Discount on PEA power bill - got one :)

Crossy

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

While on the subject of PEA, their Smart App seems to be up the Swannee. 

I used it to pay our bill this morning, no indication that there's an update, I shall avoid installing it if one appears.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satcommlee said:

Should not post bills online, it is a privacy concern, especially one post that easily exposes home address..

Indeed, I don't think any of the ones posted do. If anyone really wanted to I suppose the QR could be back-tracked.

If anyone wants their post redacted please let me know. Actually since both the bills were posted by Mods they can do it themselves if worried.

• Thanks 1

Should have had my bill yesterday but nothing yet for last month.

No discount on the previous bill but the one before that, Feb/Mar was 291 baht discount so only 410 baht for the month.

My highest usage over the the last 30 months was last month at a 195 units.

It was hot again this month so expecting around the same usage so yes a discount would be nice, just so I know the PEA loves me too.

The bill at the condo in Chiang Rai was zero, zilch, zip for the last 3 months, although that might be because I was below a certain threshold of consumption, as I only spend 3 days a week there.

The bill at my GF's house same as usual, although my GF phoned me yesterday in a lather asking me if I had paid the bill yet, as she had found out the PEA was stiffing the whole village on any discounts.

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2021 at 7:08 AM, colinneil said:

Hells bells Crossy, what you got at home, an engineering workshop?

Got our bill, highest bill for more than 3 years, 791 baht, after discount just over five hundred baht.

I'd trade him bills.

On 5/20/2021 at 7:01 AM, Crossy said:

The government seem to have come good on their promise of discounts on power bills.

Got our PEA bill yesterday.

Consumption 1103 units, billed for 1004 unit

Good to here you got it but we did not. The wife tells me that it is something to do with the "Type", type of what I do not know but our type is 1125 and there is a note (in Thai) at the bottom of the bill that mentions the 90 unit discount.

What is your type.

Edited by GreasyFingers

Managed to keep our usage under 500Kwh this last month. We recently bought two new Daikin FTKM Inverter Air Con units. They seem to be using a lot less electric that our old ones. I calculate the pay back will be roughly four years though.

Seems we got quite a good discount.

MEA_May.JPG.dcba5d26c733298fb452b81e90f5203c.JPG

On 5/20/2021 at 7:08 AM, colinneil said:

Hells bells Crossy, what you got at home, an engineering workshop?

Got our bill, highest bill for more than 3 years, 791 baht, after discount just over five hundred baht.

you use your LAPTOP TOO MUCH for such a big bill !!!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Good to here you got it but we did not. The wife tells me that it is something to do with the "Type", type of what I do not know but our type is 1125 and there is a note (in Thai) at the bottom of the bill that mentions the 90 unit discount.

What is your type.

Our "Type" is also 1125. Regular single-phase domestic connection on a 15/45 meter.

6 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Great, We now know how the discount is calculated:

30% of (May - April).

They came true on the below promise.

Bangkok Business News reported that the cabinet had discussed providing 10 billion baht in relief on electric and water bills to households and small businesses because of the third wave of the pandemic. 

It will apply to bills for this month and June. 

Electricity usage in April will act as a guide to figure out what discounts users will receive.

For those who use 150 units and less they will get their first 90 units for free in May and June. 

Over this will be based on April usage and have differing scales for users who consume 150 units, up to 500 units, 500 to 1000 units and more than 1000 units. 

Small business will get 50 units for free. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Our "Type" is also 1125. Regular single-phase domestic connection on a 15/45 meter.

So no difference in meter. Our May usage was less than April, (probably not running the spear point pump to water the crops), could this be the reason for no discount.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I have used it successfully for over 6 months, easy to pay the bill via Banking. This week I opened it up and it said there was an upgrade, so I clicked YES. Got one of two messages, either my phone is not compatible (Huawei on AIS) or not available in my country, (I am in Thailand).

Went to local PEA office where a techie first uninstalled the app, then could not find it in Google Play Store. Tried to install on a 'blank' Samsung with the same results.

A student in the office then came to tell me that the upgrade is no good and will be sorted in the coming weeks. I asked if this meant that no-one in Thailand can use the app, to which I got a giggle.

Has this happened to any members on here?

I wasn’t aware there was an app. I scan the QR on the bill via my banking app (I’m sure you’re aware, just a PSA)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

I wasn’t aware there was an app. I scan the QR on the bill via my banking app (I’m sure you’re aware, just a PSA)

The app has a few other "useful" features such as 13 months usage history and and "outage report" system.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

Just tried that, but get an error that the info from QR is invalid. Never mind, there is a lovely young lady at the PEA Office.

• Haha 1

On 5/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, KannikaP said:

I have used it successfully for over 6 months, easy to pay the bill via Banking. This week I opened it up and it said there was an upgrade, so I clicked YES. Got one of two messages, either my phone is not compatible (Huawei on AIS) or not available in my country, (I am in Thailand).

This app?

1248268835_peaapp.png.e10385c2006af984a59f9e225517fbdb.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fishtank said:

No discount here.

More lies in the land of scams.

No lies, not all have gotten them, and it might be the utilities were registered in a foreigners name and not a Thai's.  Not sure however, so unless someone can expand on my anecdote I might be wrong.  My discount, which I forgot to outline on my bill posted above was 579.48 Thb.  my power bill with MEA is registered in my ex-wifes name, guess I should change it one of these days.....lol

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

They certainly love their Apps at the PEA !

SmartSelect_20210523-074720_Google Play Store.jpg

Yes, especially the Cremation one. I thought they used wood & gas. Maybe they'll go nuclear soon!

• Haha 1