Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

"I have an appointment at my local public hospital for a jab at 4 p.m. on 7 Jun. I've had it for about a week. I registered on the LINE app and scheduled it via the online app Mor Prom."

Do you have any choice as to which vaccine you can get? 

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

This is because Thailand does not have a central database for foreigners residing in the kingdom, with data spread across multiple agencies. 

Wow....... where are our zillions of photocopies going to????? Anyway..... good news and let's hope the registration process will run smoothly......

• Haha 1

They closed down the registration place in samui after a day due to them not wanting groups off people waiting around to register incase it spread Covid  . So now this idea for the public is announced and involves people just turning up to register and most likely won’t get a vaccine that day . So much for technology advancing things !! ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

This is one I'd not come across before, definitely filed for future use along with SNAFU and FUBAR (both of which also apply) ???? 

One of my favourites is OINK.  I used it regularly in my previous working environment to describe many who I worked for.  You may find it useful in some situations.

Opinion Instant No Knowledge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

“I believe I am giving you quite good news,” said Mr Natapanu.

The bad news was he only gave two locations in Bangkok...

WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THAILAND?

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Happy days. Just wonder how long after the 7th June any of us will actually get the jab and if we will have any say in which one we get.

June will be the start of the AZ roll-out.

No other choices.

• Like 1

if you are not getting what you want
you are not paying enough

There is a foreigner who got his jab here in APRIL
posted pics on twitter (obviously i cannot post SM links on TVF)
but that was also a day after he posted pics of himself swimming in Maya Bay (from private yacht)

you have all been here long enough to know, Money talks.

1 minute ago, hotchilli said:

Believe all hospitals will be participating by the June 7 start.  The two in Bangkok were mentioned as English ability will be better than most government facilities - but for those who already have medical records at other hospitals they will be able to register there, including private hospitals.

16 hours ago, d2b2 said:

Many many retirees are here on extended tourist visa and not retiree visas

a retiree should not be here on extended tourist visa. 

a retiree should have one of the 2 retirement 'visas'

so this process will also expose the riff raff staying here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Public hospitals?

Private hospitals?

Both?

All hospitals?

Have the hospitals been informed?

Note the requirement if using  passport that the hospital have your medical records.

What if they don't?

I have the same question, what hospitals are involved across the nation... so far only two in Bangkok have been delegated.

My thoughts regarding medical records was the same, but I think it means "if you have" medical records then make them available.

I don't have any medical records at all.. clean health record in Thailand.

16 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

But what about the foreigners here in Thailand on tourist visas? Still lots of them here, they aren’t expats or residents as such. Are tourists still including in this ? I asked billy barrow and he said “it’s not known” 

Suggest you take your passport to your local hospital on June 7 and register.  I doubt the hospital will be looking for a visa.  If you don’t have records at a local hospital perhaps go now and get a physical or a blood test thereby obtaining a hospital number and leave behind a “record.”

Edited by Tracyb
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, pookiki said:

What was not clear to me - as it specifically relates to Bangkok - is whether the two registration centers (Vimut and Bang Rak) are the only places to register or can we go to the hospital that has our medical records as well? Given the number of foreigners in Bangkok, I am doubtful that there will be any same day jabs.

What about the rest of us outside Bangkok.... nothing about that yet?

4 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

i dont agree

i think they will offer the Chinese potion that the Thais do not trust

Not enough of Sinovac in the country... from June the AZ will be shipped around the nation.

12 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Re-read the announcement.  Specifically the instructions for foreigners written after the word, “provinces.”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

What about the rest of us outside Bangkok.... nothing about that yet?

Please read the announcement, in particular the instructions for those of us in provinces.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, billsmart said:

I have an appointment at my local public hospital for a jab at 4 p.m. on 7 Jun. I've had it for about a week. I registered on the LINE app and scheduled it via the online app Mor Prom.

You have a pinkie then?

8 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Believe all hospitals will be participating by the June 7 start.  The two in Bangkok were mentioned as English ability will be better than most government facilities - but for those who already have medical records at other hospitals they will be able to register there, including private hospitals.

Well I'm not in Bangkok and I don't have any health records at any hospital.

