had when boiling them in water, and easy peeling as well

I fry vegetables in the air fryer, something I would never have done on a cooking hob, because it would involve a lot of cleaning afterwards.

I like cashew nuts, but they are expensive, like over 100 Baht for 100 gram, so the other day i bought at Makro 800 gram of raw cashew nuts for 165 Baht. Threw them in the air fryer for 6 minutes, added some salt, and they taste the same as what would have probably cost me 1000 Baht if bought ready made.

I have also bought me an aluminium plate to make fried eggs, but I haven't been brave enough to try it yet, as I know what time I spent to clean microwave and kitchen when I tried it in the microwave.

So if you have any easy recipes to share, post them here.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Susco said:

I like cashew nuts, but they are expensive, like over 100 Baht for 100 gram, so the other day i bought at Makro 800 gram of raw cashew nuts for 165 Baht. Threw them in the air fryer for 6 minutes, added some salt, and they taste the same as what would have probably cost me 1000 Baht if bought ready made.

This is a great tip, if roasted cashews are really that much more expensive...

22 minutes ago, onebir said:

This is a great tip, if roasted cashews are really that much more expensive...

Raw peanuts are dirt cheap. Roast in your oven/fryer til just brown, in the blender with a splash of oil, and hey, Peanut Butter, which is very expensive here.

36 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Raw peanuts are dirt cheap. Roast in your oven/fryer til just brown, in the blender with a splash of oil, and hey, Peanut Butter, which is very expensive here.

Also good!

• Like 1