Discount on PEA power bill - got one :)

Crossy

9 hours ago, treetops said:

This app?

1248268835_peaapp.png.e10385c2006af984a59f9e225517fbdb.png

That's the one. Had it working perfectly for over 6 months, then it quit working after an update. Now cannot re-install it

Screenshot_20210523_075417_com.android.vending.jpg

Edited by KannikaP

On 5/20/2021 at 10:48 AM, Sophon said:

Surprisingly, our use of A/C seems to have very little influence on our electric bill. The man comes around on the 19th, so our bill covers the period of the 20th of the month until the 19th of the next month and these are the numbers for the last four months:

January-February, zero A/C use, consumption 299 units

February-March, 7 hours A/C use, consumption 362 units

March-April, 111 hours A/C use, consumption 367 units

April-May, 103 hours A/C use, consumption 372 units

Our bill goes up in the hot season, but it seems to be more about our fridge and freezer working harder than out A/C usage.

You document your monthly AC usage ?

Anyway keeping on topic, My usage for may (got bill yesterday) was 651 units, charged for 651 units.... No covid discount for me !!

April bill was a shocker at 980 units !!

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Anyway keeping on topic, My usage for may (got bill yesterday) was 651 units, charged for 651 units.... No covid discount for me !!

April bill was a shocker at 980 units !!

You don't get a discount if your May usage is less than April as the discount is based upon the increase April to May (100%, 50% or 30% of the difference depending upon usage).

22 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

That's the one. Had it working perfectly for over 6 months, then it quit working after an update. Now cannot re-install it

You appear to be outside Thailand, turn off your VPN if you are using one.

I can let you have the .apk if you want, PM me ???? 

• Like 1

I'm a latecomer to this thread,

I had trouble following Crossy's discount as detailed on his bill. Then I realised it only lists the discount in units, not in Baht.

I noticed ExpatOilWorker posted his bill. That has the discount listed in units and the value in Baht, which is then also listed in the summary, showing the discount as a credit.

That seems a lot clearer way of doing it.

I wonder why Crossy appears to have more 'vague' bill?

I wonder if perhaps the detailed bill is PEA, whereas Crossy in Bangkok must be under the MEA?

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I wonder why Crossy appears to have more 'vague' bill?

I wonder if perhaps the detailed bill is PEA, whereas Crossy in Bangkok must be under the MEA?

No idea why the difference in bill format. We are PEA by about 10km, MEA serves only Bangkok, Nonthaburi, and Samut Prakan we are in Pathum Thani.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

No lies, not all have gotten them, and it might be the utilities were registered in a foreigners name and not a Thai's.  Not sure however, so unless someone can expand on my anecdote I might be wrong.  My discount, which I forgot to outline on my bill posted above was 579.48 Thb.  my power bill with MEA is registered in my ex-wifes name, guess I should change it one of these days.....lol

Bill in my Wife's name so as I said  lies and BS.

Basing in on last months usage seems a pretty strange way of giving a discount.

Generally our winter bills are more than our summer bills.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Bill in my Wife's name so as I said  lies and BS.

Basing in on last months usage seems a pretty strange way of giving a discount.

Generally our winter bills are more than our summer bills.

Yeah am a bit miffed by the discount, my May bill was alwas going to be less than April given Iam not at home for the week of Songkran with a higherAC usage.

My summer bills are always higher than winter ones... is there a winter in Thailand other than a few cooler days towards the end of the year ?

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

No idea why the difference in bill format. We are PEA by about 10km, MEA serves only Bangkok, Nonthaburi, and Samut Prakan we are in Pathum Thani.

Perhaps it's the other poster who comes under MEA, as you've just clarified you don't?

Oddly enough, since my post, our electric bill has just arrived. We're in Udon, so PEA.

I notice ours is exactly the same format as yours Crossy.

I'm getting pedantic now. Top-right of your image: "A Version 5.9.999#1"

I'm guessing that could be the software version for the system producing the bills?

Ours has the same version number.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps it's the other poster who comes under MEA, as you've just clarified you don't?

Orange pre-print on the bill = MEA

Purple pre-print on the bill = PEA

Maybe, I'm sure someone will come along with an exception ???? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Orange pre-print on the bill = MEA

Purple pre-print on the bill = PEA

Maybe, I'm sure someone will come along with an exception ???? 

OK.

I see ours are purple. ExpatOilWorker's bill is orange.

I've got to ask. How come you know about the colours?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

How come you know about the colours?

Logic and deduction (so I expect to be proven incorrect before lunch time).

We are definitely PEA and I know where Jas21 lives, he is definitely MEA. A rather small sample size i know ???? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We are definitely PEA and I know where Jas21 lives, he is definitely MEA. A rather small sample size i know ???? 

Oh I dunno. Going by recent government surveys  I think that's about right. ????

