Latest government Covid borrowing pushes state funds to the limit, says bank research center

webfact

18 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

No central bank is independent of the government.

They may claim to be but in reality its a fiction.

Not true. The former German Bundesbank was independent from politics and the Government.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1991/08/27/Kohl-praises-Poehl-for-services-as-Bundesbank-head/6921683265600/

Mr Poehl made some unpopular decisions against the government.

Edited by hanuman2543

1 hour ago, hanuman2543 said:

Not true. The former German Bundesbank was independent from politics and the Government.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1991/08/27/Kohl-praises-Poehl-for-services-as-Bundesbank-head/6921683265600/

Mr Poehl made some unpopular decisions against the government.

From the article I linked to earlier.

Maybe the closest we have seen to an independent central bank was the post-war German Bundesbank. It did a good job at allowing decent growth while keeping inflation low. It attracted cross-party support and appeared independent.

Two issues came to the fore in the 1990s which revealed the underlying reality.

With the 1990 merger of East and West Germany, the government wanted an early amalgamation of the Deutsche Mark with the east mark. The Bundesbank warned of the dangers, in view of large economic divergences, and argued for a lower valuation of the eastern currency. The Bundesbank lost on both counts. German economic policy was badly disrupted, with mass migration of labour to western Germany and a big build-up of state debts to subsidise the east. The bank had offered good economic advice, but the political imperative was different.

Subsequently the German government decided it wanted to join the euro, abolishing the domestic currency the Bundesbank had developed and burnished. The German central bank was effectively abolished, with its main powers transferred to the European Central Bank without a fight.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brierley said:

My wife has paid her social security payment every month for the past twenty years, have you and your staff, because that seems to be the deciding factor as far as I can tell, not income tax.

I am a director and can not get into social fund, all staff had social but not all could get any money as social office made it very hard asking for more info after more Info and then social paid only half of their salary for 2 -3 months . For example right now we are not in lockdown   But we are, but because it does not say lockdown social does not pay .

but even take your wife , 2 years she got 36000, 2 000 per month , without you she would starve l, and if she paid social for 20 years she has paid  them at least 240000 but all she got was 36000

On 5/21/2021 at 11:32 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Compare to Germany. "black zero", saving/cutting, neglect infrastructure for years, being the prig of the Eurozone.

Now throwing all over board, let the 100s of billions fly.

Is it selfish that this thread lets me check the exchange rates again?

Germany? Eurozone? I thought this was about Thai economics.