Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Public hospitals?

Private hospitals?

Both?

All hospitals?

Have the hospitals been informed?

Note the requirement if using  passport that the hospital have your medical records.

What if they don't?

There is a video in the OP that covers everything, but...

Hospital were you are already registered (for medical treatment).

Designated vaccination centres if you're not registered in a hospital.

Yes, hospitals have been informed.

Or, you could just watch the video.

• Like 2

I registered two weeks ago on the Thai site and got jab date of 15th June.  I was told by the Registration Centre that they want everyone jabbed at their own local State Hospital which makes sense.  Wife has already checked local Hospital to see if we are on the list and we are both in for 9am on 15th June....so here we go !

Edited by trainman34014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“Foreigners will need to register on site at vaccination centres or at  a hospital, Mr Natapanu said.”

I emailed a prominent private hospital in Chiang Mai(I will not name the hospital but “the Los Angeles Rams are going to the Super Bowl”) about Covid 19 Vaccine?

The reply I got was to use the “MOR PROMPT app?????? 

I think everything will go smoothly?????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

But I was waiting for the May 24th rollout of the English Vaccine Registration Website?  Also, if one is registered this does not guarantee one will actually get vaccinated.  How many doses of the vaccine(s) will be needed to vaccinate all eligible Thai Nationals and all foreigners as well?  70, 80 90 or 100 Million?  Of course this presumes two does per person.  

"But I was waiting for the May 24th rollout of the English Vaccine Registration Website" 

No need to wait now, why worry about it?

"Also, if one is registered this does not guarantee one will actually get vaccinated". 

Says who and why?

"How many doses of the vaccine(s) will be needed to vaccinate all eligible Thai Nationals and all foreigners".

As long as you get yours, don't worry about that.

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

“Foreigners will need to register on site at vaccination centres or at  a hospital, Mr Natapanu said.”

I emailed a prominent private hospital in Chiang Mai(I will not name the hospital but “the Los Angeles Rams are going to the Super Bowl”) about Covid 19 Vaccine?

The reply I got was to use the “MOR PROMPT app?????? 

I think everything will go smoothly?????

Why bother ?   Private Hospitals are not even in the picture with Vaccinations yet !

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

"Also, if one is registered this does not guarantee one will actually get vaccinated". 

Says who and why?

says me.

He raises an excellent point.

who knows how long it will take to actually receive the vaccine once registered.

Could be months.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, pookiki said:

What was not clear to me - as it specifically relates to Bangkok - is whether the two registration centers (Vimut and Bang Rak) are the only places to register or can we go to the hospital that has our medical records as well? 

That is all explained very clearly in the video.

Register at your hospital or, if you don't have one, register at one of the first two of the designated vaccination centres clearly described.

What happened to the setting up of specific centres for foreigners with English speaking staff to take medical info and avoid any misunderstandings? Is that gone away along with the APP?

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, DepDavid said:

I plan to wait until at least august because they will change the program daily until then. No point at all to listen to anything before then. 

You don't believe them now but you'll happily believe them in August?   Very logical.  What's so special about August?  

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That is all explained very clearly in the video.

Register at your hospital or, if you don't have one, register at one of the first two of the designated vaccination centres clearly described.

I watched the English version of the CCSA live and what was said does not necessarily jive with what is written.  I guess we will know soon enough. I will check with my hospital tomorrow and see what they say.

7 minutes ago, WineOh said:
9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Says who and why?

says me.

He raises an excellent point.

who knows how long it will take to actually receive the vaccine once registered.

Could be months.

I think his point is illogical.

Could be months, I suppose, but it could be days just as easily;  as you said "who knows?", so no need to disparage everything they do for the sake of it

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I have learned not to take everything that is said in the announcements du jour at face value.

Saying stuff is one thing. What actually happens is another. 

So why bother asking the questions, then, when the only available information is that which was in the video?

• Confused 1

Call me stupid but what is the difference between on 'on site and walk in'?

A case of ,same same but different?

Or could it be a bunch of grown ups playing kids games?

Edited by jvs

1 hour ago, pookiki said:

What was not clear to me - as it specifically relates to Bangkok - is whether the two registration centers (Vimut and Bang Rak) are the only places to register or can we go to the hospital that has our medical records as well? Given the number of foreigners in Bangkok, I am doubtful that there will be any same day jabs.

Best guess.

1.  Vimut and Bang Rak are being set up for foreigners living in Bangkok without medical records at other hospitals as they have good English ability due university connections.

2.  Private hospitals are being informed now of procedure and will start registration only on 7 June.  If you use a private hospital you should be able to register 7 June or after for appointment - they will order vaccine from government.

3.  From experiences reported today appointments may indeed be null and void for foreigners made on the Thai online system.  Best advise (today) is make registration on/after 7 June at your hospital.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jackcwba said:

But what about the foreigners here in Thailand on tourist visas? Still lots of them here, they aren’t expats or residents as such. Are tourists still including in this ? I asked billy barrow and he said “it’s not known” 

I've seen and heard no indication that registration for COVID vaccines is going  to be affected by one's visa/entry status. What you'll need to register is your home country passport and/or your Thai social security card if employed here.