So for now I will have to wait for the A-team to name hospitals in my area that are participating in this vaccination programme and will be allocated supplies.

• Confused 1

"

This is because Thailand does not have a central database for foreigners residing in the kingdom, with data spread across multiple agencies."

I hate to disagree but the immigration bureau has a central database. Unless the alien sneaked in during the night and hence has no paper trail on the way in - all the others are in their computers and, surprise surprise, they can access your immigration record literally everywhere, where there is an online computer link.

But unclear remains, if the Ministry of Public Health, the Ministry of Interior (handling the police and latter the immigration) as well as the Ministry of Funny Hats are linked ...... most likely not, like in many other countries ???? 

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Hands up who wants the Chinese one?

A Thai friend of mine had 2 jabs of the Chinese vaccine and doesn't  look good. He had his second jab over a week a go and still wears his mask everyday and looks like sh--. I guess everyone has a different reaction to this wonderful vaccine with a high rating of 50.4. So I Couldn't really put my hand up on this one.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Public hospitals?

Private hospitals?

Both?

All hospitals?

Have the hospitals been informed?

Note the requirement if using  passport that the hospital have your medical records.

What if they don't?

I registered yesterday at the Chiang Mai BigC. The only document the super helpful staff wanted was to see my pink Thai ID card for foreigners. As I am already registered as a patient at the Chiang Mai Rajavej hospital it would be there that my first jab would be given on 5 July. The whole process at BigC was quick and painless!

17 hours ago, WineOh said:

What happened to the app they were banging on about yesterday?

Windows 95 playing up again? ???? 

Although it doesn’t make any sense to me, or have any relevance to registering for the vaccine, the answer to your question is contained towards the end of the article.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The word "residents" comes up once more

Plus "no central database" of people here.

So much for the T6

TM 30,  certificates of residence, and 90 day reporting database at immigration!!

It's almost as bad as the Amphur records saying my lady and her sister are farmers so never received the 5000 baht x 3 times.

Once would have been nice.

received_383308248753630.gif

Edited by dallen52

Lets be clear about the Jul 1 sandbox opening. 43 out of 100 positive cases in Singapore had either a 1st or 2nd Pfizer or Moderna jab - the best vaccine and yet this happens.

Read on;

According to CNA's study of data published on MOH’s website, 43 out of the 100 cases linked to the cluster so far have received one or two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
A comparison between those who have been vaccinated and those who have not, revealed that there were 12 more symptomatic cases in the unvaccinated pool. Common symptoms include fever, cough and runny nose.
Twenty-four patients linked to the cluster preliminarily tested positive for the B1617 variant, which was first detected in India. Half of them were not vaccinated.
Since the cluster emerged in early-May, authorities have implemented a slew of measures, including special testing operations and the closure of airport passenger terminals to the public.

The source is here;

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-changi-airport-cluster-timeline-14855936

Share is you wish. 

Live in Lopburi. They expect Moderna to be here in December, maybe October. They're not happy about it either. I'm  guessing things will go back and forth on this. Things done on this scale are bound to have problems. Willing to wait(and pay).

17 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

A Thai friend of mine had 2 jabs of the Chinese vaccine and doesn't  look good. He had his second jab over a week a go and still wears his mask everyday and looks like sh--. I guess everyone has a different reaction to this wonderful vaccine with a high rating of 50.4. So I Couldn't really put my hand up on this one.

If you have ever read the information sheet that comes with vaccines and the possible reactions you might well be reluctant to proceed

I had the pneumonia vaccine last year and after the first shot experienced influenza symptoms for a couple of days.

A Thai Health Worker friend of my wife visited here a couple of days ago she has had both shots of the Chinese vaccine, looked fine and said she had experienced no problems.

We are all different 

17 hours ago, dcsw53 said:

We're ahead of the game. I registered at Pattaya Memorial Hospital on Wednesday, Jab will be Moderna done in October.

At last some positive news from Pattaya !!

The same Pattaya that turned away 24,000 locals because of no vaccine allocation the other week?.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WineOh said:

What happened to the app they were banging on about yesterday?

Windows 95 playing up again? ???? 

Don't panic its on a Floppy Disk.... 

• Haha 1