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Crossy said:

My posted bill in Orange is MEA

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Crossy said:

D7AB76F5-5E96-44EB-94A4-7328DAAED9B7_4_5005_c.jpeg

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's not what this says 

Indeed, that article is incomplete.

This is the original article https://www.bangkokbiznews.com/news/detail/936100 although it still misses the 30% discount for users over 1,000 units.

The electricity cost during April 2021 was used as a base for the calculation.

1. Residential house Who use no more than 150 units of electricity will be entitled to use the first 90 units of electricity free 

2. Residential house If the unit uses less than or equal to the April 2021 invoice, the electricity consumption will be charged according to the actual use of electricity. If there is more electricity consumption than the invoice To charge electricity according to the unit of use Which is in accordance with the specified criteria.

3. Residential house Which uses more electricity than the monthly electricity bill for April 2021, the electricity bill shall be charged according to the usage unit as follows:

• For electricity consumers not more than 500 units per month, the electricity price is equal to the power consumption unit of the electricity bill as of April 2021.

• For electricity consumers more than 500 units per month but not more than 1,000 units per month The cost of electricity is equal to the electricity consumption unit of the April 2021 bill, plus the electricity consumption unit greater than the electricity consumption unit of the April 2021 electric bill at a rate of 50%.

• For electricity consumers more than 1,000 units, the electricity bill is equal to the electricity consumption unit of the April 2021 bill, plus the electricity consumption unit greater than the electricity consumption unit. It is a discount on the electricity bill before the calculation of VAT. (Crossy edit - This is the 30% discount group)

4. Small businesses Will get the right to use the first 50 units of free electricity during the month period May - June 2021

On 5/20/2021 at 7:08 AM, colinneil said:

Hells bells Crossy, what you got at home, an engineering workshop?

Got our bill, highest bill for more than 3 years, 791 baht, after discount just over five hundred baht.

i was thinking the same......

well,  now i look forward to the usual suspects posting how BIG their Bills are .   probably held up next to the bmw parked in the drive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rumak said:

i was thinking the same......

well,  now i look forward to the usual suspects posting how BIG their Bills are .   probably held up next to the bmw parked in the drive

Also consider that in that billing period we generated an additional 752 kWh from solar!

Keeping Madam's koi happy and our pool clear and sparkly does use a not inconsiderable amount of energy. Couple that with 5HP of irrigation pumps, me working from home and 2 A/C loving grandkids here for the duration and you have a less than small bill.

Rest assured it will head to more "normal" levels once the pandemic has passed.

EDIT The grandkids are back with their parents at present, already our overall daily consumption has fallen by 20%! (from 50 to 40 units per day)

EDIT 2 Plot of our overall usage (includes power from the solar).

Both kids were here 17 and 18, down to one 19, 20, 21, just me and the Missus 22nd. Plot resets at midnight.

Yes, I'm a sad animal.

power.jpg.235890cbb9809a525564ac21d55dd10a.jpg

Just got our bill.

50 units free worth a 200.92 Baht discount before tax.

I should mention that long ago our meters were simply swapped.

The meter we have now is registered to another plot which was initially a small shop.

"small business"?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Am PEA and mine is purple.

That sounds wrong on many levels !!

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Also consider that in that billing period we generated an additional 752 kWh from solar!

Keeping Madam's koi happy and our pool clear and sparkly does use a not inconsiderable amount of energy. Couple that with 5HP of irrigation pumps, me working from home and 2 A/C loving grandkids here for the duration and you have a less than small bill.

Rest assured it will head to more "normal" levels once the pandemic has passed.

EDIT The grandkids are back with their parents at present, already our overall daily consumption has fallen by 20%! (from 50 to 40 units per day)

EDIT 2 Plot of our overall usage (includes power from the solar).

Both kids were here 18 and 19, down to one 20, 21, 22, just me and the Missus 23rd. Plot resets at midnight.

Yes, I'm a sad animal.

power.jpg.235890cbb9809a525564ac21d55dd10a.jpg

I'm disappointed.   I rushed to read this hoping to see a photo of you and the BMW !

OTOH ..... i was confused at first today when our bill was  378 baht .   Then I saw we received a very big discount.   Would have been over a 1000,  but nowhere near 4000.

Heck,  with Covid helping all of us save money ( what is there to do ? ) ..... And these great utility discounts,  all i need now to be rich is for a few bitcoin to fall from the sky .

54 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Mine was quite low this month.

Around 70,000Baht.

Not to bad, considering I am charging my 6 Teslas, 4 I8 BMW's and my electric Yacht.

Usually I spend around 125-160,000Baht a month.

75878BF6-CE5D-477D-AE81-7783F9C1D9CE_4_5005_c.jpeg

I am sorry.   Any further submissions by members showing off their HUGE bills will not be validated unless you have photo of you smiling next to late model BMW !  

and 3 photocopies, signed,  of your tm30

• Haha 1